• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Sickbeard XBMC - Control Sickbeard from XBMC
(2015-08-18, 17:20)Carey Wrote: Thanks for the debug info. I've actually deleted one post and I'm editing this one, where I had lots of chatter and questions. But I'm cleaning that all up, and making this much clearer.

I don't think you said, but you are using Sickbeard, and not SickRage as the server backend, correct? I found the issue. It has to do with a lack of testing I did for Sickbeard, since I focus on SickRage. The problem should be resolved if you update to SickRage Addon v.1.3.5.

The error comes from the lack of there being no "anime" fields in what it is trying to retrieve from the database when using Sickbeard, instead of SickRage. But that is resolved now.

I hope 1.3.5 works better for you. Please give that a try and let me know.

closer and closer... http://i.imgur.com/VuxOwkQ.png

I am using sickbeard, and after updated to 1.3.5 I no longer get that error, but now after confirming the show it asks me to 'pick the parent folder', and there are no options to choose from. I've tried all sorts of combinations of left/right/up/down/enter but none work. Hitting back or escape gets me out of it, but nothing is added to sickbeard. Skin issue, or plugin issue?
The server root directory query and results for both SickRage and Sickbeard are identical. I've tested it on Sickbeard using the Arctic Z skin you are using, and it works correctly for me.

When you manually add a show using the the Sickbeard Web UI, in "Step 2" when it wants you to confirm the "Pick the parent folder", does a directory/folder show in the list box below it?

Open the "config.ini" file in the root Sickbeard directory in a text editor, and tell me what shows for the value of the line that starts with "root_dirs =".

If you are able to see the directory path in both those places, then it's very strange that the server query can't get that same value returned. Are you using a fork of Sickbeard other than from the official site, or from midgetspy? If so, then maybe they have changed the API.
oh well that's embarrassing... I've actually only ever used SB to keep up with shows I already had started; I had never actually added a new show through the web interface from scratch before. I did it this time and added a parent folder, then tried through kodi again on a different show and was able to get through the steps of selecting the parent folder and the quality/skipping preferences. I don't think there was anything else to select, but got an error after choosing my preferences: http://i.imgur.com/jv6AYgD.png

and debug log, this time I tried to go through it myself and trim down to just the time between sickrage being called and then failing:
http://pastebin.com/shADphQH
(2015-08-19, 17:01)lazyboy0172 Wrote: oh well that's embarrassing... I've actually only ever used SB to keep up with shows I already had started; I had never actually added a new show through the web interface from scratch before. I did it this time and added a parent folder, then tried through kodi again on a different show and was able to get through the steps of selecting the parent folder and the quality/skipping preferences. I don't think there was anything else to select, but got an error after choosing my preferences: http://i.imgur.com/jv6AYgD.png

and debug log, this time I tried to go through it myself and trim down to just the time between sickrage being called and then failing:
http://pastebin.com/shADphQH

The log is showing a timeout waiting for the sickbeard server to reply with the add show request. The function that sends the add show request is the same for all server requests, including data to display shows. Did you try adding a show more than once, or just this one time?

Have you seen any errors when displaying the show list in the addon? Sometimes it displays show lists okay, sometimes errors. This would indicate a busy sickbeard server.

I have seen it where the sickbeard server can be so busy doing it's own Internet queries checking for new shows and downloading, that it times out queries from the it's Web API. Meaning it takes too long to respond when talking to add-ons.

So my question would be, have you tried to add a show more than once, now that you resolved the root directory path issue? Did any of the attempts have success? If they did, then I can look at changing the timeout delay and the number of attempts it tries when sickbeard is busy. If none have succeeded, then there is some other issue.

Please let me know.
For the tests above I tried twice with the same show: once when trying it, and once again after turning on debug logging to grab the log. I just tried another three times after seeing your post (on 3 different television shows) and all came up with the same error. I'm getting the error pretty much immediately after confirming the quality settings in the step prior, so I'm not sure if the timeout period is very short or if it's being effectively skipped in these instances, because it doesn't seem to be hanging there for a few moments before failing like I'd expect from a timeout.

finally, sickbeard does not have anything of interest in its log. No errors, and nothing in the log at all from the past 45 minutes or so since its last check for shows.
(2015-08-19, 18:07)lazyboy0172 Wrote: For the tests above I tried twice with the same show: once when trying it, and once again after turning on debug logging to grab the log. I just tried another three times after seeing your post (on 3 different television shows) and all came up with the same error. I'm getting the error pretty much immediately after confirming the quality settings in the step prior, so I'm not sure if the timeout period is very short or if it's being effectively skipped in these instances, because it doesn't seem to be hanging there for a few moments before failing like I'd expect from a timeout.

finally, sickbeard does not have anything of interest in its log. No errors, and nothing in the log at all from the past 45 minutes or so since its last check for shows.

Is sickbeard on the same computer that you are running Kodi? If they are different computers, are they connected by LAN cable or WiFi?

I created a new version 1.3.6 that has more debug info for me in the log. Update to 1.3.6 and try to add your shows again. Make sure show lists still work in the addon. Please send me the log section again of the add shows when you have the errors.

Thanks.
aha. We (well, you) may be on to something. Here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/dCkcZF3r

i especially found this interesting:
13:21:04 T:3408 NOTICE: Add Show Set Future Status:
it never asked what I wanted for that (it asked past shows, as does the sickbeard web interface when adding shows), though I'd imagine 'wanted' would be default if I'm adding a new show.

also 13:21:08 T:3408 NOTICE: Add Show Request:...status=skipped&future_status=&flatten_folders=False&initial=sdtv|sddvd...

in that it shows says status=skipped&future_status= with nothing before the next &...seems to agree with the error I was getting of 'expected string or buffer'. Sound right, or am I way off?

