PVR support ..
Lightbulb 
Hi folks,

one of the greatest milestones of XBMC will be the PVR support. 'cause a lot of skinning people don't have / don't use PVR hardware here is a link how to enable PVR dummy support to test and develop the PVR parts of a skin:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125051

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Maybe so but it's still only useful for Linux users
Exactly what I was going to post.

I have no need for PVR but I'm willing to take a look if I can make it work more or less hassle free on OS X. It has been requested several times but without a way to try it, it's hard to code it up.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Jezz_X Wrote:Maybe so but it's still only useful for Linux users

why Huh?

At least if you use the "IPTV over TV backend" approch, it should be useful for Windows developers too, since with Mediaportal there is a TV backend with IPTV for windows .. and it's even possible without headache to have a linux tv backend running in a virtual machine - just install OpenELEC or yaVDR as full featured out-of-the-box solution with VirtualBox , or you install a *buntu + TVHeadend there (a solution that is used in the field and not only for testing purposes ) ..

Okay, much easier is it to buy a USB DVB-T stick for 10-20 bucks ..

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
LastCoder Wrote:Hi folks,

one of the greatest milestones of XBMC will be the PVR support. 'cause a lot of skinning people don't have / don't use PVR hardware here is a link how to enable PVR dummy support to test and develop the PVR parts of a skin:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125051

Greetz

LastCoder

+1

The idea of having PVR dummy support to test and develop the PVR parts of a skin sounds really good to me.

I wish it could be possible, I think that it would definitely benefit all of us, users of skins with PVR support, since our choices are really shorter than the rest when it comes to choosing a skin.
Openelec yavdr and tvheadend are still all Linux based lol what it needs is someone to help get the dummy addon to compile on the other platforms not just the Linux one
Jezz_X Wrote:Openelec yavdr and tvheadend are still all Linux based lol what it needs is someone to help get the dummy addon to compile on the other platforms not just the Linux one

.. ever heard something about virtualbox ? Just install that stuff to virtual machine with windows or maxos as host; you can share drives and files between host and virtual machine, you have network connection and you can connect your xbmc to these tv backends running inside the virtual machine ..

OR

you use IPTV with Mediaportal (windows based) and you go ..

Greetz

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR support ..0