• 8(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Extra question : is it normal that the script - once all the radio-buttons checked on the download setting pages - hasn't downloaded any file ?
Maybe it is because I have fanarts and extrafanarts in my music folders ?
Is there a way to "force" the download ?
rolapinou Wrote:What's the point of the fallback folder ? To store downloaded images from HT¨backdrops ?

No, It is so that if you have no art and the addon can not find any on the internet to download from, It will "Fall back" to a folder that you have set with loads of fine images of fine looking women in bikini's (well that's what I have anyway you can have "My little Ponies" images if you wish).

As for some stuff missing. This may not be down to the addon, And maybe due to the skin. NOX v3 is from what I know (and I could be very wrong here) still very young and so may still have a fair amount of bugs to sort out. Try "Aeon MQ 3" or "Cirrus Extended v2" (get it from SVN) as I know the addon works 100% on both skins.

As for the rest, You will have to wait until somebody with more skills to post. As I am lost at this point.
(2012-05-12, 22:44)rolapinou Wrote: Extra question : is it normal that the script - once all the radio-buttons checked on the download setting pages - hasn't downloaded any file ?
Maybe it is because I have fanarts and extrafanarts in my music folders ?
Is there a way to "force" the download ?

it downloads files, you just don´t know where they are placed Wink
look in addon_data/script.artistslideshow in userdata folder.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks for all your replies and tips.
I managed to have everything working as should be once re-starting XBMC (and maybe while pressing a magic key on my keyboard ;-)
Hope I will succeed in reproducing the "good" settings, as I am on my "testing" PC before I switch it to my HTPC (when the final version of the 3.0 Aeon Nox is ready).
Keep on the good work !!
(2012-03-06, 22:51)pkscuot Wrote:
  • option to download artist bio and other additional information (skin must support display of this information)

Hello guys,
I absolutely LOVE this add-on and use it all the time.

Often I have friends over for a "music evening" and they bring tracks on a memory stick, so would love to have the artist bio also working with the artist artwork slideshow (without adding tracks I do not have into my library and updating it first). So far I THINK the artist bio only works on Confluence.

Another use is when listening to KCRW or other music streaming Radio stations. With Confluence I can get the artist BIO as well as the artwork slideshow... which is great, but I would prefer a skin like T!.

Is there a list of skins this works on? I have tried about 10 this morning and only confluence seems to work.

Thanks,
Mark.
(2012-05-14, 12:36)fredphoesh Wrote: Is there a list of skins this works on? I have tried about 10 this morning and only confluence seems to work.

Thanks,
Mark.

"Aeon MQ 3" Has this
(2012-05-14, 14:18)Oddsodz Wrote: "Aeon MQ 3" Has this

Hi
Thanks, that skin looks great but there are two major problems
1/ the biography is so small I cannot read it
2/ the "artist slideshow" is a tiny teenzy minute fraction of the screen! I wonder why Marcos Qui did that... a great pity as its an incredibly configurable skin, really showing the power of xbmc.

Tx
Mark.

(2012-05-14, 12:36)fredphoesh Wrote:
(2012-03-06, 22:51)pkscuot Wrote:
  • option to download artist bio and other additional information (skin must support display of this information)

Hello guys,
I absolutely LOVE this add-on and use it all the time.

Often I have friends over for a "music evening" and they bring tracks on a memory stick, so would love to have the artist bio also working with the artist artwork slideshow (without adding tracks I do not have into my library and updating it first). So far I THINK the artist bio only works on Confluence.

Another use is when listening to KCRW or other music streaming Radio stations. With Confluence I can get the artist BIO as well as the artwork slideshow... which is great, but I would prefer a skin like T!.

Is there a list of skins this works on? I have tried about 10 this morning and only confluence seems to work.

Thanks,
Mark.

nox 3.0 makes extensive usage of this addon.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I'm having a problem when this script is loaded on startup with daemon mode. Its not reproducible every time, but happens enough to become quite annoying. I'll open any window after startup and XBMC freezes with this error:
Code:
16:26:48 T:1476   ERROR: CThread::staticThread : Access violation at 0x00c02823: Reading location 0xe51e5f2c
Heres the complete log from which you can tell thread 1476 is the artist slideshow script:
http://pastebin.com/w2gduURQ

(2012-05-14, 18:04)phil65 Wrote: nox 3.0 makes extensive usage of this addon.

fantastic skin, thanks for the heads up on that... love the way it adds similar artists, bio, various images... font is too small on the floating panel, but the one you get to by pressing "i" is ok...

cheers
Mark.
(2012-05-14, 19:04)Big_Noid Wrote: I'm having a problem when this script is loaded on startup with daemon mode. Its not reproducible every time, but happens enough to become quite annoying. I'll open any window after startup and XBMC freezes with this error:
Code:
16:26:48 T:1476   ERROR: CThread::staticThread : Access violation at 0x00c02823: Reading location 0xe51e5f2c
Heres the complete log from which you can tell thread 1476 is the artist slideshow script:
http://pastebin.com/w2gduURQ

I'm stumped. I googled a couple of things, and seems like access violations like that happen when python incorrectly calls a C function. I checked, and Artist Slideshow isn't using any ctypes, so at first blush I wonder if it's something in XBMC itself.
I see this as well in the context of running AS from/with XSqueeze. Only seems to happen around startup and if it doesn't happen then it doesn't tend to happen later. In Eden, not sure about nighties where I think they have changed the threading system ... Might be worth trying there to see if the problem persists...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Having weird problems with this addon

I use spotimc (spotify addon) and when i go inside visulation (yes im bad at english)

I get the artist slideshow.

HOWEVER

i said artist slideshow, to only download 16:9 photos. Doesnt help. I have tried setting 1280x720 as minimum size. Nothing.

anyone know what to do

PS: im using htbackdrops (allthough getting same problem with last.fm)

Quick search over at htbackdrops, on lana del rey i get around 10 photos. all 16:9
However when using artist slideshow in aeon nox, i get all this pixelated pictures which looks really really bad

PS2: looking at the pictures thats showing i see all the picture is pulled from last.fm even though i have set it to htbackdrops
using 1.3.1

Anyone can help me?
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2012-05-14, 23:44)henrikyo Wrote: PS2: looking at the pictures thats showing i see all the picture is pulled from last.fm even though i have set it to htbackdrops
using 1.3.1

Anyone can help me?

What you are seeing is "cached" images from last.fm before you made your new settings to only 16:9 HtBackDrop settings. I Had the same thing myself.

Go and find the

C:\Users\Your User Name For Windows\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow

folder and delete everything inside it.

Then go and play some tunes and new images will appear.
Hello pkscuot,

latest translate add-on Artist SlideShow to Portuguese (Brazil), download here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Artist%...trings.xml

Thanks,

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5