• 10(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
@liquidskin - awesome!

Not sure why some movies would be out 100ms and some spot-on. If you notice any pattern by using MediaInfo to compare please let me know - seems like an age-old issue for us and we keep digging. Given that all the timing code for audio has been re-worked from scratch I have to assume it's in our video processing or ffmpeg. The ffmpeg version bump to 10.2, long-awaited and finally rolled in now that Eden is done, has hit master and I'm testing it now. If all goes well I plan to merge it in to the next build to bring us right up to date with post-Eden developments.

I think the audio loss on seek is two things - we still re-open the output sink/device once on a skip (not twice like before!) and most AVR's take a second or so to latch onto HD Audio streams, and combined they form the silence you see. I'd like to try get it so we don't re-open the sink at all, simple zero and re-sync the buffer, but that may not be feasible.

Nope, don't need any logs - wouldn't show me anything much on the movies that do have the 100ms issue, and the seek thing (though improved) is pretty much as expected.

Glad to hear it's your default setup - that's the best inidication of all that, at least on your setup, we're getting close!

Thanks for the feedback.

Damian
(2012-04-08, 21:58)DDDamian Wrote: @liquidskin - awesome!

Not sure why some movies would be out 100ms and some spot-on. If you notice any pattern by using MediaInfo to compare please let me know - seems like an age-old issue for us and we keep digging. Given that all the timing code for audio has been re-worked from scratch I have to assume it's in our video processing or ffmpeg. The ffmpeg version bump to 10.2, long-awaited and finally rolled in now that Eden is done, has hit master and I'm testing it now. If all goes well I plan to merge it in to the next build to bring us right up to date with post-Eden developments.

I think the audio loss on seek is two things - we still re-open the output sink/device once on a skip (not twice like before!) and most AVR's take a second or so to latch onto HD Audio streams, and combined they form the silence you see. I'd like to try get it so we don't re-open the sink at all, simple zero and re-sync the buffer, but that may not be feasible.

Nope, don't need any logs - wouldn't show me anything much on the movies that do have the 100ms issue, and the seek thing (though improved) is pretty much as expected.

Glad to hear it's your default setup - that's the best inidication of all that, at least on your setup, we're getting close!

Thanks for the feedback.

Damian

Hey buddy,

Actually, come to think of it, even my Sony BD player in combo with my avr i think has a delay in audio returning. Actually, there's a pause in the video until the audio is ready to go. Also, directshow players with audio filters like ffdshow or lav have the delay as well, so AE isn't alone there.

Thanks for all your hard work. I'll check out the files using mediainfo in a bit and let you know of any differences if any.

Cheers Wink
(2012-04-08, 22:28)liquidskin76 Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 21:58)DDDamian Wrote: @liquidskin - awesome!

Thanks for the feedback.

Damian

Hey buddy,

Actually, come to think of it, even my Sony BD player in combo with my avr i think has a delay in audio returning. Actually, there's a pause in the video until the audio is ready to go. Also, directshow players with audio filters like ffdshow or lav have the delay as well, so AE isn't alone there.

Thanks for all your hard work. I'll check out the files using mediainfo in a bit and let you know of any differences if any.

Cheers Wink

The wonderful world of A/V muxing & demuxing lol. Doesn't sound like you need it, but the Global A/V Delay patch is included in these builds, and of course you can set and save the delay for each movie. Happy Easter Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
@wints - If I recall correctly your issue was the crash on changing to optical, but then everything else was okay?

Just an FYI, if you do a Debug Log be sure that scanning your libraries on start-up and addons like Artwork Downloader are disabled - it makes a log impossible to read!
(2012-04-08, 22:41)DDDamian Wrote: @wints - If I recall correctly your issue was the crash on changing to optical, but then everything else was okay?

Yeah thats correct up to now still testing

(2012-04-08, 22:41)DDDamian Wrote: Just an FYI, if you do a debug log be sure that scanning your libraries on start-up and addons like Artwork Downloader are disabled - it makes a log impossible to read!

lol ok mate still learning do you want the log file again or you ok ? cheers

9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2012-04-08, 22:39)DDDamian Wrote: The wonderful world of A/V muxing & demuxing lol. Doesn't sound like you need it, but the Global A/V Delay patch is included in these builds, and of course you can set and save the delay for each movie. Happy Easter Smile

Sorry... just tested the files using mpc-hc and lavfilters at 24p and the sync is out there as well, so file related! Blush

Strange that the sync on those files is fine when played with 2:3 pulldown at 60hz. The sync is out only when played at 24p. I'll remux the file, etc and see if that corrects.

