Excessive refreshing of sources that include RSS feeds?
When I create a source for an RSS feed, is there any way to stop the automatic refreshing of the feed every time it wakes up from screensaver or finishes playing a video? One feed for example that takes a long time to load is rss://eevblog.com/feed since it has lots of video content. It's super annoying to wait a minute or more for the feed to refresh just to get back to the list after playing a video! Even worse is that my screensaver is set to 1 minute, and I have to keep the screen active until it finishes refreshing just so I can go back a level and get out of the list, otherwise the screensaver kicks in and I have to refresh all over again just to get out. The xml itself loads fast, but I think XBMC is indexing all the video content which takes some time.

Refreshing the feed upon entry into the source is expected, but rebuilding the list each time something finishes playing, or even on waking up the screensaver is really excessive and makes watching RSS video feeds frustratingly tedious!

I'd like to have the feed refresh only when I first open the source, not each time I return to the list after playing a video or waking up the screensaver. Is there any way to accomplish this or similar behavior?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Excessive refreshing of sources that include RSS feeds?0