• 84(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2014-12-19, 15:32)weyb Wrote: BTW : can you tell me :
- if your skin supports video & subtitles languages ?
- if yes, if it runs weel on a rasperry (rpi) without having resources problems ?

What I'm providing is a very small set of modifications to the default Confluence skin. So it should run on the Raspberry Pi, and if Confluence supports the video and subtitle stuff, then this set of mods doesn't change that.

(2014-12-19, 19:30)Drusius Wrote: Hi I'm using AS 1.7.0 - and I have one little yet annoying problem
Fanart pictures are not transparent, meaning I cannot see the background visualization while playing music,
Im using regular Gotham/Confluence with the modified xml's from wiki page.

Thanks ahead

AS doesn't really do anything to the images it downloads or determine how they are displayed. That's the skin's job (at least the second part is). I don't think there is any way to make a non-transport image transparent on the fly, so the only thing you could try is to modify the XML files so that the visualization loads on top of the fanart images. In some cases the visualizations aren't very transparent either, so you may really need to pick one or the other.
(2014-12-19, 23:06)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 19:30)Drusius Wrote: Hi I'm using AS 1.7.0 - and I have one little yet annoying problem
Fanart pictures are not transparent, meaning I cannot see the background visualization while playing music,
Im using regular Gotham/Confluence with the modified xml's from wiki page.

Thanks ahead

AS doesn't really do anything to the images it downloads or determine how they are displayed. That's the skin's job (at least the second part is). I don't think there is any way to make a non-transport image transparent on the fly, so the only thing you could try is to modify the XML files so that the visualization loads on top of the fanart images. In some cases the visualizations aren't very transparent either, so you may really need to pick one or the other.

Pkscout thanks for your prompt response - from wiki page:

9.2 Using Artist Slideshow with a Visualization
With the Confluence modifications, Artist Slideshow shows images behind any running visualization. If you choose to use a visualization, please select one with a significant amount of transparent area or you may not see much of anything. For any other skin, please contact the skin developer for a clarification on how visualizations interact with Artist Slideshow.

The actual behavior is the opposite: Artist Slideshow shows images above any running visualization. The results is that the visualization only appears while image is switching.
(2014-12-20, 00:09)Drusius Wrote: Pkscout thanks for your prompt response - from wiki page:

With the Confluence modifications, Artist Slideshow shows images behind any running visualization. If you choose to use a visualization, please select one with a significant amount of transparent area or you may not see much of anything. For any other skin, please contact the skin developer for a clarification on how visualizations interact with Artist Slideshow.

The actual behavior is the opposite: Artist Slideshow shows images above any running visualization. The results is that the visualization only appears while image is switching.

Just open up MusicVisualization.xml then and change the order of the visualization control.
Is there any way to adjust the alpha value of the artist images? Or put a 50% black PNG file in front of them? I want to dim them so they aren't so bright and the visualization has more emphasis.
(2014-12-20, 03:46)rygar Wrote: Is there any way to adjust the alpha value of the artist images? Or put a 50% black PNG file in front of them? I want to dim them so they aren't so bright and the visualization has more emphasis.

That's a skin decision. AS simply tells the skin where the images are. I don't know of any skin that has settings to do what you want, so you're probably going to have to dig in and modify the skin yourself to get what you want.
(2014-12-20, 01:10)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-12-20, 00:09)Drusius Wrote: Pkscout thanks for your prompt response - from wiki page:

Just open up MusicVisualization.xml then and change the order of the visualization control.

Could you please write down the change I need to do and on which line number?
I've been playing around and I cannot find the right combination.
Thanks Ahead for the great help !
(2014-10-03, 14:02)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-10-02, 21:40)archie456 Wrote: Hi,

I've just set up XBMC using the Amber skin, and I've installed Artist Slideshow.

The problem is that when I play music, I just get a blank (black) background - any pointers to whats going wrong?

Thanks

A debug log would really help. Also, please enable the debug log setting in the AS preferences.

Hello pkscout,

I have the same problem with Amber's skin.
Here is the debug log : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=377657

For information, I have raspbmc installed with Gotham 13.2.

Thanks for your help.
Hello pkscout, I was wondering if it is possible to add an empty visualization for anyone that wants to see artist fanart for music but also keep the ability to dim/black or activate another screensaver of there choosing while using the setting "use visualization if playing music" option without interfering with seeing the artist/music fanart?

Thanks
(2014-12-22, 15:46)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Hello pkscout, I was wondering if it is possible to add an empty visualization for anyone that wants to see artist fanart for music but also keep the ability to dim/black or activate another screensaver of there choosing while using the setting "use visualization if playing music" option without interfering with seeing the artist/music fanart?

Thanks

I think you could just create a preset for the vertex visualization and use that.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Hi Could some please tell me if there is a way to manual tell Artist Slideshow the correct band ID. I'm trying to get it to pick up run-D.M.C. but it can't seem to handle the "-" in the name. In the files it puts the following. RunΓÇôD.M.C. If I replace this with the correct answer it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
(2014-12-23, 01:15)scott967 Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 15:46)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Hello pkscout, I was wondering if it is possible to add an empty visualization for anyone that wants to see artist fanart for music but also keep the ability to dim/black or activate another screensaver of there choosing while using the setting "use visualization if playing music" option without interfering with seeing the artist/music fanart?

Thanks

I think you could just create a preset for the vertex visualization and use that.

scott s.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check that out.
(2014-12-24, 05:59)micnda Wrote: Hi Could some please tell me if there is a way to manual tell Artist Slideshow the correct band ID. I'm trying to get it to pick up run-D.M.C. but it can't seem to handle the "-" in the name. In the files it puts the following. RunΓÇôD.M.C. If I replace this with the correct answer it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

You'll need to find the data folder for Kodi (location depends on your OS) and then go to userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistInfomation. The directory for the artist is hashed, so you should probably use Artist Slideshow Helper to get the hashed name for the artist in question. Once you find the right has folder, open it and edit the musicbrainz.nfo file. It looks like the musicbrainz ID for run-D.M.C. is 5ecc3f72-20a6-47a0-8dc5-fb0b3dadeea0. Put that ID in the musicbrainz.nfo file and then AS won't try and find the MBID any longer.
(2014-12-20, 13:36)Drusius Wrote:
(2014-12-20, 01:10)pkscout Wrote:

Could you please write down the change I need to do and on which line number?
I've been playing around and I cannot find the right combination.
Thanks Ahead for the great help !
I had been running Artist Slideshow 1.7.0 on Gotham and updated to Kodi RC2 with no problems. When RC3 came out I updated again with no problems.

This weekend when I started Kodi however, it did some "auto updates" to several packages and then gave me a message the said.

" Artist Slide Show has unmet dependencies, Do you want to disable it"

I looked through the log but didn't see anything written in there. It still seems to work though, Any thoughts?
(2014-12-28, 03:59)tscholl Wrote: I had been running Artist Slideshow 1.7.0 on Gotham and updated to Kodi RC2 with no problems. When RC3 came out I updated again with no problems.

This weekend when I started Kodi however, it did some "auto updates" to several packages and then gave me a message the said.

" Artist Slide Show has unmet dependencies, Do you want to disable it"

I looked through the log but didn't see anything written in there. It still seems to work though, Any thoughts?

The new Kodi version of AS requires updated versions of a couple other modules, and they should have updated as well. I'd try uninstalling AS and reinstalling it. That will hopefully force the other updates.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5