• 30(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
@loekf - there's the issue. WASAPI is just the render method - it is effectively passing thru right to the audio driver.

When XBMC is set to decode DTS (DTS 5.1 --> PCM 5.1) that's fine, but that's where it ends. SPDIF cannot send 5.1. If your Creative has 5.1 DACs and you are then using 3 prs of analog cables from the sound card to the receiver, that's fine, but not SPDIF.

To make matters worse, your card is reporting that it's only 2ch PCM, so even the second step there won't work, the PCM 5.1 --> Creative.

Check your Creative setup software and make sure it can accept 5.1pcm because it's not reporting that to Windows. Won't be the first issue I've seen with Creative's drivers.

I'm off now to go see family for the weekend, back on Monday if I don't check in somewhere in between, but keep me posted on what you find out with the Creative setup.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-12, 17:44)DDDamian Wrote: The second is that one of the files has AAC audio - AAC is not decoded (yet) by AE - the only way it will work is if your receiver supports AAC natively.
Ok.

@DDDamian:
what is this intialization tries all about, is it intended?

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=XFkLFRvd
I've disabled in the BIOS the HD Via audio. Don't understand why there is trouble now and not before...
Nevertheless, doing this miracly made audio work, on all i've been able to test, flac, ac3, ogg, with several channels (2.0, 5.1, 4.0) and even 32bit. Everything worked, except one video, wich audio was flac 2.0 (but others with flac 2.0 worked).
The log file is here.
There was no audio, and no audio (zero channels) were send to my audio device (according it's front panel).
Here the result from MonInfo :
Code:
Monitor
  Model name............... VSX-921
  Windows description...... Moniteur Plug-and-Play générique VSX-921
  Manufacturer............. Pioneer
  Plug and Play ID......... PIO0000
  Serial number............ n/a
  Manufacture date......... 2010, ISO week 0
  Filter driver............ Monitor
  -------------------------
  EDID revision............ 1.3
  Input signal type........ Digital
  Color bit depth.......... Undefined
  Display type............. RGB color
  Screen size.............. 1100 x 620 mm (49,7 in)
  Power management......... Active off/sleep
  Extension blocs.......... 1 (Unknown - 0x00)
  -------------------------
  DDC/CI................... n/a

Color characteristics
  Default color space...... Non-sRGB
  Display gamma............ 2,20
  Red chromaticity......... Rx 0,683 - Ry 0,317
  Green chromaticity....... Gx 0,313 - Gy 0,581
  Blue chromaticity........ Bx 0,139 - By 0,050
  White point (default).... Wx 0,289 - Wy 0,280
  Additional descriptors... None

Timing characteristics
  Horizontal scan range.... 15-69kHz
  Vertical scan range...... 23-61Hz
  Video bandwidth.......... 150MHz
  CVT standard............. Not supported
  GTF standard............. Not supported
  Additional descriptors... None
  Preferred timing......... Yes
  Native/preferred timing.. 1920x1080p at 50Hz (16:9)
    Modeline............... "1920x1080" 148,500 1920 2448 2492 2640 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
  Detailed timing #1....... 1920x1080p at 60Hz (16:9)
    Modeline............... "1920x1080" 148,500 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync

Standard timings supported
     640 x  480p at  60Hz - IBM VGA
     800 x  600p at  60Hz - VESA
    1024 x  768p at  60Hz - VESA
    1280 x 1024p at  60Hz - VESA STD

Report information
  Date generated........... 13/05/2012
  Software revision........ 2.60.0.972
  Data source.............. Registry-Active
  Operating system......... 6.1.7601.2.Service Pack 1

Raw data
  00,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,FF,00,41,2F,00,00,01,01,01,01,00,14,01,03,80,6E,3E,78,2A,D7,B3,AE,51,50,94,23,
  0C,4A,47,21,08,00,81,80,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,01,02,3A,80,D0,72,38,2D,40,10,2C,
  45,80,4E,6C,42,00,00,1E,02,3A,80,18,71,38,2D,40,58,2C,45,00,4E,6C,42,00,00,1E,00,00,00,FD,00,17,
  3D,0F,45,0F,00,0A,20,20,20,20,20,20,00,00,00,FC,00,56,53,58,2D,39,32,31,0A,20,20,20,20,20,01,CD
(2012-05-12, 21:32)DDDamian Wrote: @loekf - there's the issue. WASAPI is just the render method - it is effectively passing thru right to the audio driver.

