Resolution settings keep changing
Same here!

A solution would be nice...
I guess nobody fingered this out yet Sad
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
I am experiencing this exact same problem. Although I could set my desktop resolution to match, it would be much easier to have the benefit of having XBMC stick its resolution setting permanently and behave independently. I am confident there is a solution to this problem, however, it may not be user based. Is there a place where I could request such an update be made from the developers. I know this is an opensource and contributed effort, so I am happy to contribute for such a solution. I think it would be a good idea to have a page where some, if of their own choosing, could contribute payment for solutions. Then these solution payments could benefit the entire community as most likely many other could use them.
Well after playing around a bit with the options in my ATI/AMD HD3300 settings I discovered that it supports multiple desktops. This got me curious and I stumbled upon a solution. It is a fairly cumbersome solution, but ive tested it many time and seems to work as a temp fix or work around at least.

1. Enabled multiple desktop support in AMD engine vision control, aka catalyst.
2. Set number of desktops to 2
3. Set my primary desktop to to 1 and set its resolution to 1360x768.
4. Switched to secondary desktop 2 and set its resolution to 1920x1080.
5. Launched XBMC on desktop 2 and set its resolution to 1920x1080.
6. Used ATL-TAB to switch to desktop screen, on number 2 at this point.
7. Used mouse wheel with <CLRL> modifier to switch back to desktop 1.
8. Now all my web stuff and other things are in 1360x768 as desired.
9. Switch back over to desktop 2, clicked back on minimized XBMC window.
10. Everything in XBMC display remained at 1080p as desired!
If you leave a video paused while in 1080p mode before you ALT-TAB out of XBMC, then it will switch back when you make it fullscreen again. This seems to be the least intrusive workaround for me.
Nice to know this is still an issue two years later.
Yep...and I still have the same issue. Oh, well...not that big of a deal. Smile
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
I am having a similar issue. I use splashtop to log into my xbmc box from my ipad to do other things. Even though I don't actively use xbmc while connected (it runs at 1024x786), and even though I manually disconnect when I'm done, the next time I use xbmc it's set to 1024x768. Drives me CRAZY!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution settings keep changing0