jdbrookes Wrote:Just been trying this out, it works great!
It may not be possible, but how far can you go in terms of integration with the XBMC library? I am imagining the following scenario :
1. You have 4 episodes of a show downloaded.
2. When you finish watching the 4th (and last) episode downloaded in your library, sickbeardxbmc pops up a dialog asking if you would like to download additional episodes (if additional episodes are available, of course)
3. This dialog box allows you to download just the next episode, or you can use selection boxes to select any number of future episodes for that season, or you could just "download next 5 episodes" or "download entire season".
4. Similarly, when you watch the final episode of a season, sickbeardxbmc prompts you if you would like to download the next season (if available).
5. And again, if you reach the final episode of a running season (ie the next episode will be shown next week or whatever), sickbeardxbmc can ask if you wish to unpause the show (if it is indeed paused).
I'm not sure if this would even be possible, but since I know trakt utilities has the capability to pop up a dialogue to rate an episode when you're done watching the episode, perhaps sickbeardxbmc can do something along these lines?
Great work so far!
I really like the concept of these scenarios. I'll take a look at the trakt code and see how that is accomplished. I had a similar idea while developing this but my idea was that everything would be self contained in the plugin. Basically when you are in the manage shows section of the plugin you can play any episode marked as downloaded. It would just link the downloaded shows to the library, so you can use the plugin as if it were the tv show section of XBMC but would also allow you to download the new episodes.
I can see issues with both of these solutions, but I'm sure the core functionality we are both talking about is possible, and is something I want to do. As this plugin starts to stabilize and I work on new features I will definitely add this to the list!