• 91(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
I can't for the life of me find the folder where the images are downloaded to? The images show up in Kodi while i'm playing music but there's nothing related to the add-on in the Kodi folder?? Where is the cache folder located? I want to remove some pictures from showing up since some are in really bad quality.
(2015-03-05, 11:15)hurricane51 Wrote: I can't get Artist Slideshow to work on a clean installation of Kodi 14.2. It works fine on my computer with Frodo, but on my testbed (Windows 7 x64) it doesn't download any images. I've checked the the databases and they have images (no surprise with the Beatles, Sheryl Crow, etc.). I configured the options to essentially match my Frodo setup, but no results.

Since it's a clean install of Kodi, I'm assuming it's something obvious I've overlooked. What's the first thing I should check?

I thought I'd quote your original question so we have the thread in one place. I checked the log, and AS is finding images in the cache folder, which means something was downloaded at some point. I even see where AS sets the path to the folder for the skin to display. If you aren't getting any images, then my first thought is a skin issue. What skin are you using?

BTW, if you want to see if AS is actually downloading images, delete the ArtistSlideshow folder (after backing it up) from the addon_data/script.artistslideshow directory in your Kodi data directory. After you start a song and change to the visualization, you'll see that directory repopulate.
(2015-03-07, 17:26)Jo3y Wrote: I can't for the life of me find the folder where the images are downloaded to? The images show up in Kodi while i'm playing music but there's nothing related to the add-on in the Kodi folder?? Where is the cache folder located? I want to remove some pictures from showing up since some are in really bad quality.

Images are downloaded to your Kodi data directory and stored in addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. If you delete an image it will be downloaded again though. To exclude an image (or images) from being downloaded, please check the wiki page (link in my sig) for information on that.
(2015-03-09, 05:44)pkscout Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 11:15)hurricane51 Wrote: I can't get Artist Slideshow to work on a clean installation of Kodi 14.2. It works fine on my computer with Frodo, but on my testbed (Windows 7 x64) it doesn't download any images. I've checked the the databases and they have images (no surprise with the Beatles, Sheryl Crow, etc.). I configured the options to essentially match my Frodo setup, but no results.

Since it's a clean install of Kodi, I'm assuming it's something obvious I've overlooked. What's the first thing I should check?

I thought I'd quote your original question so we have the thread in one place. I checked the log, and AS is finding images in the cache folder, which means something was downloaded at some point. I even see where AS sets the path to the folder for the skin to display. If you aren't getting any images, then my first thought is a skin issue. What skin are you using?

BTW, if you want to see if AS is actually downloading images, delete the ArtistSlideshow folder (after backing it up) from the addon_data/script.artistslideshow directory in your Kodi data directory. After you start a song and change to the visualization, you'll see that directory repopulate.
I'm using Transparency. You mention changing to the visualization. Do you mean change to the Now Playing window? I have visualizations disabled, as I do on my Frodo installation.
I think I mean the Now Playing window. I don't use Transparency, so I'm not sure what they call the window.
(2015-03-09, 23:40)pkscout Wrote: I think I mean the Now Playing window. I don't use Transparency, so I'm not sure what they call the window.

I call it the Now Playing window to distinguish it from the list view.

I went to the Transparency support site and it's unclear whether there's a stable version to work with KODI 14.2. Can you recommend a skin that works?
Quote:I thought I'd quote your original question so we have the thread in one place. I checked the log, and AS is finding images in the cache folder, which means something was downloaded at some point. I even see where AS sets the path to the folder for the skin to display. If you aren't getting any images, then my first thought is a skin issue. What skin are you using?

OK, I got the answer on the Transparency blog. First I have to disable visualizations in Settings | Music (which I had already done), but then I had enable the AS add-on in the visualizations custom settings.

Actually, that "Enable Visualisations" button in the above window only dims the screen when playing AS. Since I had never used visualizations in Frodo, I didn't bother with this control in the past. It was a bit counterintuitive to me.

