[WINDOWS]Is there any chance to manually override the current cache/buffer settings?
Smile 
First, my network is completely fine(might not be great).

It is fine most of the time when watching online streaming music video through XBMC's VEVO plug in. However, some files on their servers would offer a very poor transfer rate, for example, a 6Mbits 1080P MV with only 2Mbit/sec speed, which means 8-10times buffering during one song.

I don't have the intention to buy/download those specific songs(about 10% of them would have lag issue) and would rather to buffer the song 1-2minute before it starts to play.

It occurs to me that XBMC only has 5MB buffer and it stops to buffer when 5MB is full
Is there any chance to manually override that size? like 50MB for example?

It is still not perfect but at least playable for most of the songs.

Thanks and appreciate for all the great works the devs have done.
Check out <cachemembuffersize> in <network> in your advancedsettings.xml

EDIT: Moved to windows specific support board (although it's not windows specific).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:Check out <cachemembuffersize> in <network> in your advancedsettings.xml

EDIT: Moved to windows specific support board (although it's not windows specific).
already done that, nothing really changes
the size of cache memory is still 5MB, the number you entered in advancedsettings.xml doesn't take effect at all
And to make one thing clear, increasing buffer size doesn't necessarily means extended waiting time. This would work fine especially for continuously played files.
Following the assumptions in #1, after the buffer pool increased, since most files are fine, the system might buffer the next bad file(low rate) when the good files are close to end.
Does anyone know if there is a way to have the file buffer until the cache is full before it begins playing (other then pausing the video obviously)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS]Is there any chance to manually override the current cache/buffer settings?0