When XBMC is set to decode DTS (DTS 5.1 --> PCM 5.1) that's fine, but that's where it ends. SPDIF cannot send 5.1. If your Creative has 5.1 DACs and you are then using 3 prs of analog cables from the sound card to the receiver, that's fine, but not SPDIF.

To make matters worse, your card is reporting that it's only 2ch PCM, so even the second step there won't work, the PCM 5.1 --> Creative.

Check your Creative setup software and make sure it can accept 5.1pcm because it's not reporting that to Windows. Won't be the first issue I've seen with Creative's drivers.

I'm off now to go see family for the weekend, back on Monday if I don't check in somewhere in between, but keep me posted on what you find out with the Creative setup.

Yes I have 3 analog wires going to my speakers (FL + FR, RL + RL, C + woofer). As Creative didn't update their X-Fi drivers for more than 2 years, guess it's the Creative drivers. Of course, they have a new X-Fi card, but my next built will be either on-board audio or perhaps an Asus Xonar card.

I tried various modes (gaming, entertainment etc.. even bit-thru playback), but the WASAPI report back stays the same (2 channels). Funny thing still is that in DirectSound mode, 5.1 works, despite that XBMC reports 2 channels as well. Even when you switch off the so called 3D Crystalizer, which is upmixing to 5.1 as far as I know.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
Wink 
(2012-05-12, 16:16)DDDamian Wrote: @TRaSH - i've seen that SQL error popping up a lot lately - perhaps time to try the full (non-portable) install, and go through your addons to see if any are causing the issue. The crash was an unrelated bug caused by a seperate threading project that I was able to track down - was fixed last night. JMarshall pushed some fixes last night addressing filepaths and the new SQL thumbnail caching which may have fixed the error you're getting - it's a new initiative by him to move the thumbs into the database, and he's been doing some bug-fixes on it.

i downloaded today the nighlty,
and gave it a fast test run.
it works even in portable mode.
did a few fast test with true-hd/dts and some mp3's
the last 5 seconds bug is also removed.
even my wife was impressed. (WAF Big Grin )
Cool
nice work you all,
will do some more testing later this week.

something i'm trying to figure out if there's a sort of change log of the nightly's
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
@TRaSH

The complete changelog can be found here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/master

the number that you find in the nightly: XBMCSetup-20120513-240b7a9-master.exe

corresponds with a commit number so you can see what happens between builds
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
not even audio related but annoying: fast scrolling through movie database crash repeatable my xbmc
21:50:23 T:2152 ERROR: exception in CApplication::Render()
21:50:23 T:2152 ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)
21:50:23 T:2152 ERROR: exception in CApplication::Render()
without advancedsettings.xml
@Nimo
If not audio related please post this in the general section or create trac ticket.
Please provide a full Debug Log there
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi all,

I have beent trying to get AE(and Daniela's Patch and more recently using Nightlies) to work on my setup, but no matter what I do, DTS-HD does not seem to work properly.

Since I am not sure what kind of information you will need(I know you'll need a debug log) I will explain my situation.

Denon 1912 AVR
Win7 x64 installation on a pc with Intel 2100T CPU and an AMD 6450 graphics card.

First thing I should note, is that from what I understand, for bitstreaming to work properly, XBMC should be setup using WASAPI, and exclusive mode should be enabled for the output device in Windows.
I have used Daniela's patch for some time, and this has thus far given me the best results, where all the audio formats work properly when XBMC is set to using WASAPI(Including DTS-HD) albeit slightly(A very small, but still noticeable delay) out of sync. Because of this, and the developers intent to go forward with AE, I tried to get it work, but not a single version up to now has fixed my issues yet. I should also note, that I always did a completely new installation of XBMC (Removing the profile folder and any addons every time)

I have the following problems using AE:

- Using WASAPI results in no sound output whatsoever.
- Directsound works(My receiver tells me it's getting the pure audio format, DTS, Dolby, DTS-HD) but from my knowledge, I should have it working over WASAPI.
- When playing a DTS-HD track, my reciever does show it, but the sound is really crackling, or not working at all while the video is running along around 3-5 FPS, making any movie with DTS-HD unwatchable in the current situation.

