New system for XBMC
Hi

I've been reading these forums and wanted some advice if possible.

Looking at the zbox id80 but open to suggestions

I'm wanting a system which doesn't produce loads of heat, would like it not to be that noisy. turn on from a ir command (system on standby should be fine). run full 1080p video without issues.

I would like the system solely for xbmc with no gaming requirements. I have my movies and music backed upto a NAS drive so storage isn't an issue. I'm worried that the id80 might struggle with custom skins if i decide to have windows 7 on it. Been looking at the asrock i3 systems but i dont want my av cupboard to get that hot.

Budget around 300-400 pounds.

Thanks for your help and guidance

Steve
it might struggle yeah, its still an ATOM processor...

if only they would still make the famous ZBOX ND22..

u could use OpenELEC tho.
steveochi Wrote:Hi

I've been reading these forums and wanted some advice if possible.

Looking at the zbox id80 but open to suggestions

I'm wanting a system which doesn't produce loads of heat, would like it not to be that noisy. turn on from a ir command (system on standby should be fine). run full 1080p video without issues.

I would like the system solely for xbmc with no gaming requirements. I have my movies and music backed upto a NAS drive so storage isn't an issue. I'm worried that the id80 might struggle with custom skins if i decide to have windows 7 on it. Been looking at the asrock i3 systems but i dont want my av cupboard to get that hot.

Budget around 300-400 pounds.

Thanks for your help and guidance

Steve

I agree with eskro, nd22 is (was) an excellent option especially with openelec, but too bad it is discontinued and is rather hard to find.

Regarding the id80, this review shows that it has horrible performance, worse than the old atom N330 (in terms of cpu power). I am a little confused as to the actual performance of the newest atoms.
i always disliked ATOM CPU's Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New system for XBMC0