Is it possible ?....
Thumbs Up 
I am told to simplify the XBMC skin(creating a new skin) to be extreme easy to use.
Most of the extra function has to be removed, or hided for normal use.
Selecting of music and video will be done by looking at CD/video covers as
default.

Example Screen:
http://i.imgur.com/ck7me.png

In this examples all CD covers
that has the word ”metallica”
someplace is listed.

Benifits:
1. Simplicity:
User experience in all aspect will be
fast and intuitive.
2. easy:
Visual selection of record. You select
Like you do when you select from your
CD collection.

My approach:
I can display the search text box by using:
<control type="edit" id="1">
<description>My First edit control</description>
<posx>100</posx>
<posy>20</posy>
<width>500</width>
<visible>true</visible>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<hinttext>Enter search string</hinttext>
<font>font14</font>
<textcolor>FFB2D4F5</textcolor>
</control>

But, when I type something more than that can fit in to the box width , the texts starts moving out of the box towards left which looks very bad.

Also I don't know how can I connect the search text box texts to the pannel container showing the songs/movies covers, so that they get filtered
based on the search term.

Such functionality is provided in xbmc but to search, a new virtual keyboard dialog window appears ( whose id would be known to xbmc, my guess), but I want the search box to be on the same window on top as in figure.

Also in virtual keyboard window(DialogKeyboard.xml, I think) on the place of text box in which we can type something, it is a label & not the edit control , very confusing if they have edit control why they are using label control.

How they are connecting their search box to the pannel container(list of items) so the list is getting shrinked as we type in the box.

Previously I created a new window file custom1112.xml and put one pannel container which could display songs from library, but It did not work.
Then I renamed the file to MyMusicSongs.xml, it started displaying the songs, but along with two extra things called "Music Addons" & "Add Source", which is not required.

Also I want to display all the audio songs to be displayed on the screen in the begining when user clicks on Music from Home screen, and the songs list get shrinked as user types search term.
Same for video when user clicks on video from Home screen.
That means I will have to know all the songs path from library & will also have to connect those paths to the pannel container(songs list displayed in thumbnails below search box).

How can I do this all. Is it possible?
PLease please Help me, some one please..........

Thank You.
Without thinking too much about it, I'd say nope, currently not possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible ?....0