• 100(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
(2016-01-02, 01:47)Douganator Wrote: I have been reading through this thread and see that AS doesn't read Album Artists tag either yet Kodi must read that tag. I have albums that are tagged as Various Artists and Kodi displays a various artists fanart to match this tag.
Would be great if this could happen in AS as well.

AS doesn't read any of the tags on the files at all. When a song starts AS asks Kodi what is playing and then figures out the artwork it needs to show. If Kodi actually says the artist is "Various Artists," then AS will show the Various Artists images from fanart.tv (assuming you have the fanart.tv download enabled). If Kodi says that the song has multiple artists (which is different from various artists), then AS will attempt to find, download, and display artwork for every one of the artists.

If you have things you think should be showing the Various Artists images that don't, please enable debug logging for AS (in the AS settings) as well as Kodi and then post a link to the log.
Hi i got a question,

I use the cdArt Manger addon to get all the extrafanart/logo and stuff for my music collection.

cdArt manger have a option to replace illegal Characters, for example all the R.E.M. images are in a folder called R.E.M_

If i play R.E.M., AS dont recognize the folder from cdArt Manager, instead AS download all the pictures again and place them in a Folder named "RP85G1~P"

So I have all the Images twice...

would it be possible to use the same replace illegal characters option from cdArt Manger in AS? So AS use the images that are downloaded by cdArt Manager.
(2016-01-07, 23:48)meowmoo Wrote: Hi i got a question,

I use the cdArt Manger addon to get all the extrafanart/logo and stuff for my music collection.

cdArt manger have a option to replace illegal Characters, for example all the R.E.M. images are in a folder called R.E.M_

If i play R.E.M., AS dont recognize the folder from cdArt Manager, instead AS download all the pictures again and place them in a Folder named "RP85G1~P"

would it be possible to use the same replace illegal characters option from cdArt Manger in AS? So AS use the images that are downloaded by cdArt Manager.

I have to start by pointing out that a period at the end of the folder name is not an illegal character on any platform as far as I know. So that makes me less inclined to use the illegal character logic used by cdArt manager. If someone can send me the illegal character logic for cdArt Manager, I'll look at it. No promises though.
Thanks for the quick answer

on windows a folder named "R.E.M." is missing the last period. not really a illegal character, but the first thing come to my mind

I will ask the current author of cdArt manger if he can send you the illegal character logic
Hi, meowmoo uses my version of cdART Manager.

Windows cannot handle files and directories with names ending on periods.

The logic is customizable by the user, he can choose if he wants to use the function at all, only replace certain characters and/or if he wants to remove trailing periods (and spaces). The replacement character is also user definable. So there's no really easy way of "synchronizing" the functionality I think. You can check change_characters in https://github.com/stefansielaff/script....b/utils.py for details.

I'm currently rebuilding the addon, so everything is subject to review. But I currently don't think I'll change that because it's a pain to remove these folders once they're created from within python. Only possible through cmd oder powershell or... python Wink
I took a look at the change_characters from stefan's github, and I see what it's doing. The thing is, implementing this in AS would be a pretty substantial effort. Not only do I have to make sure directories get written out with the right names, I have to rewrite the entire logic for matching an artist name to a folder name. AS originally dealt with this kind of issues by hashing the artist name (and it still does that for stuff that it downloads). So the only time this comes up is if you have your own directory of artwork you want to use. The worst case is that AS can't find a directory match in your stuff and downloads a few extra files. I know that isn't ideal, and I suppose it is technically a bug, but I don't think I'm going to try and address it. If someone gets inspired and wants to implement the cdART Manager exclusion character logic, I'd accept a pull request and review it.
(2016-01-08, 00:12)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 23:48)meowmoo Wrote: Hi i got a question,

I have to start by pointing out that a period at the end of the folder name is not an illegal character on any platform as far as I know. So that makes me less inclined to use the illegal character logic used by cdArt manager. If someone can send me the illegal character logic for cdArt Manager, I'll look at it. No promises though.

If I may chime in here, as I've suffered this very issue with an artist name ending in with a period character. It will work fine on Linux, which is where my media is stored (Linux-based NAS), the problems start in Windows. If you have a folder ending in a trailing period that's synced as it exists in Linux with something like Rsync or another sync tool back to Windows, one of two things will occur. 1. Either windows will give the folder name a differing name (using random characters), or 2. It will treat the folder as if it's a file, not a folder, and then navigation into said folder will be impossible. The only way to then manipulate the folder item is to use a force deletion tool like "Unlocker" to remove the offending entry as Windows will spit out errors whenever you try to do anything with it (Usually file/folder not found errors).

Windows also doesn't like folders with leading periods either, and I have an album which comes under that criteria, but I guess that's another issue.

Gib.
Hi,

I've been using your add-on for a long time, on a cubox-i 2, with openelec, Aeon Nox skin.

After updating openelec to 6.0.1. the add-on stopped working.

Is this a known issue or do I have to change settings / configuration of the add-on or the skin?

Thanks for a short feedback.
(2016-02-07, 12:16)1artner Wrote: Hi,

I've been using your add-on for a long time, on a cubox-i 2, with openelec, Aeon Nox skin.

After updating openelec to 6.0.1. the add-on stopped working.

Is this a known issue or do I have to change settings / configuration of the add-on or the skin?

Thanks for a short feedback.

I don't know of anything off hand that would cause AS to stop working after an OS update. I'd need some debug log files (make sure to turn on debug logging in AS *and* Kodi) to see if anything jumps out.
Similar problem for me after updating to 6.0.1. But it didn't stop working, it just stopped working correctly. Now AS cycles through the background images of artists already in my library, but doesn't show artwork for the actual artist playing and doesn't seem to be downloading any new artwork. Same effect whether I play a local file or use an addon. I'm hoping if I go in and delete the cache, that'll fix it, but haven't had time to poke around in there yet.
If somebody will post some log files I will look into it. Otherwise there's zero I can do. I don't have an Ubuntu box on which to test this.
I'll try to find a way to upload some log files.

Not sure what version of OpenElec this is, but running Kodi15.2 (Raspberry Pi 2)

(Still looking for where to find the log).

Edited: Don't know WHAT happend, but just now I see some artwork popup.
Pkscout, thanks for your reply. I was a little short on time, lately...

I am usually running AS with debugging log on, but haven't been able to locate the actual log files, yet. What path do they go to?

Don't know if this helps anything, but here's a link to my latest kodi & system log, as .txt files. I am not too experienced in the forum file [/php][/quote]uploading business, so I hope this works... Confused

http://1drv.ms/1PT5mIa
(2016-02-13, 14:44)1artner Wrote: Pkscout, thanks for your reply. I was a little short on time, lately...

I am usually running AS with debugging log on, but haven't been able to locate the actual log files, yet. What path do they go to?

Don't know if this helps anything, but here's a link to my latest kodi & system log, as .txt files. I am not too experienced in the forum file uploading business, so I hope this works... Confused

http://1drv.ms/1PT5mIa

AS adds it's logging to the Kodi log. I looked through the log, I never see any music playing. AS is designed to download and show artwork when music is playing.
(2016-02-13, 18:59)pkscout Wrote: AS adds it's logging to the Kodi log. I looked through the log, I never see any music playing. AS is designed to download and show artwork when music is playing.

I have updated the log, after music was playing. Please check again. Same link.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5