[ATV1] Oops, uninstalled to fix a problem, can't reinstall launcher
Question 
Guys,

Hoping someone can give me some tips on how to resolve my issue with XBMC and my ATV1.

Had an issue a while back where my disk filled up, and seems to have corrupted my DB causing all sorts of weird problems. Finally figured I'm best just deleting XBMC completely and reinstalling from scratch as follows:

delete launcher and XBMC / Boxee

Quote:sudo rm -rf /Applications/{Boxee,XBMC}.app/
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/XBMCLauncher.frappliance/
remove settings of Boxee and XBMC:

rm -rf /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/{BOXEE,XBMC}/
reboot and that's it

sudo reboot

OK, reboot launcher gone. Using the ATV USB creator I've created a new patchstick, and follow the instructions as per this:

http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/

Issue is it always boots straight into apple TV, and the launcher never shows on my menu bar.

Maybe something I'm doing wrong with my patchstick? I'm creating using windows xp, create a patchstick file called patchstick, restore it onto the USB see it in USB (250MB img file), but when I boot nada.

When I did this originally I used a MAC (Now broke), is the only difference. Using same USB stick, so it's not a compatability issue.

Any suggestions please>
Try booting while pressing the minus (down) button on the remote. That should force it to look for a USB drive upon boot.
Ned Scott Wrote:Try booting while pressing the minus (down) button on the remote. That should force it to look for a USB drive upon boot.

Thx Ned, gave that a go but made no difference, does seem to sit on the apple logo as it boots for longer but still boots into ATV OS.

I can't help thinking it's because I'm using the windows ATVUSB creator instead of Mac, which I used before.

I go through the windows one which is different from the instructions on the site I linked to before, and create a patchstick, call it patchstick then it launches usbit.exe to restore the image to the USB stick.

On the stick all I see is a 250MB patchstick.img file, which seems different to what the outcome is via the mac one.

Anything I can upload or screenshot to help make sense of what I'm talking about?

Cheers appreciate all the help.
snaw Wrote:Thx Ned, gave that a go but made no difference, does seem to sit on the apple logo as it boots for longer but still boots into ATV OS.

I can't help thinking it's because I'm using the windows ATVUSB creator instead of Mac, which I used before.

I go through the windows one which is different from the instructions on the site I linked to before, and create a patchstick, call it patchstick then it launches usbit.exe to restore the image to the USB stick.

On the stick all I see is a 250MB patchstick.img file, which seems different to what the outcome is via the mac one.

Anything I can upload or screenshot to help make sense of what I'm talking about?

Cheers appreciate all the help.

I'm wondering if it's mu USB drive on the ATV - anyway to check (i.e. browse to it via console)?
Anyone got any ideas - tried 6 different USB sticks now, no joy.
It's been a while since I played with an atv1, Having a quick look at the win solution, the only firmware option is 3.0.1, and I'm guessing your atv will have 3.0.2... Is it possible the USB drive starts to boot gets a firmware mismatch and stops?

Is there an activity light on any of the thumb sticks you are using?

If you have any kind apple owning friends, that would be my advice
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Burbulence Wrote:It's been a while since I played with an atv1, Having a quick look at the win solution, the only firmware option is 3.0.1, and I'm guessing your atv will have 3.0.2... Is it possible the USB drive starts to boot gets a firmware mismatch and stops?

Is there an activity light on any of the thumb sticks you are using?

If you have any kind apple owning friends, that would be my advice

OK that makes sense, it is on 3.0.2. The ones with lights do show activity.

I'll try and seek out a mac owning friend, that sounds like the most plausibly solution to me. Thx burbulence
FYI got a mac thumb stick and works a treat!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV1] Oops, uninstalled to fix a problem, can't reinstall launcher0