• 190(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2024-01-05, 01:03)pkscout Wrote:
(2024-01-04, 22:55)Chalklands Wrote: Hi,
Are there any settings in AS to allow for the slideshow to show artwork by album and not artist? Thinking of a slideshow for an album when playing showing artwork specifically for that album (probably locally saved artwork) - Album cover, discart etc?
Sorry, no.  It's kind of called ArtistSlideshow for a reason.  '-)
Ah, OK. Thanks!
(2024-01-05, 07:44)Jeffers24 Wrote:
Are there any settings in AS to allow for the slideshow to show artwork by album and not artist? Thinking of a slideshow for an album when playing showing artwork specifically for that album (probably locally saved artwork) - Album cover, discart etc?

I also have an album image in each album folder:-
Thank you
(2024-01-05, 09:15)Chalklands Wrote:
(2024-01-05, 07:44)Jeffers24 Wrote:

I also have an album image in each album folder:-
Thank you
Give me a thumbs up, please, if it helped
Hi @pkscout.

Thanks for continuing to support this addon.

I’d like to request a couple of changes in the new AS version now Omega is near release:

In the setup screen:

Storage:
Store artist information in: (default addon_data folder)
can you please add an option for: ‘Kodi artist information folder’ (same as you now do for image location).

Download all images regardless of resolution:
This should be renamed ‘Download images regardless of aspect ratio’ (True = Download images even if they are not in 16x9 aspect ratio)

THX
Garry
sorry for this one ... a quick look into the settings.xml file showed my screwup.
It would be great if the first post could reflect which is the current version, ideally with release date.
@pkscout I was just wondering, is it possible for the slideshow to just use images from the AIF?  I have disabled downloading art from any sources and the slideshow only picks up the first "fanart.jpg" in the AIF even though there are multiple images in there for each artist.

I don't know if its any help to you or not but you can obtain the full artmap for any album using the album id and a call such as

json:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"AudioLibrary.GetAlbumDetails","params": {"properties":["art"],"albumid": 1}}

That will give you all the art available in the music db.  Whether that's easier than doing it in python I leave to you! Big Grin
Learning Linux the hard way !!
There are Storage settings in the ASS addon settings to use the AIF folder. But to use art in an AIF ‘extrafantart’ folder you have to set the Artist folder as a ‘Custom Folder’ (with a browse to the AIF folder). Do not use the option ‘Artist Information Folder’ as ASS then ignores the extrafanart folder.
(2024-02-13, 11:17)HomerJau Wrote: There are Storage settings in the ASS addon settings to use the AIF folder. But to use art in an AIF ‘extrafantart’ folder you have to set the Artist folder as a ‘Custom Folder’ (with a browse to the AIF folder). Do not use the option ‘Artist Information Folder’ as ASS then ignores the extrafanart folder.

Thanks Garry!!  That works, although I have to say I think it's very counter-intuitive.  Still, never mind eh?
I never worked it out until I looked at the source!
An artist's individual artist information folder isn't meant to have additional sub-folders.  From the wiki page:

"Any artist can have a subfolder within the Artist Information Folder which is named same as the artist name. Within that folder can be artwork and additional artist information as XML metadata in an NFO file called artist.nfo."

There is no mention of additional folders.  If you have a folder called extrafanart in your the artist's artist information folder, it may work, but it's not the correct setup and may not work in the future.  AS is working as designed and only looking in the root of the artist's artist information folder for images (when you say you want to use that).  Anything else is a custom location.
Well, to be clear.  When "Store artist information" was set to addon_data folder, and not to custom location, Kodi only ever displayed the first fanart image for any artist in my AIF.

Current Kodi settings that do work.

Example from AIF directory

Contents of that directory.

My stuff is organised correctly, as exported by Kodi itself. So, I would expect the settings `Include Kodi artist fanart` and `Include Kodi album fanart` to do just that. Only, it seems without setting that 'custom location' AS only ever picks up the first fanart image.
(2024-02-14, 13:40)black_eagle Wrote: Well, to be clear.  When "Store artist information" was set to addon_data folder, and not to custom location, Kodi only ever displayed the first fanart image for any artist in my AIF.
It would be helpful to see a debug log with it set to use the AIF.  I don't use the AIF, but I did a bunch of testing when the feature came out, and AS did show all the images at one time no matter where you stored the artist information.
Hello again. Thanks for this wonderful add-on. I've had hours of fun getting my artist slideshow fanart as robust as possible.

https://paste.kodi.tv/sukivigiko.kodi

I noticed that when I delete bad theaudiodb images (e.g., wxrqtq1541233483.jpg) they seem to come back on the next run, but only when there's just one fanart available for the artist and I delete it. It's as though AS ignores the contents of _imgdb.nfo when the artist folder is empty (i.e., yes the .nfo's do contain the filenames for the offending images).

I've included debug info for 2 cases, 1910 Fruitgum Company and American Breed.

Not a fatal issue, since I can add another images to these artist folders from internet downloads. But it's a nuisance.

Thoughts?
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5