[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
pkscout Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-05-21 09:37)Maaarv Wrote:  1. Multiple Artists: What would be the best way to show images for multiple artists under one song?
Is it using the common artist field such as "Artist X feat. Artist Y" or should I put the "feat." in the song title e.g. "Title (feat. Artist Y)"?
Quote:If a song is truly by two artists, I would put it in the artist field as Artist 1 / Artist 2. Kodi will split this and tell AS there are multiple artists. For featured artists, I tend to put them in the song title.

[quote]
2. Because I don't want any extrafanart images within my local music folder, would it be correct to set the priority to "remote first" to just have the downloaded images for the specific artists in the cache folder? In addition, would Artist Slideshow put those cached images in my local folders when there is an extrafanart folder?

As long as you don't have plans to try and add local artwork, then doing "remote first" is fine. You could do "local first" and set a different directory for the images besides your music folder. That's what I do. I have E:\Kodi\Images\Artists for my artwork. My music is in E:\iTunes Media\Music (or something like that).

quote]
3. The next time I play a song for which Artist Slideshow has already cached some images, will it reuse the same images or will it redownload them?

As will use the cached images. It also caches the list of images. That list is only updated every couple of weeks, so new images from a given source might not be downloaded immediately.
find quote
jo26 Offline
Hello, i have a Raspberry Pi 2 with OSMC and KODI.
Now everything works properly but the Artist Slideshow Addon !!!
My skin is CONFLUENCE.
I have installed the addon and in the settings I have set the "Local artist folder" to a folder organized in artist/extrafanart/*.jpg (whith over than 20 fanarts for each artist).
I also set "Priority" to "local first".
But when I listen to music in "full screen" mode the slideshow with my fanarts doesn't appear.
For some artists I just have a single fanart (downloaded, I suppose) and for others I have nothing.
I found a "MusicVisualisation.xml" file with a "multiimage" section under /usr/share/kodi/addons.
So what is wrong Confused
Thanks for help.
find quote
jo26 Offline
Nobody can help me ?
find quote
winna Offline
I think Confluence doesn't support this Addon out of the box.
Check post #2
find quote
jo26 Offline
Thanks Winna for answering.
That's what I've done on my PC, and it works for years.
But on the Raspberry Pi (connected on my TV) it must be different...
find quote
winna Offline
I'm not using this skin, so I can't help you any further. I'm using Horizonz V and this Addon is working on both my Pi and Pi2...
find quote
pkscout Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-06-25 14:10)jo26 Wrote:  Thanks Winna for answering.
That's what I've done on my PC, and it works for years.
But on the Raspberry Pi (connected on my TV) it must be different...

I don't have a Pi on which to test, but there should be no difference between AS on a Pi and AS on any other platform. You might try downloading my modified Confluence skin (there is a link to download my skin repo on the wiki page) and see if that helps. If that doesn't, you'll need to post screen shots of your settings and a debug log.
find quote