Oh, and to answer other questions: sickbeard is on same local computer as kodi, and show lists still work in the addon. I was able to look at ongoing shows and shows coming up in the next week just fine when launching the plugin itself.
(2015-08-19, 19:31)lazyboy0172 Wrote: aha. We (well, you) may be on to something. Here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/dCkcZF3r

i especially found this interesting:
13:21:04 T:3408 NOTICE: Add Show Set Future Status:
it never asked what I wanted for that (it asked past shows, as does the sickbeard web interface when adding shows), though I'd imagine 'wanted' would be default if I'm adding a new show.

also 13:21:08 T:3408 NOTICE: Add Show Request:...status=skipped&future_status=&flatten_folders=False&initial=sdtv|sddvd...

in that it shows says status=skipped&future_status= with nothing before the next &...seems to agree with the error I was getting of 'expected string or buffer'. Sound right, or am I way off?

Oh, and to answer other questions: sickbeard is on same local computer as kodi, and show lists still work in the addon. I was able to look at ongoing shows and shows coming up in the next week just fine when launching the plugin itself.

Sorry but you are way off. Smile What you're seeing in the "future_status" is an option only available on SickRage, not on Sickbeard. I did the Pull Request to add that myself to the SickRage project. The SickRage devs made some changes to how handling the status of past and upcoming shows. Having it empty, and the equals being next to the next ampersand just means that there is no value, and sickbeard simply ignores it cause it isn't looking for it as an option anyway. I was aware of that.

What what we do see in the log this time is an error message from the sickbeard server itself. It's complaining about a "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error" just a few lines below where you were looking in the log. That indicates something going wrong in sickbeard when it tries to add a show. So you can try two things to try to figure out what that might be.

First add a show using the Web UI and then look at the log. See if you can find where it's adding the show, and any error messages.

Second, you can take the URL that the SickRage addon has compiled, and put that in the address bar of your browser, and see what the exact errors message(s) are that Sickbeard sends back. So this text here:

http://192.168.1.4:8081/api/c93cbadf8316...tion=E:\TV Shows&status=skipped&future_status=&flatten_folders=False&initial=sdtv|sddvd

Copy and paste that line above into the browser address bar and see what the results are. If it works it will show json text that includes a "success" message. If it's Sickbeard that has a config issue you will see "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error" and likely some other text with detail.

Doing a Google search of sickbeard and 500 error, there are some forum entries that say it's related to some notifications that have been set up in Sickbeard that no longer work, or have bugs.

Let's see what these tests tell us.
well...that's odd. that string got me:

{
"data": {
"name": "The Jim Gaffigan Show"
},
"message": "The Jim Gaffigan Show has been queued to be added",
"result": "success"
}

checking sickbeard afterward confirms the show was added successfully. I was worried it may have something to do with the space in "E:\TV Shows" but at least in chrome it was handled just fine and added the show
(2015-08-19, 20:53)lazyboy0172 Wrote: well...that's odd. that string got me:

{
"data": {
"name": "The Jim Gaffigan Show"
},
"message": "The Jim Gaffigan Show has been queued to be added",
"result": "success"
}

checking sickbeard afterward confirms the show was added successfully. I was worried it may have something to do with the space in "E:\TV Shows" but at least in chrome it was handled just fine and added the show

Good Job! You pointed out the issue that should have been obvious to me. You have a space in your path to the root directory, and I saw it but didn't catch it. And I wasn't allowing for url encoding the path in the addon. I should have, and it's pretty basic, but that was the over sight. So thanks for pointing that out, and for helping me debug the issue. I reproduced your error right away and it's now fixed.

Please update to v.1.3.7 and give that a try.
(2015-08-19, 21:32)Carey Wrote: Good Job! You pointed out the issue that should have been obvious to me. You have a space in your path to the root directory, and I saw it but didn't catch it. And I wasn't allowing for url encoding the path in the addon. I should have, and it's pretty basic, but that was the over sight. So thanks for pointing that out, and for helping me debug the issue. I reproduced your error right away and it's now fixed.

Please update to v.1.3.7 and give that a try.

Today was a good day Cool

thanks so much for your help and for going out of the way to even implement sickbeard support in your sickrage addon. Very much appreciated and a great addition to my media center.
Quote:Today was a good day Cool

thanks so much for your help and for going out of the way to even implement sickbeard support in your sickrage addon. Very much appreciated and a great addition to my media center.

Excellent. I'm glad we resolved the issue. Spaces in directory paths is a pretty common bug in many pieces of software. It's been an issue for me so many times over the years when using other people's programs, that I often try to avoid spaces in paths for that reason, and replace them with underscores. And that's why I was slow to pick up on the bug here.

I'm glad you find the addon useful. Have a great day! Smile
Hi, unfortunately I am having trouble with finding my Sickbeard IP. I've searched the thread but couldn't find anything
(2015-09-03, 21:34)KidVulcan Wrote: Hi, unfortunately I am having trouble with finding my Sickbeard IP. I've searched the thread but couldn't find anything

Which version of the addon are you trying to get working? The IP address to enter is the IP address of the computer you have Sickbeard or Sickrage running on. It may or may not be the same machine, only you will know that for sure. Is that machine a Windows or Linux computer?
Hey just wanted to say thanks for keeping this addon alive and the sickrage revision is truly awesome.
I am using a skin right now with the sickbeard couchpotatoe intergration right now but according to one of your post on this page it states that lazy uses artic Z.I have tried but can not get it to work like fastcolors skin.Do I need to revise the zephyr skin my self for these features or am I missing something or maybe even misread that post?? It would be nice to have two different skins with the SB and CP intergration.
Any insight into that post is appreciated.thanks
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Sickbeard XBMC - Control Sickbeard from XBMC2