[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Jo3y Offline
I can't for the life of me find the folder where the images are downloaded to? The images show up in Kodi while i'm playing music but there's nothing related to the add-on in the Kodi folder?? Where is the cache folder located? I want to remove some pictures from showing up since some are in really bad quality.
find quote
pkscout Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-03-05 11:15)hurricane51 Wrote:  I can't get Artist Slideshow to work on a clean installation of Kodi 14.2. It works fine on my computer with Frodo, but on my testbed (Windows 7 x64) it doesn't download any images. I've checked the the databases and they have images (no surprise with the Beatles, Sheryl Crow, etc.). I configured the options to essentially match my Frodo setup, but no results.

Since it's a clean install of Kodi, I'm assuming it's something obvious I've overlooked. What's the first thing I should check?

I thought I'd quote your original question so we have the thread in one place. I checked the log, and AS is finding images in the cache folder, which means something was downloaded at some point. I even see where AS sets the path to the folder for the skin to display. If you aren't getting any images, then my first thought is a skin issue. What skin are you using?

BTW, if you want to see if AS is actually downloading images, delete the ArtistSlideshow folder (after backing it up) from the addon_data/script.artistslideshow directory in your Kodi data directory. After you start a song and change to the visualization, you'll see that directory repopulate.
find quote
pkscout Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-03-07 17:26)Jo3y Wrote:  I can't for the life of me find the folder where the images are downloaded to? The images show up in Kodi while i'm playing music but there's nothing related to the add-on in the Kodi folder?? Where is the cache folder located? I want to remove some pictures from showing up since some are in really bad quality.

Images are downloaded to your Kodi data directory and stored in addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. If you delete an image it will be downloaded again though. To exclude an image (or images) from being downloaded, please check the wiki page (link in my sig) for information on that.
find quote
hurricane51 Offline
(2015-03-09 05:44)pkscout Wrote:  
(2015-03-05 11:15)hurricane51 Wrote:  I can't get Artist Slideshow to work on a clean installation of Kodi 14.2. It works fine on my computer with Frodo, but on my testbed (Windows 7 x64) it doesn't download any images. I've checked the the databases and they have images (no surprise with the Beatles, Sheryl Crow, etc.). I configured the options to essentially match my Frodo setup, but no results.

Since it's a clean install of Kodi, I'm assuming it's something obvious I've overlooked. What's the first thing I should check?

I thought I'd quote your original question so we have the thread in one place. I checked the log, and AS is finding images in the cache folder, which means something was downloaded at some point. I even see where AS sets the path to the folder for the skin to display. If you aren't getting any images, then my first thought is a skin issue. What skin are you using?

BTW, if you want to see if AS is actually downloading images, delete the ArtistSlideshow folder (after backing it up) from the addon_data/script.artistslideshow directory in your Kodi data directory. After you start a song and change to the visualization, you'll see that directory repopulate.
I'm using Transparency. You mention changing to the visualization. Do you mean change to the Now Playing window? I have visualizations disabled, as I do on my Frodo installation.
find quote
pkscout Offline
Posting Freak
I think I mean the Now Playing window. I don't use Transparency, so I'm not sure what they call the window.
find quote
hurricane51 Offline
(2015-03-09 23:40)pkscout Wrote:  I think I mean the Now Playing window. I don't use Transparency, so I'm not sure what they call the window.

I call it the Now Playing window to distinguish it from the list view.

I went to the Transparency support site and it's unclear whether there's a stable version to work with KODI 14.2. Can you recommend a skin that works?
find quote
hurricane51 Offline
Quote:I thought I'd quote your original question so we have the thread in one place. I checked the log, and AS is finding images in the cache folder, which means something was downloaded at some point. I even see where AS sets the path to the folder for the skin to display. If you aren't getting any images, then my first thought is a skin issue. What skin are you using?

OK, I got the answer on the Transparency blog. First I have to disable visualizations in Settings | Music (which I had already done), but then I had enable the AS add-on in the visualizations custom settings.

[Image: EpNRhzj.jpg]

Actually, that "Enable Visualisations" button in the above window only dims the screen when playing AS. Since I had never used visualizations in Frodo, I didn't bother with this control in the past. It was a bit counterintuitive to me.

As usual, I thank you for the help.
(This post was last modified: 2015-03-11 05:00 by hurricane51.)
find quote
gboystance Offline
Hi,
I'm having troube migrating my data from Gotham to Helix. I copied all the addon info from userdata and during playback i get nothing.
find quote