No SMB share after update
Yeah. It's really possible that the SMB-Configuration with GUI has some issues. If I could identy that problem, I'll inform you (and buy an new NAS Laugh)

Cheers,
derdude
Hello, i have a strange probleme, i'm still on Beta2 all worked yesterday, all worked this morning, kids watched one movie and after, no way to have acces to the smb share anymore, i use a pc (win2000) for my shares, i see it when i browse SMB but it keep asking for the login/pass... i use another mediacenter that work with same informations...i really don't understand.. i must say, that for moment i have no internet connexion on the atv.. but as i said it worked yesterday and this morning...someone have an idea ??
best regards
chris
Xbox - Xbmc4Xbox
Atv2 - XBMC V12
G-Box Midnight - XBMC V12
Raspbery Pi 512 - RaspBmc - Xbmc V12
Raspbery Pi 512 - Xbian - Xbmc V12
I love XBMC Since XBMP !! so it's a long long story....
reboot the server and keep all unnecessary other windoes boxes in your lan off and retry...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
already done, it's not working.. still see mu server when i browse SMB but when i want to access it, keep asking me the login/pass .. i even tried to create a new account on my server, and tried with it on XBMC, same issue...
i have a temp lan with CPL switch only the ATV, the server and one multimedia hd on the lan.. no smb probleme on the multimedia hd..
thx for help
Xbox - Xbmc4Xbox
Atv2 - XBMC V12
G-Box Midnight - XBMC V12
Raspbery Pi 512 - RaspBmc - Xbmc V12
Raspbery Pi 512 - Xbian - Xbmc V12
I love XBMC Since XBMP !! so it's a long long story....
I have the same issue, here and I can give some more details..

It does NOT work anymore via SMB against my NAS - but it does work against a Win7 workstation.

So I assume there are some changes in the SMB protocol handling of Eden..
also having smb problems since upgrading to rc2. been using it for months without any issue before that. is there any way to use the debug logging without having those three lines in the top left? kind of annoying when i am trying to watch things.
As I promised, I tried to update to Eden again and make a debug log. But what a surprise:
After the update (via NitoTv) everything works fine.
I have no explanation why...maybe it has something to do with the config files etc. ...I dont't
know and don't care about any more as long as it works Big Grin

My suggestion for those users, on which SMB does not work: First try the NFS connection before
you try to figure out why SMB does not work.

Cheers,
derdude
Now we are talking Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No SMB share after update0