HD Audio
HeGetsIt Wrote:And... Presto!
Great job! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
DDDamian Wrote:That would be a she. Laugh The patch was done by new team member DanielaE.

Haha sorry. I did just send a new donation. Use it how how you wish obviously. I'd like to see development of a full release of XBMC-HD Audio.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
patseguin Wrote:Haha sorry. I did just send a new donation. Use it how how you wish obviously. I'd like to see development of a full release of XBMC-HD Audio.
+1, I have been waiting for this day since I start using XBMC HD audio with Dharma since last July. I fought with several guys in several threads on this subject...let just keep our fingers cross on it! Smile
patseguin Wrote:Haha sorry. I did just send a new donation. Use it how how you wish obviously. I'd like to see development of a full release of XBMC-HD Audio.

Thx for donating Pat - it helps fund equipment for development (and makes you feel good) Nod

bluray Wrote:+1, I have been waiting for this day since I start using XBMC HD audio with Dharma since last July. I fought with several guys in several threads on this subject...let just keep our fingers cross on it! Smile

Fighting with people actually slows development down. The initiatives by Daniela, gnif, phi and others were not started because people fought. AE was delayed in part because it took forever to get gnif some test gear. A donation would do more to speed development than "fighting with several guys" hint hint.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:Fighting with people actually slows development down. The initiatives by Daniela, gnif, phi and others were not started because people fought. AE was delayed in part because it took forever to get gnif some test gear. A donation would do more to speed development than "fighting with several guys" hint hint.
I hope that you didn't think I was rough to others, because it wasn't anything like that. I don't fought and called people name on the net (that would be childish). All I tried do to was getting my words across to others on how important to have HD audio in XMBC ASAP....
bluray Wrote:I hope that you didn't think I was rough to others, because it wasn't anything like that. I don't fought and called people name on the net (that would be childish). All I tried do to was getting my words across to others on how important to have HD audio in XBMC ASAP....

I was just quoting you. I think that saying you fought with others to get it implemented implies that somehow they either weren't doing it (they were) or didn't recognize it as a good addition (they did) or couldn't do it (they can). Why would you say you fought with others about it? Instead of 4,000 posts perhaps a line of code or a donation would have made more sense. I think we realize how important it is to many. That's why so many hours of voluntary work have been invested. You don't have to "cross your fingers". As you well know it's being merged after Eden.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:As you well know it's being merged after Eden.
As I said, I'll donate after I see it in here- Downloads.

As you can see in my nearly 4000 posts, I helped others in so many ways (HD audio with Pre-Eden, HTPC hardware, External Player, etc). As long as I can be helpful to others, my time in this forum is priceless. Cheer! Smile
bluray Wrote:As I said, I'll donate after I see it in here- Downloads.

As you can see in my nearly 4000 posts, I helped others in so many ways (HD audio with Pre-Eden, HTPC hardware, External Player, etc). As long as I can be helpful to others, my time in this forum is priceless. Cheer! Smile

Yeah, just think it's kinda disingenuous that you would actively link to paid software because XBMC wasn't bitstreaming, then pass around experimental builds and complain that Daniela's patch wasn't "ready", diss the team for not responding fast enough or somehow not realizing it's worth adding, post 4,000 posts about HD audio, but can't donate even though you're building a new house with an 11.2 system, have XBMC running on several boxes, link to other software you had to pay money for or pirate, have an extensive collection of blurays, etc. When a guy says he's going to donate as soon as his paycheck comes in you said you can't because you have to feed five kids, between posts and planning your 11.2 system and new house! Now you'll only donate when it's good enough for you.

I've seen you fight with several members, and bailed out your reputation once before because of the helpful posts. But I've also seen a lot of very disingenuous or out-right baiting posts, several of which I've had to moderate.

I hope that one day you'll feel the effort put into XBMC is worthy of you even if it is running on several boxes for you. After all, you paid for TMT, right?
DDDamian Wrote:After all, you paid for TMT, right?
That is right, and most everything else in my HTPC's.

Donate- it mean exactly that!

When I feel it is the right time to donate, I'll be happy to!

Let get back to main topic! Smile
bluray Wrote:When I feel it is the right time to donate, I'll be happy to!

Now's a great time - with AE approaching test equipment for the dev's working on it will surely speed the implementation.
bluray Wrote:As I said, I'll donate after I see it in here- Downloads.

I will donate too. But still waiting for CD AUDIO support (everytime I put a cd audio xbmc turns really slow, almost freezing and never can't get the track names). And I tried in 3 pcs. For any HTPC at least it should work.

And I would donate more if it have bluray support, but I know thats to much lol
Easy now boys!! Big Grin

Am new to this and so in love with XBMC already!! Will defo be making a donation
Sorry have a quick question. I installed Eden RC2 yesterday. Will Danielle's patch work with that ?

thanks
(2012-03-12, 17:19)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Sorry have a quick question. I installed Eden RC2 yesterday. Will Danielle's patch work with that ?

thanks

It will indeed Hail.ceaser - if you go to the second post of that thread there's a link to a compiled binary with HDAudio + RC2 Wink
(2012-03-12, 17:32)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 17:19)Hail.ceasar Wrote: Sorry have a quick question. I installed Eden RC2 yesterday. Will Danielle's patch work with that ?

thanks

It will indeed Hail.ceaser - if you go to the second post of that thread there's a link to a compiled binary with HDAudio + RC2 Wink

Why there will ever be any release WITHOUT your patch work is totally beyond me. :-)

EDIT: Oh, and why do people request CD Audio and Blu Ray support? The whole point of XBMC is not to have to get my lazy a** off the couch and put in a disc. ;-)
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2012-03-12, 17:49)patseguin Wrote: Why there will ever be any release WITHOUT your patch work is totally beyond me. :-)

Largely because it is still platform-dependent, the Eden feature-freeze and the merge with the AE branch coming online sometime post-Eden, which will give ppl HDAudio across multiple platforms.

For now it's just something I'm happy to do as Daniela's patch works wonderfully and gives at least Windows users something useful here-and-now Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio0