• 117(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
I'm using Kodi 16.1, skin Arctic Zephyr, and Artist Slideshow 2.0.2, and can't seem to get background images to show.

I've left Artist Slideshow config details at their defaults (so no local directory selected, and kept it at "remote first"). Only source is still htbackdrops.org. When I hit run on the addon, nothing seems to happen. And then when I play music, it just shows a black background. Thoughts?
(2016-09-19, 07:05)Magic815 Wrote: I'm using Kodi 16.1, skin Arctic Zephyr, and Artist Slideshow 2.0.2, and can't seem to get background images to show.

I've left Artist Slideshow config details at their defaults (so no local directory selected, and kept it at "remote first"). Only source is still htbackdrops.org. When I hit run on the addon, nothing seems to happen. And then when I play music, it just shows a black background. Thoughts?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2409128

ive tried this enquire i believe the issue lies with the skin it self, the addon artist slideshow works well. this depends on the skin it self

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2411554
(2016-09-19, 07:05)Magic815 Wrote: I'm using Kodi 16.1, skin Arctic Zephyr, and Artist Slideshow 2.0.2, and can't seem to get background images to show.

If your only source is htbackdrops, I think it's still down. I may have to release an update to AS that either removes that source or doesn't set it as the default source.

Try enabling theaudiodb.com as an image source and see what happens. If you've tagged your music with the MuiscBrainz ID for the artist, you can also try fanart.tv. If that doesn't help, I'd need a debug log with both Kodi and AS debugging enabled.
I did some more checking. htbackdrops isn't down, but they appear to have removed API access, or at least invalidated the API key for Artist Slideshow. There is no information on their site now about the API, no contact information, and no login (so it doesn't even look like you can submit images anymore). Given all this, unless someone has more information on htbackdrops I'm going to consider them dead and remove the support from AS.
I see from the wiki that its possible to call AS manually. This is something I'm currently looking into to try and add artist backgrounds for radio stations that don't use ICY or Shoutcast streams and therefore don't have artist/track info embedded in the stream. I can get the artist and track info no problem and set the required properties. However, as most skins these days support AS with an <onload> condition, it will already be running before my addon wants to call it.

I know it sets a property for it's own internal use and I just wanted to confirm with you that if I check for that, then call xbmc.executebuiltin(StopScript(script.artistslideshow)) and wait until getProperty("ArtistSlideshow.CleanupComplete") == "True" that that's the correct way to shut it down before I call it with my own parameters ?

Thanks
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I'd be careful about flooding these sites with requests, thats probably why the guy took it down Wink
(2016-09-20, 10:17)zag Wrote: I'd be careful about flooding these sites with requests, thats probably why the guy took it down Wink

At this point AS is as gentle as it can be. Images are only downloaded once (unless the user deletes them, and I can't control that) and updates are only requested every 8 - 12 weeks. The only way to reduce the load anymore is just to have AS not download any images at all.

I wish more people would donate to these site to help keep them running, as they are the only reason AS can exist. But since folks don't, we are down to 2 sources for images now (and one requires you tag your music with the artist's MusicBrainzID. So here is my plea to everyone using Artist Slideshow. If you like AS, then please for the love of all that is holy donate to these two sites:

theaudiodb: http://theaudiodb.com
fanart.tv: https://fanart.tv/contribute/

If we lose another image source, I'll probably just stop maintaining this.
(2016-09-20, 07:32)black_eagle Wrote: I see from the wiki that its possible to call AS manually. This is something I'm currently looking into to try and add artist backgrounds for radio stations that don't use ICY or Shoutcast streams and therefore don't have artist/track info embedded in the stream. I can get the artist and track info no problem and set the required properties. However, as most skins these days support AS with an <onload> condition, it will already be running before my addon wants to call it.

I know it sets a property for it's own internal use and I just wanted to confirm with you that if I check for that, then call xbmc.executebuiltin(StopScript(script.artistslideshow)) and wait until getProperty("ArtistSlideshow.CleanupComplete") == "True" that that's the correct way to shut it down before I call it with my own parameters ?

Thanks

Calling AS manually was built assuming the addon is providing it's own playback window (see the Squeezebox addon as an example). I have no idea what will happen if you try and override what the skin is doing. I suspect nothing good.
2.0.3 Released

v.2.0.3
- removed support for htbackdrops.org (API access no longer available)
- fix for crash when theaudiodb.com doesn't respond with valid JSON

This is in my beta repo now. It should show up in the main kodi.tv repo within a week or so.
Shame about htbackdrops..
I thought that website was almost made with things like Kodi in mind...
hi pkscout,
do you have xml files available to support kodis new default skin? thanks.
(2016-09-25, 11:39)Ed76 Wrote: hi pkscout,
do you have xml files available to support kodis new default skin? thanks.

Not yet. I'm waiting until Kodi 17 reaches at least golden master before doing the mods so that I don't have to keep checking to see if anything changed during one of the betas.
Hi pkscout ! I'm experiencing a new bug with AS 2.0.3, Kodi Krypton beta 3 and Madnox RC2

All my info shows up correctly except the images for similar artists and albums. I store everything locally and have been using the override folder structure since you made it available.
I have the name of the albums and the name of the similar artists but no picture for them. Slideshow is working fine though.
Any idea why ?
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2016-10-09, 14:31)Lockos Wrote: Hi pkscout ! I'm experiencing a new bug with AS 2.0.3, Kodi Krypton beta 3 and Madnox RC2

All my info shows up correctly except the images for similar artists and albums. I store everything locally and have been using the override folder structure since you made it available.
I have the name of the albums and the name of the similar artists but no picture for them. Slideshow is working fine though.
Any idea why ?

When was the last time this was working for you? I didn't rigorously test the override stuff when 2.0 came out, so it's possible there's a problem of which I'm unaware. If this was working with the 2.x release before, I haven't changed anything there between 2.0 and 2.0.3, so you might need to check with the skin author (AS doesn't actually display anything, it just sets skin properties so the skin can do something with the information).

Could you enable debug logging in AS and Kodi, try a few artists, and post the log?
(2016-10-09, 17:51)pkscout Wrote: When was the last time this was working for you? I didn't rigorously test the override stuff when 2.0 came out, so it's possible there's a problem of which I'm unaware. If this was working with the 2.x release before, I haven't changed anything there between 2.0 and 2.0.3, so you might need to check with the skin author (AS doesn't actually display anything, it just sets skin properties so the skin can do something with the information).

Could you enable debug logging in AS and Kodi, try a few artists, and post the log?

I'm sorry but I don't know exactly when was the last time it worked because of two reasons :

- I don't use music in Kodi everyday
- Addon updates run in the background so it's difficult to keep track of whatever version was working or not, sorry !

What I do know is that i recently switched to krypton and to the krypton version of Madnox, so maybe it is skin related !

Anyway, since you asked, here's my log : http://gofile.me/2Xkrq/mVrkE4Wdn

Thanks a lot for your precious help and keep up the good work !
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5