• 116(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Thank you pkscout for your huge help. i did everything you recomended and it seems to solve the problem. kodi is running music playlist for the last 6 Hrs with no ERRORs.
(2016-09-06, 23:40)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 16:38)fewzhon Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 03:51)pkscout Wrote: Yup. Check the wiki page under the NEW SKIN PROPERTIES section. The one at the end tells you if there is an image ready yet.

Hi @pkscout, thank you for your response, i assume i need to insert the scripts into MusicVisualizations.xml if so my hugh apology for my inexperience but at which point of the xmls do i instead the script below. (i do wish there was YouTube tutorials on Koda xmls i'ld indulge in them all day lol)

"Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshowTransparent)"
Let's the skin know that the user has enabled the option to have AS use a transparent background when no artist images are found."

It kind of depends on the skin. I actually implemented this for a skin developer, but I've never used it in any of the skin mods I've done, so I don't really know where the best place would be to use it. You might check in the thread for whatever skin you are using and see if anyone can help.

@pkscout, thank you for your response, much appreciate it, im using mod eminence 2.0, ill check this with the developer and see how far i can get lol, thank you again.
Hi pkscout, AS have been working flawlessly for me so far but I have 2 sugestions that might be worth to looking into:

- Some artists have one or two fanarts available only, so, a slideshow of less than 4 images sounds way poor, in thoses cases would be possible for all artists with less of 3 or 4 fanarts to show only one?

- I noticed that when I play a song of a 'Various Artists' album artist AS will look will look for artist fanart, is it possible when none is found to display a generic VA fanart instead of a black screen?
(2016-09-11, 21:02)onewaytrigger Wrote: Hi pkscout, AS have been working flawlessly for me so far but I have 2 sugestions that might be worth to looking into:

- Some artists have one or two fanarts available only, so, a slideshow of less than 4 images sounds way poor, in thoses cases would be possible for all artists with less of 3 or 4 fanarts to show only one?

- I noticed that when I play a song of a 'Various Artists' album artist AS will look will look for artist fanart, is it possible when none is found to display a generic VA fanart instead of a black screen?

I am going to have to respectfully disagree about the first one. I think if there is more than 1 image it should change so it is not just the same image. I'd rather see 2 different than just the same one.

As for the second, that can be handled skin side. If you enable the "Use transparent background when no artist images found" option and have fanart associated with Various Artists then the following code can be used.
Code:
String.EndsWith(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow),transparent)
There might be a better way to do it but that is what I am using so it falls back to Artist fanart when that option is used.
(2016-09-11, 21:02)onewaytrigger Wrote: - Some artists have one or two fanarts available only, so, a slideshow of less than 4 images sounds way poor, in thoses cases would be possible for all artists with less of 3 or 4 fanarts to show only one?

That's not really something I'm interested in pursuing as an option.

Quote:- I noticed that when I play a song of a 'Various Artists' album artist AS will look will look for artist fanart, is it possible when none is found to display a generic VA fanart instead of a black screen?

Check out the wiki page (link in my signature). There is an option where you can set a folder of images to use if no images are found.
(2016-09-12, 00:02)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-09-11, 21:02)onewaytrigger Wrote: - Some artists have one or two fanarts available only, so, a slideshow of less than 4 images sounds way poor, in thoses cases would be possible for all artists with less of 3 or 4 fanarts to show only one?

That's not really something I'm interested in pursuing as an option.

Yes, like mikeSiLVO, 'the more, the better'. I realized that what bothers me a little on those cases is the time of exposion of each fanart. If I'm not wrong it is currently 10 sec per image, perhaps you could rise it a little or make it adjustable for the user.

Quote:- I noticed that when I play a song of a 'Various Artists' album artist AS will look will look for artist fanart, is it possible when none is found to display a generic VA fanart instead of a black screen?

Quote:Check out the wiki page (link in my signature). There is an option where you can set a folder of images to use if no images are found.

I already did that but for some reason I had turned the transparent background on, just turned it off again and worked.
(2016-09-12, 05:00)onewaytrigger Wrote: Yes, like mikeSiLVO, 'the more, the better'. I realized that what bothers me a little on those cases is the time of exposion of each fanart. If I'm not wrong it is currently 10 sec per image, perhaps you could rise it a little or make it adjustable for the user.

The length of time is set by the skin. AS is designed to look best with 10 seconds per image, but the skin can set the time however it wants. Basically when AS is downloading images it starts displaying an image as soon as it's downloaded. As other images are downloaded, AS weaves them in based on a ten second time between image transition. So if a skin sets it to something different the only time you'd really notice is during artwork download. The images will seem to change at random intervals for a bit.
Are you working on a mod for krypton ? Or ...does estuary support AS ?

THX
Christian
(2016-09-12, 09:21)tramCS Wrote: Are you working on a mod for krypton ? Or ...does estuary support AS ?

Estuary does not support AS. I will be doing a mod for Estuary and put it in my repo, and I'll check the Confluence mod I have and see if it still works in Krypton. If it doesn't, I'll at least port the AS mods into the Krypton version of Confluence.
Thanks.
Jarvis 16.1 ==> I have tried to install repository.skins.pkscout-master.zip. Unfortunally it doesnt function. Do you have a hint for me ?

I have enabled Debug Log, but there is nearly nothing to see.
(2016-09-13, 08:31)tramCS Wrote: Jarvis 16.1 ==> I have tried to install repository.skins.pkscout-master.zip. Unfortunally it doesnt function. Do you have a hint for me ?

I have enabled Debug Log, but there is nearly nothing to see.

It looks like you downloaded the zip of the GitHub repository, and the master branch is intentionally empty. Use this link to download my skin repo:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.sk...-1.1.0.zip
With the release of Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 and the change of maintainers, Ronie and I decided it was a good time to start a new thread.
(2016-09-13, 11:48)georgetgonzales Wrote: With the release of Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 and the change of maintainers, Ronie and I decided it was a good time to start a new thread.

Not sure who this is, but just to be clear, there has been no new change of maintainers for AS and there is no new thread. AS is at 2.x, and I'm still maintaining it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OK ... fine ... works ... Thanks.

Christian
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5