• 8(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
It runs Smile Will do some HD audio tests a bit later and let you know.
Great! Try out the Stereo to all channels switch if you have a multi-channel system too (enable Multichannel LPCM receiver and Output Stereo to all Speakers in Settings>System>Audio Output). Works for any 2-channel non-encoded source like mp3, flac, and videos with those formats for audio tracks).

@dixon butts - DTS-wav is producing static because we dither the 16-bit output of "low-res" audio. This improves sound quality for mp3s but interferes with DTS-wav - will be fixed in next build.

There's a lot of goodies going into master right now (since Eden final has rolled) so the next build will also include those. Some goodies are:
- ffmpeg bump to version 10.2 (long-awaited thx Elupus)
- improved cue sheet handling (thx xbmcfanboy and small patch from me)
- improved streaming caching (bobo1on1)
- faster texture/thumb caching (jmarshall)
- other AE goodies (me lol)

Depending on merges/fixes to master this should be in about a week. In the meantime look forward to comments good and bad on this build - happy XBMC'ing all Smile
Did some quick HD audio testing and Dolby TrueHD works fine, but still have the "switching bug" with DTS HD Master Audio. Getting a lot of these errors in the log:

Code:
DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrplayback.signalquality) was not found.  It must be case-sensitive
DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:60747329.196514, should be:60801361.590123, error:54032.393609

Tried audiphile mode as well and 50 and 100 buffer sizes. Didn't help.

Hope it's helpful. If you need more info, let me know.
AWESOME! Everyting I could throw at AE works... but then again I only have DTS 96/24 and Hi-Res FLAC until XBMC can read my SACD and DVD-A ISOs (hint hint). I tried shared, excluse and audiophile mode... all good. Shared mode basically does the same thing DX does, it downsampled my stuff to the frequency that's fixed in Windows 7 audio properties for the audio device. Peter Gabriel Play and the 2011 Jethro Tull - Aqualung in 96/24 DTS are glorious! "Sync to Display" also seems to work nicely, just re-watched some major disasters in "2012" in DTS, too Smile

HAPPY!

As that other guy said, the only thing missing right now is WAVDTS.

Thanks gnif and DDDamian!
(2012-04-06, 20:00)Aemstel Wrote: Did some quick HD audio testing and Dolby TrueHD works fine, but still have the "switching bug" with DTS HD Master Audio. Getting a lot of these errors in the log:

Code:
DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrplayback.signalquality) was not found.  It must be case-sensitive
DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:60747329.196514, should be:60801361.590123, error:54032.393609

Tried audiphile mode as well and 50 and 100 buffer sizes. Didn't help.

Hope it's helpful. If you need more info, let me know.

Only DTS-MA? That would be a vital clue. One other thing - the pvrplayback spam bug seems to have happened as a result of some previously-installed build of the Aeon skin - try removing that skin and look for any signs of those entries in your log. If need be do a fresh install, removing any skin directories from your user folder as well. This bug is not part of AE, but can affect playback. Try eliminate it first.

Just an explanation - audiophile mode affects only music playback - it prevents XBMC from downsampling or reducing channels and staying true to the original source, but also means you cannot cross-fade songs - that would require downsampling to work.

Keep me posted please - seems just some are having trouble with the switch issue.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-04-06, 20:20)HeresJohnny Wrote: AWESOME! Everyting I could throw at AE works... but then again I only have DTS 96/24 and Hi-Res FLAC until XBMC can read my SACD and DVD-A ISOs (hint hint). I tried shared, excluse and audiophile mode... all good. Shared mode basically does the same thing DX does, it downsampled my stuff to the frequency that's fixed in Windows 7 audio properties for the audio device. Peter Gabriel Play and the 2011 Jethro Tull - Aqualung in 96/24 DTS are glorious! "Sync to Display" also seems to work nicely, just re-watched some major disasters in "2012" in DTS, too Smile

HAPPY!

As that other guy said, the only thing missing right now is WAVDTS.

Thanks gnif and DDDamian!

Glad to hear it Johnny - enjoy the bliss Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
It's me Big Grin

Guess what... crashed at changing to optical/digital
https://github.com/downloads/MartijnKaij.../AE5-4.zip

The rest plays fine except those nasty DTS movies like last time. Still the choppy sound
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-06, 20:49)DDDamian Wrote: Only DTS-MA? That would be a vital clue. One other thing - the pvrplayback spam bug seems to have happened as a result of some previously-installed build of the Aeon skin - try removing that skin and look for any signs of those entries in your log. If need be do a fresh install, removing any skin directories from your user folder as well. This bug is not part of AE, but can affect playback. Try eliminate it first.

Just an explanation - audiophile mode affects only music playback - it prevents XBMC from donwsampling or reducing channels and staying true to the original source, but also means you cannot cross-fade songs - that would require downsampling to work.

Keep me posted please - seems just some are having trouble with the switch issue.

No, the errors also appear with Dolby TrueHD, but less often it seems. Needs more testing.
I am indeed using an Aeon skin, Aeon MQ 3.