As usual, I thank you for the help.
Hi,
I'm having troube migrating my data from Gotham to Helix. I copied all the addon info from userdata and during playback i get nothing.
Hi,

I have moved over from MediaPortal where we had a process plugin called Fan Art Handler. This plugin would work in the back ground to download all fan art for the music database.
Is there any way to get this plugin to do the same? From what I can tell this only grabs the current Now Playing fanart?

Thanks
(2015-03-28, 21:33)Douganator Wrote: I have moved over from MediaPortal where we had a process plugin called Fan Art Handler. This plugin would work in the back ground to download all fan art for the music database.
Is there any way to get this plugin to do the same? From what I can tell this only grabs the current Now Playing fanart?

You are correct that this add on only downloads based on the currently playing music. You might check out Artwork Downloader. I think that's more akin to what you want.
(2015-03-28, 21:43)pkscout Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 21:33)Douganator Wrote: I have moved over from MediaPortal where we had a process plugin called Fan Art Handler. This plugin would work in the back ground to download all fan art for the music database.

You are correct that this add on only downloads based on the currently playing music. You might check out Artwork Downloader. I think that's more akin to what you want.

So, use Artwork Downloader and then maybe point Artist Slideshow to use the local files that have been downloaded?
(2015-03-28, 22:14)Douganator Wrote:
(2015-03-28, 21:43)pkscout Wrote:

So, use Artwork Downloader and then maybe point Artist Slideshow to use the local files that have been downloaded?

That might work. I'd suggest you check the AS wiki page (link in my signature) to make sure you understand the folder structure AS expects.
(2015-03-28, 21:33)Douganator Wrote: Hi,

I have moved over from MediaPortal where we had a process plugin called Fan Art Handler. This plugin would work in the back ground to download all fan art for the music database.

Thanks

Look at the CDArt Manager add-on for downloading music artwork. Artwork Downloader is more for movies, tv shows and music videos.
Hi,

( english is not my primary language )

I'm testing creation of correct audio db with local fanart but I can't get AS reading my extrafanart directory !
I've created some directories with artist name, and subdirectories "extrafanart" with some .jpg

Running all on my laptop ( to not introduce lan/share/access problems ), W7 x64, Kodi 14.2 RC, AS 1.8.3b1 ( updated after reading of last pages )

All AS options are disabled, I don't want fanart download.

Here a log extract :
Code:
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Looking for a musicbrainz ID for artist Ace Of Base
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Looking for musicbrainz ID in the musicbrainz.nfo file
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking for C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\f8c78f0e\
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\f8c78f0e\ exists
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] musicbrainz ID found in musicbrainz.nfo file
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] current artist is Ace Of Base with a mbid of d4a1404d-e00c-4bac-b3ba-e3557f6468d6
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking for C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\f8c78f0e\
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\f8c78f0e\ exists
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] start download
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking for C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\f8c78f0e\
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\f8c78f0e\ exists
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] cachedir = C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\f8c78f0e\
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] cached C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\f8c78f0e\fanarttvartistimages.nfo found
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] ArtistSlideshow set to C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow/resources/black
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking the source fanarttv with a value of false.
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking the source theaudiodb with a value of false.
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking the source htbackdrops with a value of false.
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] downloading images
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] no images downloaded
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] setting slideshow directory to blank directory
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] ArtistSlideshow set to C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artistslideshow/resources/black
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] no remote artist artwork found, looking for local artwork
18:02:05 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] cachedir = Ace Of Base\extrafanart
18:02:05 T:5464   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting Ace Of Base\extrafanart
18:02:06 T:5464   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] playing file is musicdb://songs/73.mp3?albumid=12 - Ace Of Base - Would You Believe

18:02:05 T:5464 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting Ace Of Base\extrafanart

It's the same error with all artists.
Tried with "fanart" name for directory and option, same result.

Any idea ?

Many thanks for your great job !
It looks like you didn't set the root directory for the local fanart. In the addon settings go to the SLIDESHOW tab and then set the LOCAL ARTIST FOLDER to the folder that has all your artist folders in it. Once you do that, the like that says "cachedir =" should read something like cachedir = D:\Media\Artists\Ace of Base\extrafanart
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5