sync problem
Hello I have a problem with the sound and picture my xbmc. I notice it most when I look at the regular xvid files. what happens is that the picture and sound are not quite in sync. I have a Sapphire Radeon 6570 video card, which is connected by HDMI to an Onkyo 609 If anyone has any tips on what I can do and get the image and the audio in sync would have been fine.
stilian Wrote:Hello I have a problem with the sound and picture my xbmc. I notice it most when I look at the regular xvid files. what happens is that the picture and sound are not quite in sync. I have a Sapphire Radeon 6570 video card, which is connected by HDMI to an Onkyo 609 If anyone has any tips on what I can do and get the image and the audio in sync would have been fine.
You have very nice GPU and AVR, you should be able to playback BD fluently. Here are some suggestions:

1. Make sure that your GPU have the latest driver from here- Graphics Drivers & Software

2. Select AMD HDMI audio output in W7 control panel
3. Set resolution in W7 display settings to recommended resolution
4. Set AVR to pass-thru video
5. Set XBMC as shown below

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
stilian Wrote:Hello I have a problem with the sound and picture my xbmc. I notice it most when I look at the regular xvid files. what happens is that the picture and sound are not quite in sync. I have a Sapphire Radeon 6570 video card, which is connected by HDMI to an Onkyo 609 If anyone has any tips on what I can do and get the image and the audio in sync would have been fine.

what XBMC version are you using?
if Eden RC1 then that was a known issue, upgrade to RC2 to fix
isamu.dragon Wrote:what XBMC version are you using?
if Eden RC1 then that was a known issue, upgrade to RC2 to fix
I using 10.1 now.
stilian Wrote:I using 10.1 now.
Dharma 10.1 should be stable version. If you want the latest version with more options, you can download Eden_RC2.

Anyway, how is the playback with the standalone media player (TMT5, PDVD11 or MPC-HC)?

Here are some tips that you can try:

1. Make sure that your system is connect this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables. Set AVR to pass-thru video.
2. Make sure that your GPU have the latest driver from here- Graphics Drivers & Software .
3. For screen resolution, you can use the recommended screen resolution in Windows 7 display settings. If it doesn't fill up the entire screen, you use Underscan/Overscan options in CCC Scaling Options to fill up the entire screen.
4. Leave all default settings in CCC video/quality
5. Configure XBMC video PlayBack in Video Settings as shown below
6. You can launch XBMC and try to playback a blu-ray movie
7. If you don't like the video quality, you can try to disable all Video Settings in CCC video quality. (I preferred everything disabled in CCC other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback")
8. You can try to playback the same blu-ray movie again

Here are some screen shots from my HTPC-

I don't think the user is having issues with blurays specifically. He's having an issue that countless others have with audio sync on mostly xvid avi files. Bluray mkv H264 files are usually fine. The user should read up on the Audio delay options built into the RC2 build.
@bluray - please stop spamming these threads. The OP did not report problems with BD playback, CCC, smooth playback or wiring. You've flooded this thread with things unrelated to the OP's issue.

It is very likely that the OP's XVid AVI files are interleaved in a way XBMC is not interpreting correctly.

@stilian, if the audio delay is consistently out there is a fix in RC2 - you can search for Global AV Delay and find a large thread on how to use it (see near the end of the thread). It allows you to set a global delay, and more specific delays for different video framerates.

This does not sound like it applies to you as you mention that you notice it most with XVid AVI's, in which case you may need to adjust on a case-by-case basis. While playing a video look on the OSD and you'll see a speaker icon near the lower left. Selecting it brings up the audio options for that movie, including a delay slider. You can also apply that delay to all movies from that dialog box.

It may well be that a combination of the above is most effective.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:@bluray - please stop spamming these threads. The OP did not report problems with BD playback, CCC, smooth playback or wiring. You've flooded this thread with things unrelated to the OP's issue.

It is very likely that the OP's XVid AVI files are interleaved in a way XBMC is not interpreting correctly..
Well, it's hard to say...If he can playback Xvid AVI with other media player fluently, it could related to XBMC and other settings I suggested!

I'm interesting to see what is the fix....
its most likely that the avi video constantly has misses and isn't syncing to display correctly like it should. h264 does that too which is why I am using mpc-hc now but at least with some tinkering h264 usually will lock on and work. xvid/avi I could never get to sync correctly and the missed counter would just increase and increase.
tanks for the help. i have fix it now. a updatet to 11.0 and it work fin now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sync problem0