• 19(current)
NBA International League Pass - Add-on
I think that happens a lot unfortunately (it happens to me in xbmc - openelec). I also have an appleTV and the NBA app still has issues as well -buffering and the quality will jump up and down every few minutes (perhaps this is when xbmc crashes as the app will reduce quality if connection bad but I don't think the xbmc plugin does) and it crashes or just stops at times too (cable or WiFi connection). On my PC via the NBA.com website, it plays perfectly at the highest quality without issue. I'm not smart enough to figure out if the video format on the website is the same as the one on the apple TV or xbmc plugin ( I believe xbmc uses the iPad format; the website runs a flash player but I don't know what format the video is or if that could be used in the plugin instead) but given what I have found, there must be some difference (not sure if it helps anybody to fix).
That's exactly what is happening to me. It seems that the link for some reason stops beiing valid after some time. Don't know if it is because changing cookies or something that the plugin cannot handle after a while.

The game is working perfectly in the browser and in the apps.

Thanks,

Marcelo.[/align]
Hi,

Just want to thank Petros and anyone else invoived for making this plugin. This is my first post, I only signed up to say "thanks".

I will mention a few thinks that might help others- I'm VERY new to XBMC and I only installed it as a last ditch effort to get NBA league pass to work on my android TV box (Minix Neo x5 mini clone). I simply cannot get the NBA game time app to work correctly, it forces the lowest bitrate no matter what i try (I think maybe because I'm hardwired via ethernet and the app is designed for wifi ie. tablets and smartphones, maybe it can't determine my wifi speed so it defaults to the lowest bitrate??).

Anyway I stumbled onto XBMC and this plugin and it runs perfectly for me on Gotham beta 2 using the latest (for now) v0.6.7 plugin. Using this method I am able to stream @ 720p/3000kbps smoothly. I have had the same problems some others have had regarding getting kicked back to the main screen but I've found that only happens if I try to watch the game soon after it's finished (I don't watch live, I can't stand the amount of ad breaks).

What I've noticed is that if I start the stream too early after the game finishes I can't jump ahead by moving the progress bar - this means I will probably have problems/get kicked back to the main screen. If I wait another hour or two this time I can jump ahead using the progress bar then I know the feed will play from start to finish no problem. I don't know why this is but I suspect it's something to do with the transition from the live feed they broadcast to the edited stream they upload later without ads etc.

Sorry for my long post, again just want to say thanks from a huge basketball fan. Please keep up the good work!

Regards,
Jon
(2014-04-04, 03:55)NBAJ2K Wrote: I went to try the unofficial version of this tonight, but i get a 'Failed to get video URL' link and then it says 'Are you logged in'?

I double checked my login, but no luck unfortunately. Is there an httplib2 I have to load as well? I currently have Gotham Beta 3, but the httplib2 file says 'dependencies not met' when I try to install it.

Any help would be great! Great work on putting this together

~J

Still unable to get this to work. I checked the addons folder and it looks like httplib2 is installed. Still unfortunately getting the errors above. For someone that has this working, could you let me know if I'm missing something? I have a legit NBA League Pass login I'm using, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've tried live links, archived links, and they all don't seem to work for me, but since others are having success, hopefully it's something I'm just missing.

Thanks in advance,

~J
You don't need to install httplib2 anymore with the newer versions of the plugin.

Just check that you have an INTERNATIONAL subscription to League Pass as it doesn't work on the USA one I don't believe.

If you have an international version, try uninstalling the plugin and then deleting the plugin folder (windows = C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nba ; Linux = \Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.nba) and then reinstalling the plugin again (I have had issues sometimes when upgrading a plugin and that seems to work).

If that doesn't work - triple check your login info!
(2014-04-26, 15:14)woronczak Wrote: You don't need to install httplib2 anymore with the newer versions of the plugin.

Just check that you have an INTERNATIONAL subscription to League Pass as it doesn't work on the USA one I don't believe.

If you have an international version, try uninstalling the plugin and then deleting the plugin folder (windows = C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.nba ; Linux = \Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.nba) and then reinstalling the plugin again (I have had issues sometimes when upgrading a plugin and that seems to work).

If that doesn't work - triple check your login info!

Ah.... I had thought it worked on the regular USA NBA league pass as well, but it sounds like I was wrong. (damn)

Is there an advantage to purchasing the international version over the regular one (besides the xbmc support it looks like)? I would assume the same localyblackout rules would apply (which I still find to be ridiculous)

-J
With the International League Pass (at least accessing from Australia anyway) there are no blackouts - you can watch any game you like. In Australia, there is such poor coverage via cable TV operators for NBA anyways. I don't know if there are blackouts in other countries....
Hi,

I installed the this addon because i wanted to test the game time app.
it plays much better quality then on the pc via a browser...but on the ipad there are no issues....

With this app sometimes it just stops playing without a reason..
Has anyone has a solution for this?

Also is it possible to add wnba games to this addon when they where aired on nba tv?

Greetz,
Wigee
From Belgium.
Loving the fact I can access this through XBMC, so thanks for that.

Is it easy to add an option to get to the USA Basketball games?

Also could we get listings of games via teams? You can filter to a single team on the webpage so I'm hoping it is possible to do similar with a full list.

My last question is one of hope as I'm sure if it was possible it would already be done, but is there anyway to get similar controls to web page, in particular "start over", I often find I'm watching games that have already begun or ended prior to archive release and want to watch from the start.
(2013-05-07, 17:04)dtdish Wrote: Anyone here know how to get International NBA League pass working on XBMC for US residents?

I have a valid international account, live in US and am able to view games through international league pass online (used vpn service), but would love to have this through xbmc.

I downloaded bluecop repo, have the add-on, logged in with my international account but when I launch any of the games, nothing happens, I get an empty folder.

With the season a few weeks away, I wanted to see how I can get a valid international account working through XBMC. I live in the US and would be great to not have to go through the vpn service and broswer to view the games. Is it possible to get this to work on the latest XBMC version (US resident with international league account without going through vpn or proxy)?

Thanks!
Hi,

I've been trying out version 0.6.7 and have the following issues:

* Although timezone issues should have been fixed on previous versions I still have issue from my country when trying to watch Live Games which appear about an hour or more after they already being (I'm on GMT -3)

*Video stops playing after a few minutes and screen goes back to plugin last directory, If I select same game again it continues to play again for a couple of minutes. Here is a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/X5d1UMWw

Thanks!
i am also has freezing on last app version.May be the author fix it..
(2014-10-07, 19:52)dtdish Wrote:
(2013-05-07, 17:04)dtdish Wrote: Anyone here know how to get International NBA League pass working on XBMC for US residents?

I have a valid international account, live in US and am able to view games through international league pass online (used vpn service), but would love to have this through xbmc.

I downloaded bluecop repo, have the add-on, logged in with my international account but when I launch any of the games, nothing happens, I get an empty folder.

With the season a few weeks away, I wanted to see how I can get a valid international account working through XBMC. I live in the US and would be great to not have to go through the vpn service and broswer to view the games. Is it possible to get this to work on the latest XBMC version (US resident with international league account without going through vpn or proxy)?

Thanks!

use a smart dns like unotelly
Any news about update actual version plugin?
Attention Developers:

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html NBA League Pass USA will be free from 10-28-14 to 11-4-14. This can be a great way to test if a possible port of the existing international code can be made to help with the development of a USA version of the plugin. So two days have been missed so far.

NBA Free Trial Offer

This can also be good for just anyone who wants to watch some games for free.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBA International League Pass - Add-on6