• 132(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
SmileHello!! I went to the site for the first time. I strongly advice
ALERT!!!!!

Today is the day I'm pushing the update for my Estuary mod. If you are using it, all your home menu left menu options will be reset. You'll need to go into the skin settings and reset things. The good news is you'll be able to reorder the menu items if you want.
(2017-01-09, 02:13)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 01:03)Gussel Wrote: Today I've made an update to 17.0, installed AS and AS Helper and installed the modded skin from your repository too. AS shows a message that it's downloading pictures. The pictures can be copied correctly with AS Helper. But Kodi is not showing the slideshow. Not the downloaded pictures, not either the local ones.

I see where AS sets the directory for the artist images to Y:\Fady Maalouf\extrafanart, but when it goes to see if there are images, Kodi generates a directory read error:
Code:
XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting Y:\Fady Maalouf\extrafanart

This generally indicates that the directory doesn't exist or isn't readable by Kodi. Is Y: still a valid drive mapping on your system?

Thank you for your answer.

Y:\ is a valid drive mapping ... I can choose this directory in the AS-settings and I can view the pictures using explorer and opening drive Y:
however ... I copied the folders to local drive H: and changed AS-settings - getting the same result as before: no slideshow

Why is AS started and stopped every time I start playing music?

Code:
21:23:43.160 T:8112  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.6 started
21:23:43.160 T:8112  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
21:24:07.783 T:11072   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
21:24:14.987 T:11160  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.6 started
21:24:14.987 T:11160  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
21:24:14.987 T:11160  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
21:24:46.891 T:11144   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
21:24:48.250 T:13688   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
21:24:48.250 T:13688  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.6 started
21:24:48.250 T:13688  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
21:24:48.250 T:13688  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
21:25:03.502 T:15128  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.6 started
21:25:03.502 T:15128  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
21:25:03.503 T:15128  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
21:25:08.951 T:2800  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.6 started
21:25:08.951 T:2800  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
21:25:08.951 T:2800  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
[/code
[/quote]]
(2017-02-11, 22:29)Gussel Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 02:13)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 01:03)Gussel Wrote: Today I've made an update to 17.0, installed AS and AS Helper and installed the modded skin from your repository too. AS shows a message that it's downloading pictures. The pictures can be copied correctly with AS Helper. But Kodi is not showing the slideshow. Not the downloaded pictures, not either the local ones.

I see where AS sets the directory for the artist images to Y:\Fady Maalouf\extrafanart, but when it goes to see if there are images, Kodi generates a directory read error:
Code:
XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting Y:\Fady Maalouf\extrafanart

This generally indicates that the directory doesn't exist or isn't readable by Kodi. Is Y: still a valid drive mapping on your system?

Thank you for your answer.

Y:\ is a valid drive mapping ... I can choose this directory in the AS-settings and I can view the pictures using explorer and opening drive Y:
however ... I copied the folders to local drive H: and changed AS-settings - getting the same result as before: no slideshow

Why is AS started and stopped every time I start playing music?

Code:
21:23:43.160 T:8112  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.6 started
21:23:43.160 T:8112  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
21:24:07.783 T:11072   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
21:24:14.987 T:11160  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.6 started
21:24:14.987 T:11160  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
21:24:14.987 T:11160  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
21:24:46.891 T:11144   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
21:24:48.250 T:13688   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
21:24:48.250 T:13688  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.6 started
21:24:48.250 T:13688  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
21:24:48.250 T:13688  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
21:25:03.502 T:15128  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.6 started
21:25:03.502 T:15128  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
21:25:03.503 T:15128  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
21:25:08.951 T:2800  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 2.0.6 started
21:25:08.951 T:2800  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to true
21:25:08.951 T:2800  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
[/code
]
[/quote]

No idea. AS is called by the skin. Since you didn't include the full log, I can't tell what skin you're using. I've never seen that behavior with either the Confluence or Estuary mod. If it's one of my skins, I'd need to see the entire debug log. If it's another skin, you need to check with the skin author.
ok, don't ask me why ... I've set the directory in AS-settings back to Y:\ and now it works ...
sorry for triple post ... but now it stopped working again :-(

see log here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23976827/
(2017-02-11, 23:07)Gussel Wrote: sorry for triple post ... but now it stopped working again :-(

see log here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/23976827/

There's nothing else I can do for you. There are a slew of directory and file read errors in that log that have nothing to do with AS. All I can figure is there is something wrong with your drive or your OS.
@pkscout
When having two artists collaborating in the same song, I add to the song name: "(Feat. + name of the 2nd artist)" but still it doesn't show both artists in the slideshow. what am I doing wrong ?
Thanx
(2017-02-18, 21:04)Dave.B Wrote: @pkscout
When having two artists collaborating in the same song, I add to the song name: "(Feat. + name of the 2nd artist)" but still it doesn't show both artists in the slideshow. what am I doing wrong ?
Thanx

I just checked the code, and it looks like that particular chunk is case sensitive right now. So feat. would work, but not Feat. I'll look into fixing that for the next release. You can either wait a couple weeks for the next release or, if you don't have too many, change your song name to use the lowercase version.
(2017-02-19, 00:09)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-02-18, 21:04)Dave.B Wrote: @pkscout
Thanx

I just checked the code, and it looks like that particular chunk is case sensitive right now. So feat. would work, but not Feat. I'll look into fixing that for the next release. You can either wait a couple weeks for the next release or, if you don't have too many, change your song name to use the lowercase version.

