• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
(2012-06-25, 23:55)mazkolain Wrote: 1.0-beta1 fixed the restart issue on some platforms like OSX and Linux. Anyway, if you are using a custom XBMC build including spotyxbmc you may still experience the issue, as they don't play well between each other. I'm not blaming spotyxbmc, and the issue is probably related to the fact that libspotify doesn't allow to create simmultaneous sessions on the same process.

With xbmcbuntu and spotimc beat1, if you exit spotimc with the exit button in the app, you can restart it just fine. But if you press the home button, you cannot get back into spotimc without restarting.
So if you for example would like to play some songs with spotimc, and then browse your movies while the music is playing. you can not get back into spotimc to change music without restarting. Is it possible maybe to bind a hotkey to jump back to the same spotimc session, instead of trying to start a new?

Thumbs Up 
(2012-05-31, 16:17)manutheslayer Wrote: Hi, after trying another skin and changing back to the confluence skin it works now.

Thanks! That worked for me too! On my machine (Windows 7) it doesn't show anything.
Changed the skin like you said and there it is. It showed me my playlists and everything.
Updated and works like a charm! I know you are calling it a beta, but I've seen "finished" products which couldn't measure up to this. Congratulations!
All I wish for now is the radio option and I will be a happy camper!
(2012-06-06, 00:22)oro2 Wrote: Thanks for a great plugin.

One question: Is fanarts supposed to work in fullscreen? I only get a black background. I had the same problem in spotyxbmc2. It works for local music.

Have anyone experienced this problem?
This is
F A N T A S T I C

Just works fine on my: OpenELEC 2.0 Beta 4(1.95.4) [XBMC-Eden]
(AMD Fusion)
(2012-06-11, 19:40)mazkolain Wrote: I'm currently waiting for a nightly build for ATV2 to come out in order to test the addon with, but didn't know that ffmpeg issues were keeping these ones on hold. Thanks for the info!

BTW, Spotimc won't work yet on iPad/iPhone, as the ios version of libspotify is not provided by the installation package.

Just a quick heads-up, and a question:

Nightly builds of XBMC for ATV2 are back online as the libav / ffmpeg bug has been fixed (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/ )

At the time of writing the post above you state that the iOS version of libspotify is not provided in the installation package. Is this still the case? If it is, can you insert it for the next release? Presumably this should make it compatible with iOS(?). I'll be happy to test this later in the week
Anyone tested the nightly fro ATV2 to see if spotify works now

Let us know
Beta1 works like a dream on my Win 7 Eden install. Very cool!

It's only one thing I havn't figured out and that is queueing songs. Is it possible and I just havn't figured out how?
(2012-07-02, 13:59)dallasnights Wrote: Anyone tested the nightly fro ATV2 to see if spotify works now

Let us know

Just tried Beta1 with the July 3 nightly but it did not work. Mazkolain said some changes needed to be made to make addon run on ARM and I am not sure if libspotify is included yet or not.
(2012-06-28, 21:06)Rooster77 Wrote: Hi

I tried to get Spotimc running on my ATV2. The setup is iOS 4.3 (possible to run own build from master).
The installation went just fine and after an initial run where I saw that spotimc was looking for libspotify in the /osx folder i simply renamed the libspotify file there and uploaded the iOS version instead (version 12.1.51). Despite this it refuses to accept the libspotify file I have placed there and complains about it's an unknown file type.

See log file at;
http://pastebin.com/CAAcEuaN

Would it be possible for spotimc to;
1) Identify that if it's an iOS device instead look in the /ios folder
2) Accept the iOS build of libspotify

Would be more than willing to help you out to test this one out for you.

BR
Mike
First of all, thank you very much for your help! Tried with the latest ATV2 XBMC nighties, replacing the OSX lib with the iOS one as you did, with the same results.

It seems that the current iOS version of libspotify cannot be dynamically loaded on runtime, but I'm not very sure as I'm no Apple guru. If some iOS savvy could shed some light on the issue...

The following python snippet gives the same results (tested with commandline python, installed using Cydia):

Code:
import ctypes
lib = ctypes.CDLL('path to libspotify library file')

(2012-06-30, 04:12)Luguber Wrote: With xbmcbuntu and spotimc beat1, if you exit spotimc with the exit button in the app, you can restart it just fine. But if you press the home button, you cannot get back into spotimc without restarting.
So if you for example would like to play some songs with spotimc, and then browse your movies while the music is playing. you can not get back into spotimc to change music without restarting. Is it possible maybe to bind a hotkey to jump back to the same spotimc session, instead of trying to start a new?
Didn't have a chance to look at this issue lately. It seems that the running Spotimc instance gets lost in the wild, but have no idea how to bring it back (if it's possible). Thanks for the remainder!

(2012-07-01, 01:01)oro2 Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 00:22)oro2 Wrote: Thanks for a great plugin.

One question: Is fanarts supposed to work in fullscreen? I only get a black background. I had the same problem in spotyxbmc2. It works for local music.

Have anyone experienced this problem?
I can successfully enable fanart on fullscreen mode, but it has been reported that XBMC may fail to load fanart with tracks containing more than an artist (such as collaboration ones). Maybe that's the case?

(2012-07-01, 18:06)procrastinator Wrote:
(2012-06-11, 19:40)mazkolain Wrote: I'm currently waiting for a nightly build for ATV2 to come out in order to test the addon with, but didn't know that ffmpeg issues were keeping these ones on hold. Thanks for the info!

BTW, Spotimc won't work yet on iPad/iPhone, as the ios version of libspotify is not provided by the installation package.

Just a quick heads-up, and a question:

Nightly builds of XBMC for ATV2 are back online as the libav / ffmpeg bug has been fixed (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/ )

At the time of writing the post above you state that the iOS version of libspotify is not provided in the installation package. Is this still the case? If it is, can you insert it for the next release? Presumably this should make it compatible with iOS(?). I'll be happy to test this later in the week
Thank you for the update! I was eagerly waiting for this to happen!

Sadly I tested Spotimc with the latest nighties and it still doesn't work. It seems that python is unable to dynamically load the iOS version of libspotify, as I wrote to @Rooster77 previously on this post.

(2012-07-03, 11:17)Lordmort Wrote: Beta1 works like a dream on my Win 7 Eden install. Very cool!

It's only one thing I havn't figured out and that is queueing songs. Is it possible and I just havn't figured out how?
Currently there's no option to queue songs. I've been playing with some code that it's not ready yet, but hopefully will be included on future versions when it gets polished.

(2012-07-03, 17:45)ziti Wrote:
(2012-07-02, 13:59)dallasnights Wrote: Anyone tested the nightly fro ATV2 to see if spotify works now

Let us know

Just tried Beta1 with the July 3 nightly but it did not work. Mazkolain said some changes needed to be made to make addon run on ARM and I am not sure if libspotify is included yet or not.
Beta1 does not yet include the iOS version of libspotify, but as stated previously on this post, it seems that currently python is unable to load this library on the ATV2.

Just another roadblock... Sad
This might be a stupid question, but I've never really used xbmc for music before. But how do I get artist fan art working with SpotiMC?

Thanks Smile
This....

...is possibly the best plugin for xbmc ive seen!I looks so polished and has a great interface rather than just the crappy lists of other addons. The look of it is fantastic, its how all add ons should should, if you fancy taking a crack at an iplayer/itv/4od uk catchup addons, it would be amazing. It would finally bring some sort of resemblance to how this apps work on other devices.

Anyway enough rambling! I love the add on, cant wait for being able to add songs to playlists and queuing!

Edit: Can i donate to keep the great work coming?
can not wait for ATV2 is there any progress with all the ATV2 nightlies?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/atv2/
This is a great addon and I've been using it for quite some time now. The only thing ifeel is missing is some form of queue managment, and maybe playlist folders... but support for them only recently got added into the official android app. Keep up the great work!
Hi.

First of all i want to thank you for making my HTPC complete!
Ever since i got spotify i wanted a way to use it on my HTPC, and now i can Big Grin!

I couldn't find it in earlier post using the search function so i thought i would ask.

Is there a way to remotely control spotimc?
A webinterface could be used, or even better, a simple android/IOS app.
A app where everyone on the WiFi could add music in some kind of party mode, so they would only queue it, not change the current song, that would be awesome!

I don't like wasting power Tongue and i do not use my TV to play music, only to see what's playing.

• 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32