How can I help you guys gather as much information as you need to be able to troubleshoot this issue? Do you prefer some pre-made samples I can download somewhere, or can I just use any movie I have in my colleciton for the debug log? Is there other information you want me to supply apart from the debug log?

I would love to hear from you guys what info you'd like me to gather and I'll get on to it.
try the latest build here
and check all your system and graphic drivers
set in windows your soundmanager to your setup (7.1)
i hope that helps.
Hi DDDamian,

I'm succesfully trying latest nightly AE, expecially bitstreaming wise (TrueHD and DTS-HD are passing through nicely). Compared to DanielaE latest build I get severe stuttering after seeking, only on bluray folder and not on mkv: I'll submit a complete log ASAP.

I remember some advancedsettings.xml entry you mentioned in your early post: sinkbuffertime, audiophile, etc.. Are these settings still valid or they get lost during xbmc startup?

Thanks a lot for the big effort!
Windows 7 32bit Home Professional - ASUS E35M1-M PRO - OCZ SSD 50GB drive - Mini ITX case - HDMI -> Onkyo TX SR608 > HDMI - LG PX950N 60" plasma TV | Eden pre11.0 beta 3 DDDamian build
Hello all,

today I compiled xbmc master and got no audio, completelly nothing, not even skin sounds.
First problem what I found was that audio setting was reset to HDMI 7.1, so changed it back to Analog 2.0 (my PC is regular development PC with onboard audio and headphones, so no receiver etc.), but nothing changed, no sound. There is debug log, but no apparent audio/hw related error. I tried to use forceDirectSound but again nothing changed. Not sure if these logs helps to AE developers, but at least I hope Smile

Edit: It's my first meeting with AE so i don't follow this thread. If my issue is known/already solved then please forward me to correct place.
Edit2: Looks like there already exists issue in Trac for it.
Hello everyone

I recently stumbled on an issue that I didn't have before. My setup uses EventGhost to auto start xbmc when resuming from sleep and my audio is connected through HDMI (AMD HDMI). I'm using Catalyst 12.3.
The issue is that when resuming from sleep it takes up to 10 seconds for the Audio device to go from enabled + "not plugged in" to enabled and "active". I noticed in the XBMC source code that enumeration uses DEVICE_STATE_ACTIVE only as a valid status for the device. As a result of that if XBMC is starting up during that timeframe, it doesn't detect the HDMI Audio device, resulting in no sound whatsoever.

This not being very practical, you can do two things. a) build in a wait for 10 seconds in EventGhost (but how long? maybe there's variance in how quickly the HDMI Audio gets reconnected after wake up?) or b) wait for the device to become active before starting XBMC.

So I wrote a little C++ program that follows the same logic of device enumeration and properties listing (actually textbook example from MS documentation), but as the valid status I took DEVICE_STATE_ACTIVE | DEVICE_STATE_UNPLUGGED, which also gives me the unplugged devices. The program is a command-line console app that takes a few arguments, 1. the GUID of the device you want to wait for, 2. the number of milliseconds between probing the device's status, and 3. the max number of probes. When the app runs, it will probe the device until it becomes "active" and will then immediately exit. I've tried it with my EventGhost setup - so it runs right after wake up and will fire up XBMC as soon as it ends. If anyone interested, let me know I'll post the app on the forum.

This leaves me to think that other people might have the same issue and that allowing "unplugged" devices is something that could potentially be brought into the XBMC code base (as a third option to solve this). This way we wouldn't need this kind of utility anymore. Apparently there's also an event that's being fired as soon as the device becomes "active", so waiting/probing might not even be needed...

Regards - Voyager
Hi folks - just back from a brief holiday with family - will respond to your posts shortly Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3