Can't play upnp files from library
Hi,

I have just got a new router with a upnp server. So I connected my HD to it and I managed to find and add it as a new source.

I have a jailbroken Apple TV2 with XBMC on it and it has worked perfectly until now.

I can play movies from it if I go through Files and my upnp drive, but when I added the movies to the library I can't access them from there. Just get the error message:

" This file is no longer available. Do you want to remove it from the library?".

But the movie is there, I can play it from Files but not from the library.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Best,
Doomdancer
library is not compatible with upnp sources. Its because the urls from upnp are not static but can change each time you request a file over upnp. So if you want to use the library you have to go with another protocol (smb, nfs, ftp or whatever your nas is able to provide).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok,

thanks for the quick response.

Another question:

When I delete movies from the HD, they still remain in the list when I look in the upnp folder in xbmc. This is pretty annoying. Tried to to a clean up, but old files are still visible. I have tried deleting it and adding it again, but still the files are there.

Any suggestions on this one?
if this is still in file mode its the problem of your upnp server which still announces these files. Restart the upnp service or reboot the whole server/nas/router whereever it is running...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It could be XBMC caching the listing. If you go all the way up to the upnp "root" and go back in I think it might update? Give it a go.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't play upnp files from library0