XBMC CPU usage climbs from 10% to 25% in 24h on latest Dharma
I noticed that when I start up XBMC on my 2.5Ghz Mac Mini, it takes about 10% CPU in Activity Monitor while doing nothing, but when I check on it a day later, it's taking 25% or so. I don't see any reason why XBMC should be working so much harder a day later, is this a known problem with the Mac version or with XBMC in general?
Quote:I don't see any reason why XBMC should be working so much harder a day later, is this a known problem with the Mac version or with XBMC in general?
A debug log would probably tell you what XBMC is doing.

I don't see any problem.

25% out of 400% not much at all. If you were really worried about "pushing it" then you should turn it off when you're not using it.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I'll take a look at the log, but I've never had any piece of software that keeps consuming more and more CPU as time goes on while it's not doing anything!
Hauser Wrote:I'll take a look at the log, but I've never had any piece of software that keeps consuming more and more CPU as time goes on while it's not doing anything!

patches welcome.
And people wonder why open source never captured the consumer market! Big Grin
You try making this kinda software on a volunteer bases and completely free :dodgy:
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-13, 00:46)Hauser Wrote: And people wonder why open source never captured the consumer market! Big Grin

If someone could flip a switch and make it use 0 CPU when idle, they'd have done it already. These guys work their asses off to make XBMC as efficient as possible. It's a cross platform program with the goal of improving without breaking everything at the same time.

Do not mistake the responses here as disinterest in the issue. The responses here are to a demanding user who wants everything perfect and free right away without even attempting to understand the situation.
(2012-03-10, 14:43)Hauser Wrote: I'll take a look at the log, but I've never had any piece of software that keeps consuming more and more CPU as time goes on while it's not doing anything!

You think it is not doing anything, but it is doing something. What you see on the screen does not show up there magically.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC CPU usage climbs from 10% to 25% in 24h on latest Dharma0