Is there a way to group sources in folders?
I've recently decided I want to add lots of RSS sources, but I don't want to have them all individually appear at the top level. I have several SMB sources organized by subject and type (Movies, TV Shows, Family Videos, etc) and I'd like to add a folder for Podcasts, under which all my RSS feeds would appear. Basically, I don't want to clutter up my nice top level Video screen with dozens of individual podcast feed sources, I want them all grouped together under a single directory so they are effectively organized together like my other sources.

Is there a way to create a directory or similar effect under which I can group sources? As far as I know, sources can only be added to the top level. Is there some other way to create this effect? Perhaps a way to create a file directory containing an OPML file or a bunch of RSS files and create a source to point to it?
Add the Source Podcast and add all the source URLs to it. Its already ment to be used that way ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Adding multiple RSS feeds to a single source puts all the feed articles into the same list, which is what I'm trying to avoid! I want a listing of feeds, and the articles of each feed grouped together under it's name.

When I add all my feeds to a single source, I get a single folder with thousands of podcasts from all the different feeds all mixed together with no effective way of even knowing which feed each is from, and it takes several minutes to load each time I enter the directory as it refreshes all the feeds!

Is there any way to get a folder for each RSS feed so the content for that feed is grouped only with itself? I just want a folder structure something like this:

Videos
--Family Videos
--Movies
--Podcasts
----Feed 1
------Article 1
------Article 2
------Article n
----Feed 2
------Article 1
------Article n
----Feed 3
------Article n
----Feed n
--TV Shows

Even if I had control of the article titles (which come from the RSS content) so they could be made to identify which feed they come from, having all the feeds in a single source is not practical because of the large number of articles. A lot of these feeds have content going back years, with hundreds of articles. I want them all, just not all mixed together and instead simply sorted by feed. I think it's pretty reasonable to want to organize RSS content by feed and not require all feeds to be mixed together in a single source. Is there a way to accomplish something like this without having each feed at the listing top level? I know I can do it with a source for each feed, I just want all the sources to be in a Podcasts folder at the top level, not cluttering up the top level itself.
You can't currently do this, no. My video library reorganisation branch would support it (after Eden). Check my github should you wish to play around.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok, thanks for the info.

Since I'm not really using the Music section at all, maybe I'll add all my RSS feeds there at the top level since it seems like they play ok whether they are video or audio. I'll may look into renaming Music to Podcasts if it's not much hassle.

I'll create a separate topic for the other problem I'm having, the excessive feed refreshing that happens after viewing a video or waking up the screensaver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to group sources in folders?0