[WINDOWS] System Locks When Monitor Turned Off
OS Version: Windows 7 Ultimate sp1
Architecture: x64
Ram: 6gb
Video Card: Nvidia gtx 260 v285.62
Sound Card: DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1/16 bit Sound Card with Dolby Digital Live XS71DDL Driver v.3.0
TV: Samsung LN52A650 52-Inch LCD
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V667 7.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver
XBMC Version: 11.0 rc2

Video Card Driver:
Version:
295.73 WHQL
Release Date:
Operating System:
Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit
Language:
English (U.S.)
File Size:
157 MB

Problem:
I start the computer and wait for Windows to load. I open XBMC. Everything is fine. I turn off the TV, then I turn the TV back on. I get a hard lock almost every time. Every once in a while I will hear the windows sound detecting the new TV being turned on. I have tried both windowed mode as well as full screen mode and get the same results.

I was having the same issue last week and decided to completely wipe the hard drive and reload windows, drivers, etc. I am still having the exact same issue.

I went out and also purchased Nvidia GT520 graphics card to verify it was a video hardware issue and had exactly the same issue.

I do not experience any other locks. It is only when XBMC is running that I get the hard freezes.

So what I did
Started Debugging Mode
Closed XBMC
Opened XBMC
Gave it a chance to start
Turned off the TV
Turned on the TV
Held reset until it shut down
Booted back up

Here is the log before the crash:
http://pastebin.com/n2NXEeE1

Here is the log after the crash:
http://pastebin.com/bLTjGU9f

I have reviewed my windows log and there is nothing in there at all. I am guessing this is because it is a hard lock.

Any help would be appreciated. I have been struggling with this for months.
Some HDMI devices causes some weird reactions of Windows and in turn XBMC. They happen only for some combinations of hardware, and unless a dev happens to have the same hardware, those problems are tricky to debug and fix. So unfortunately, don't hold your breath... or sponsor identical hardware for a dev Smile
Some users report improvements with an hdmi repeater or hdmi detective , you can search the forums for details.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
One solution that I have found that has "kind of" worked it to bypass the receiver with video and run straight to the TV. This has seemed to have solved most of my issues. I still don't get the problem but at least I have a working solution.

Thank you for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] System Locks When Monitor Turned Off0