Tomorrow I will try without the skin and test TrueHD and DTS-MA more and compare the log entries.
@Martijn - how'd I guess Smile I really need to setup that SPDIF rig lol. Will try to soon. The crash was because it "Failed to find previously selected audio sink" from the log - so probably read it from your previous guisettings.xml

@Aemstel - for sure get that skin out and re-check your logs to make sure you don't see any sign of that spam-bug (pvr.anything) as it will affect playback.
(2012-04-05, 22:29)DDDamian Wrote: Okay - new build up. Direct link XBMC-AE-20120406.zip or link from first post and check newest date.

Changelog:
- use old-style WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE structure for backwards compatibility
- use WAVE_FORMAT_DOLBY_AC3_SPDIF format for backwards compatibility
- fix DTS breakage - works on my setup with DTS, DTS-HD (24/96) and DTS-MA
- fix double sink opening for quicker skip/seek and hopefully no receiver switching from encoded->pcm
- fix buffer sizing in CSoftAEStream
- add dynamic Stereo to All Channels upmix for stereo music/videos
- fix crash on deselecting MultiChannelLPCM capable receiver button
- a few other invisible tweaks Smile

Tested on just about all formats on my setup:
Win 7 x64 Premium
ATI HD6450 GPU
Catalyst drivers 12.1 w/AMD High Definition Device Driver 7.12.0.7705 12/06/2011
HDMI to Denon 3808CI

Tested: AC3 2.0/5.1, DTS 5.1, DTS-HD 24/96, DTS-MA, AAC, TrueHD, mp3 video soundtracks
Tested: mp3, FLAC stereo and m/c from 2.0 16/44.1 to 5.1 24/96

I am using WASAPI, exclusive mode, HDMI, 7.1 channels. Just about any video settings have worked fine.

Note: please start with your audio buffer size around 50msec - I set the default a bit high and found it can overrun buffers on high-bitrate audio - I'll fix that in the next build. For now just go to the Audio Output settings page and reduce it to 50msec to start, higher only if required.

As always, full debug logs with any issue - all feedback, good and bad is welcome!

Hi mate

I have been using xbmc 10.1 for a year now and always had sync problems with 24p dts tracks about -200ms but only when using sync display to soruce file. All other videos work perfectly in 24p with audio other than dts. If I switch sync display to soruce to off and plays everything in 60hz I get no problems at all.

I was wondering if this is all fixed in your new hd audio build ?

The funny thing is I have the same setup as you

Windows 64bit pro with 4gig of memory
Cpu: intel i3 3.3ghz sandy bridge chip
GFX Card: Sapphire 6570 1GB Passive with 12.1 drivers

Cheers I want to try it but I am scared that it my screw up my setup
@meridius - only thing I can say is on my rig it syncs perfectly, and it's very similar to yours except I have a more powerful processor but a weaker GPU.The only file you should back up is guisettings.xml, and maybe advancedsettings.xml if you want to try it with a clean setup. You can just rename those.

Install it to XBMC-AE when it asks in the setup, and if it doesn't work for you just restore the two files mentioned above and delete the XBMC-AE folder and you're back to square one Smile
(2012-04-06, 21:15)Martijn Wrote: It's me Big Grin

The rest plays fine except those nasty DTS movies like last time. Still the choppy sound

Hey Martijn - did a little research. It seems the Creative drivers lack support for WASAPI event-driven call-back mode, which is one of the primary differences in how AE outputs audio in Win vs master.

This driver is 2.18.0015 dated June 16 2010 - if it is later than yours give it a whirl - hopefully they've fixed it for the X-FI series as they recently have for the Audigy series.

Driver link: Creative X-FI Win 7 Driver
Hi DDDamian been keeping an eye on your progress and thought i would give this a try im still a newbie to most things audio and xbmc but got to learn somehow lol, anyway installed went in to system noticed it was already set as hdmi but only 5.0 speakers with no why to change so thought i would try to choose optical or something else so i could change to 5.1 but as soon has i did it crashed so reloaded didnt change anything went straight to movies and played a few without any problems, specs are below and many thanks for your dedication to this project where would we be without all you Xbmc developers

Htpc
i5 cpu
6450 gpu
8gb ram

Avr
Yamaha RX-V765
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2012-04-07, 02:54)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-04-06, 21:15)Martijn Wrote: It's me Big Grin

Hey Martijn - did a little research. It seems the Creative drivers lack support for WASAPI event-driven call-back mode, which is one of the primary differences in how AE outputs audio in Win vs master.

This driver is 2.18.0015 dated June 16 2010 - if it is later than yours give it a whirl - hopefully they've fixed it for the X-FI series as they recently have for the Audigy series.

Driver link: Creative X-FI Win 7 Driver

Already tried that one and it says it can't install because it doesn't find any compatible products.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-06, 21:19)DDDamian Wrote: @Aemstel - for sure get that skin out and re-check your logs to make sure you don't see any sign of that spam-bug (pvr.anything) as it will affect playback.

I ran your new build in portable mode so there would be no Aeon skin, and the pvr. errors were indeed gone. It did not help with the "switching-bug" though Sad It still happens with DTS HDMA audio. Again, Dolby TrueHD seems fine.

I posted the errors in the log for a dts hdma and a dolby true hd sample here: http://pastebin.com/XHBwfceG
I don't see much difference, except the discontinuity error seems larger for the dts hdma sample...?

Hope it helps.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3