• 94(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2015-05-21, 09:37)Maaarv Wrote: 1. Multiple Artists: What would be the best way to show images for multiple artists under one song?
Is it using the common artist field such as "Artist X feat. Artist Y" or should I put the "feat." in the song title e.g. "Title (feat. Artist Y)"?
Quote:If a song is truly by two artists, I would put it in the artist field as Artist 1 / Artist 2. Kodi will split this and tell AS there are multiple artists. For featured artists, I tend to put them in the song title.

[quote]
2. Because I don't want any extrafanart images within my local music folder, would it be correct to set the priority to "remote first" to just have the downloaded images for the specific artists in the cache folder? In addition, would Artist Slideshow put those cached images in my local folders when there is an extrafanart folder?

As long as you don't have plans to try and add local artwork, then doing "remote first" is fine. You could do "local first" and set a different directory for the images besides your music folder. That's what I do. I have E:\Kodi\Images\Artists for my artwork. My music is in E:\iTunes Media\Music (or something like that).

quote]
3. The next time I play a song for which Artist Slideshow has already cached some images, will it reuse the same images or will it redownload them?

As will use the cached images. It also caches the list of images. That list is only updated every couple of weeks, so new images from a given source might not be downloaded immediately.
Hello, i have a Raspberry Pi 2 with OSMC and KODI.
Now everything works properly but the Artist Slideshow Addon !!!
My skin is CONFLUENCE.
I have installed the addon and in the settings I have set the "Local artist folder" to a folder organized in artist/extrafanart/*.jpg (whith over than 20 fanarts for each artist).
I also set "Priority" to "local first".
But when I listen to music in "full screen" mode the slideshow with my fanarts doesn't appear.
For some artists I just have a single fanart (downloaded, I suppose) and for others I have nothing.
I found a "MusicVisualisation.xml" file with a "multiimage" section under /usr/share/kodi/addons.
So what is wrong Confused
Thanks for help.
Nobody can help me ?
I think Confluence doesn't support this Addon out of the box.
Check post #2
Thanks Winna for answering.
That's what I've done on my PC, and it works for years.
But on the Raspberry Pi (connected on my TV) it must be different...
I'm not using this skin, so I can't help you any further. I'm using Horizonz V and this Addon is working on both my Pi and Pi2...
(2015-06-25, 14:10)jo26 Wrote: Thanks Winna for answering.
That's what I've done on my PC, and it works for years.
But on the Raspberry Pi (connected on my TV) it must be different...

I don't have a Pi on which to test, but there should be no difference between AS on a Pi and AS on any other platform. You might try downloading my modified Confluence skin (there is a link to download my skin repo on the wiki page) and see if that helps. If that doesn't, you'll need to post screen shots of your settings and a debug log.
Hi,

I've noticed the modified Confluence skins are for Gothem and Helix. Does your addon work with Isengard?

Thanks.
(2015-07-09, 00:01)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: I've noticed the modified Confluence skins are for Gothem and Helix. Does your addon work with Isengard?

The addon should work in Isengard (the dev have said that like 99% of addons will be fine from Helix to Isengard). The Helix skin mods will probably not break anything, but I know there were some changes to the PVR stuff that wouldn't be available in my Helix skin mods. I'm planning to do another mod for Isengard, but the skin changes are kind of a pain in the ass and usually take me a couple of full days to get done. I just haven't had the time yet.
Thanks.

The Helix skin works well with my Isengard PC, I will try it on my Isengard Android tomorrow.

Just wondering, I've created a subdirectory called <extrafanart> but the downloaded images do not seem to be saved in there. The directory is still empty. I have "Image Priority" set as "both" in the settings.

Any idea how I can save the images? And is there a way to do it without manually creating and extra folder for each artist?

Thanks.
(2015-07-12, 11:08)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: Thanks.

The Helix skin works well with my Isengard PC, I will try it on my Isengard Android tomorrow.

Just wondering, I've created a subdirectory called <extrafanart> but the downloaded images do not seem to be saved in there. The directory is still empty. I have "Image Priority" set as "both" in the settings.

Any idea how I can save the images? And is there a way to do it without manually creating and extra folder for each artist?

Thanks.

AS only uses the local folder if there are images in it already. It's really designed for people who already had a bunch of art they want to use in addition to the downloaded stuff. If you really want to migrate the images from the cache directory to your local one, check out Artist Slideshow Helper. It'll move everything for you. You can either run it periodically or schedule it to run using something like CronBMC.
Oh I see. ASHelper moves/copies the cached images to a uniquely named folder with the structure <new folder>/<artist>/<extrafanart>

Now I presume, If I already had my music collected structure like this:

MUSIC/<artist>/<album>/song.mp3

Then would I be able to point ASHelper to the <MUSIC> folder and then it would create an <extrafanart> subfolder in the current artist's directory?

Do you know of any advantage/disadvantage of having a separate unique folder solely for fanart as opposed to having ASHelper place the images directly in to your current Music Artist folder?

Thanks.
Also, I assume that when "Image Priority" is set as "both", then AS will only download images that do not already exist in the <extrafanart> folder. Speaking from a bandwidth point of view....
I have a problem with a downloaded image. It's not correct -- it shows the wrong artist. Is there a way to prevent it from appearing? I assume I can delete it from my local drive, but then AS will download it again.
(2015-07-13, 03:25)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: Do you know of any advantage/disadvantage of having a separate unique folder solely for fanart as opposed to having ASHelper place the images directly in to your current Music Artist folder?

It's pretty much a personal choice. I separate my music from the images mostly because I don't want a folder of images hanging out with the MP3 files. From a technical perspective I don't think it makes a different.

(2015-07-13, 03:42)BubbaLovesTv Wrote: Also, I assume that when "Image Priority" is set as "both", then AS will only download images that do not already exist in the <extrafanart> folder. Speaking from a bandwidth point of view....

I'm pretty sure that's the case. That's actually a chunk of the code I've never looked at much (I inherited the maintenance on this add on a few years ago). That said, AS only checks for new images for an artist every couple of weeks, so the bandwidth impact is likely minimal over time even if it is redownloading images.
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5