@pkscout
Thank You very much for the quick reply. Since I have one to many collaborations between artists in my music library, I will look forward for your next release.
New BETA available

There's a new beta available in the beta repo that makes the featured artist splitting case insensitive.
(2017-02-10, 08:05)pkscout Wrote: [Check out the AS wiki page (link in signature) for a way to get my mod of Estuary that supports basic AS functionality (i.e. artist images but no bios or other stuff).
Do you have any plan to add back support for bios, etc? I'm really missing them.

I have a couple of other problems as well:
  1. Artist images are translucent and blended with the selected visualization. While this is sometimes what you want, I'd like to be able to have the images displayed without the blended visualization. This was possible in Kodi 16/Confluence. I tried turning off the visualization but the images are still blended with the remaining static background leading to very muddy pictures.
  2. AS does not show fanart in stored in the Kodi database or music folders. E.g, I have some artists for which AS displays no images at all yet when I look at those artists' information in Kodi I see fanart and thumbs. There are also folder.jpg (the thumb) and fanart.jpg in the artists' folders in my music library because I once exported the music library. I.e., the music files are organized as <Artist>/<Album>/<track ...> and the <Artist> folder contains these files. I don't know why AS no longer finds the images in its on-line sources. Kodi once found them.
(2017-02-19, 06:03)msfc Wrote: Do you have any plan to add back support for bios, etc? I'm really missing them.

Probably not. The new Estuary layout leaves much less unclaimed space (remember that I have to leave space for the album art if the user brings that up). The goal for the Estuary mod was always to make the smallest possible changes. I'll take another look, but I just don't think there's space without completely redesigning the music visualization screen.

Quote:Artist images are translucent and blended with the selected visualization. While this is sometimes what you want, I'd like to be able to have the images displayed without the blended visualization. This was possible in Kodi 16/Confluence. I tried turning off the visualization but the images are still blended with the remaining static background leading to very muddy pictures.

I honestly wouldn't use a visualization and AS together. As you've found, it technically works, but I find it mostly looks like crap. I'm unable to duplicate the issue with the images blending with the background. I know you're doing a git sync to get my skin. That is neither recommended nor supported. I remember there was a problem at one point with the image blending, but I fixed it. The only thing I can figure is that your git sync didn't get everything correctly. I HIGHLY recommend you download the repo linked in the AS wiki and then use it to install my Estuary mod.

Quote:AS does not show fanart in stored in the Kodi database or music folders. E.g, I have some artists for which AS displays no images at all yet when I look at those artists' information in Kodi I see fanart and thumbs. There are also folder.jpg (the thumb) and fanart.jpg in the artists' folders in my music library because I once exported the music library. I.e., the music files are organized as <Artist>/<Album>/<track ...> and the <Artist> folder contains these files. I don't know why AS no longer finds the images in its on-line sources. Kodi once found them.

The images in the Kodi database are not accessible by addons, at least not as far as I have found. The only way the fanart in your music folders will be accessible is if you set Kodi to use local only OR local/remote images and point AS to your music folder. You also need to check the settings to tell AS to use the fanart.jpg if available. That will pollute your music folder with more images and folders, but if you're OK with that, that will do it.
Hi,
I recently upgraded my computer and I now use the Windows Store version of Kodi on windows 10.
I also use the Xperience1080 skin which includes the AS addon by default.
My problem now is that the addon does not show anything since I reinstalled everything...
I don't know if there is anything to do with the UWP version of Kodi as it has caused problems on other addon due to the files being located at a different place than the standard version.
Thanks for your help.
(2017-02-19, 17:35)HediSIX Wrote: Hi,
I recently upgraded my computer and I now use the Windows Store version of Kodi on windows 10.
I also use the Xperience1080 skin which includes the AS addon by default.
My problem now is that the addon does not show anything since I reinstalled everything...
I don't know if there is anything to do with the UWP version of Kodi as it has caused problems on other addon due to the files being located at a different place than the standard version.
Thanks for your help.

The first thing I'd check is that AS is actually installed (as I don't think that stuff migrates from the "standard" version to the Store version). Even if it is installed, you probably have to manually restore all your settings. The other option is to find the userdata folder of your old version and copy that stuff to your Store version. There are a few threads in the Windows forum about where the userdata is stored (if you haven't found it already).

Barring that, I'd need a debug log file.
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5