Menu Image distortion? This may help you
After much time investment I finally figured out what was causing background images in XBMC to slightly shift pixels when scrolling through menus. Figured I would share this information in the hopes that it may help someone else. After changing this setting it has made the navigation much more fluid and pleasing to the eye.

This ended up being a TV setting, so this may or may not be an option for you. I happen to have a Panasonic - TC-P50G20

I imagine other Panasonic models if not other TV brands also have this option or something similar.

What you'll need to change to correct this problem -

1) Menu (on your TV remote)
2) Press "Ok" on your remote to go into Picture Options sub menu (should be the top option)
3) Scroll down until you see "Blur Reduction" (should be page 2/3)
4) Toggle Blur Reduction to "Off"

What Blur Reduction claims to accomplish is the following - "Improves moving picture quality. Additional sub-fields are created to reduce motion blur."

What ends up happening when this feature is toggled "On" is not improved moving picture quality at all. Not for me at least. It causes an issue with main menu backgrounds as well as TV Show and Movie fanart backgrounds. While scrolling you'll get a "temporary display" of the image and then it's as if it very quickly jerks certain pixels back into the correct x,y coordinates. Very irritating and takes away from the seamless experience.

If you're experiencing similar issues with background images I hope that this simple fix is applicable to you.

- Hyp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu Image distortion? This may help you0