Video Calibration with Touched
When installing XBMC on the iPhone it automatically installs the Touched skin, which really worked great on the iPad. However, I need to adjust the video calibration since the center box is rectangular not square. I have tried everything I can think of and searched everywhere. How do you accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated.
the ratio of the skin will be different because it was made for the iPad, but for video the ratio will not be messed up. As in, skin isn't perfect, videos are.
No video calibration support for touch devices. Screen allways fits the display there. (we should consider deactivating the option for ios touch devices imho).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The movie sure does seem stretched and slightly distorted. When I look on my iPad, the calibration box is square, but on the iPhone it is rectangle. If I used another skin, can I do the calibration in it and then switch back to the Touched? The movies just look too stretched out to be worth watching on the iPhone, yet other movies I've done on the iPhone thru dvd converts to iphone seem to use the whole screen instead of a just a 3/4" section stretching from end to end of the phone.
You can't get it to look right by using the video osd settings (don't know how the setting right now - its where you choose between 16:9 or zoomed or 4:3 or normal and so on)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I've tried every setting I can see and all my movies play stretched sideways so they only are about 3/4" tall. Is this the way it is on all iPhone versions?
Have you tried altering the view mode in the video OSD settings?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

iphone is 480x320. Its not 4:3. And this is for all iphones of course. And what jmarshall said...
The issue is movies, not 4:3 stuff. That seems to work fine, using the whole screen. But my ISO rips of my DVD's which are mostly the standard 1:85 and up are what seems to be stretched. Adjusting in the Video -> Playback -> Allow error in aspect ratio to it's max of 20% seems to have helped some but you can tell things are stretched out of portion. People are short and fat, etc. Can anyone who has this installed on an iPhone, check for me under the Settings -> System -> Video Output -> Video calibration and see if the center calibration box is a true square or rectangular?
You can change the zoom mode from the Video OSD->Video Settings. Change the zoom modes around and note what it says on the top of the screen regarding aspect ratio and the like.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I don't see that on the Touched skin.

I found it and it worked. Hooray. I could hug you, in a manly sort of way. I knew there had to be an answer. Thank you.
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7427/...t003kj.png

*not to myself clear the words the next time* ... that was exactly what i was talking about from the first post on ... Wink
Sorry, I missed the 'OSD' the first time around and was in the regular Settings under Video where it had the alter 4:3. I had never even seen that option in the OSD menu before. It has probably even been there back to the Xbox versions but seemed to always work without messing with so never needed it before. There is so much to this program which is really great but sometimes hard to know all the areas that are affected until you use them.

Thanks again for everyone's help.........

Now when will there be a port to the new ATV3......Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Calibration with Touched0