Cheers again for your hard work... you're doing a great job! Wink
Hi,

I just testet DDDamians recent build and still observe the switching bug. Here's the link to a "clean" log file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7782292/120409_xbmc.log

And here's the audio driver info:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7782292/120409_Driver.JPG

Like Aemstel, I'm using a Pioneer Amp. We both see the switching bug with AE builds.

Anybody out there who got it working (DTS-Master) using a Pioneer amp?

Cheers,

Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
New person here using the Windows AE branch and I would like to report success with one minor issue. My system build is as follows:

AMD A6-3500
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64Bit
SSD Drive
Catalyst 12.3 drivers
HDMI connection to DENON AVR-991 connected to a 5.1 setup.

I watched two Blu-Ray ISO rips this weekend and both where TrueHD audio streams. The streams themselves are 7.1 but the audio came out fine in 5.1 but I could tell there were a few audio hiccups here and there where a quick blip of audio dropped out. I do stream the ISOs over my GiGe network to my HTPC from a NAS that is able to pump out 100MB/s so could that be the problem? Thanks for the hard work and look forward to testing and helping out.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Hey Damian, just grabbed your XBMC-AE-20120406 build and gave it a shoot. Unfortunately XBMC crashes when I try to select SPDIF as output target. I'm running Win7 x64.

Error-Log shows these lines repeating several times
Code:
18:11:20 T:5644   ERROR: exception in CApplication::Render()
18:11:20 T:1016   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_BUFFER_SIZE_ERROR
18:11:20 T:5644   ERROR: Previous line repeats 51 times.
18:11:20 T:5644   ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)
18:11:20 T:1016   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_BUFFER_SIZE_ERROR

on a second try it only showed this error
Code:
18:12:13 T:3808 WARNING: Failed to find previously selected audio sink
18:12:27 T:3808 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
18:12:27 T:3808  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: WASAPI Sink Initialized Successfully!!!
18:12:27 T:3808   ERROR: CAEEncoderFFmpeg::Initialize - AC3 encoder ready
18:12:27 T:1008   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_BUFFER_SIZE_ERROR

If you need some more info, just ping me on IRC for some "live" debugging/testing Smile

Sorry, just noticed that debug logging was disabled. Just enabled it - here is the full xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/unagC6Ga
@pyrodex - thx for the info - two things - can you copy one of those files locally and try again? If you see an issue please post your Debug Log here.

@ix400 & Aemstel - it is starting to look like most Denon's work fine and not Pioneer's - hopefully we hear from others on this too. Based on feedback from the two of you I'm starting to suspect that we are not framing the DTS-MA data correctly, and some receivers take it in stride, other's lose their lock on the stream and drop back to PCM. Last night I found an issue with the framing, and a frame overrun error. This is now looking much more like the cause of the problem, not the event-driven mode I'd suspected at first. New build coming Smile

@liquidskin - that's actually very valuable info - when pull-up correction is applied XBMC re-calcs the frame duration (seemingly correctly lol). I'll pass that tidbit to our video gurus as they set the clock there!
@da-anda - third report of us borking the spdif mode - luckily that one is clear as a bell from the log. See you on IRC Smile
(2012-04-09, 18:19)DDDamian Wrote: @pyrodex - thx for the info - two things - can you copy one of those files locally and try again? If you see an issue please post your debug log here.

@ix400 & Aemstel - it is starting to look like most Denon's work fine and not Pioneer's - hopefully we hear from others on this too. Based on feedback from the two of you I'm starting to suspect that we are not framing the DTS-MA data correctly, and some receivers take it in stride, other's lose their lock on the stream and drop back to PCM. Last night I found an issue with the framing, and a frame overrun error. This is now looking much more like the cause of the problem, not the event-driven mode I'd suspected at first. New build coming Smile

That is great to hear. Can't wait to test it out! Smile Good luck.
well i'm using the [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats for some time,
everything works great with it.

but i wantd to test the new AE buid.

playing 2.0/5.1 no issues,
but when playing something with DTS or higher i get audio glitches.
DEBUG LOG

the same test samples play fine with the other patch
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
thx for the log TRaSH - but can you redo without Artwork Downloader running? Can't read a thing. Also you've got the pvr.spam bug with your Aeon skin.
Default Skin no plugins debug log
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3