Skin Switch
Posting this to see if anyone knows the cause, and if i need to act to prevent it from reoccurring.

Mid movie last night my pc rebooted and would not output via hdmi thereafter (screen remained black), when i rebooted, several times it repeated this cycle then after a few minutes when it fired up XBMC had reverted to Confluence (my skin of choice being Influence) and all my settings were lost, everything default like a new install. No system restore points were available. Ran windows repair disc and It 'could not repair', but after reboot the system stayed on.

Have run virus/spyware/registery scans now and all seems well again.

Any theorys ?

Sorry, i committed the cardinal sin and forgot to include my system specs, slaps head.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/CCL tower unit/Sapphire hd5450 Radeon graphics card/AMD Athlon 64 x 2 dual core processor 2.70 ghz 2 gb RAM
This happened again tonight, PC restarted during movie, and luckily worked afterwards this time, really annoying though.

One thing i noticed was that it did not remember my stop point in the movie, like we'd never watched it.

I'll post a log tomorrow. (should have in the first place!)
http://pastebin.com/7v7FZr7C

Does this standard log offer any explanation, or do i need to enable debug log and wait for it to happen again?

Thanks in advance.
You got a BSOD (or several, it seems). It happened to me in the past. Also had the same 'could not repair' message.
Since I wanted to get a SSD, I figured it was a good time to do it. Since the new drive and of course a new install of Win 7, no more problems like that.
In the meantime you should backup your userdata folder so you won't lose all your settings...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Haven't actually seen a single blue screen, and always it fires back up, last night right away and i finished the movie.

Will get a new tower if i have to, but is that my only option?
it sounds like your hd is giving up. had this same problem. check your system event log for disk errors.
Thanks guys, i'll check that log.

Ran normally last night so fingers crossed!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Switch0