• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
all works good on Windows 7 but the playlist just keep spining and spining

Is there any fix for that

Thanks
I am so looking forward to getting this to work..

Though I am having script failed error.

System XP SP3. XBMC RC 2. (You need more?)

The debug log is showing this:

ImportError: No module named skinutils

Any ideas? (I am still quite new to this btw)

Thanks in advance
It was working fantastic for me, then all of a sudden, it started not loading and showing this message in the log: LibSpotifyError: Initialization of library failed. It seemed to start after trying to pull up the starred filed list.
hi,

i have a premium subscription for spotify but I can't login with this plugin?
I'm using my facebook e-mail adress + password (the same login data which I use with spotify desktop software) but I get "Bad username or password".
What am I doing wrong??
Nice Work! Please keep going with it.

A few little buggy things I found in beta 4:

When I use my volume keys on my logitech keyboard (standard keyboard volume mappings), the add on visually flickers.

When I exit the app with a song on, the playing song begins to repeat itself like a broken record for several seconds before exiting. Could the exit button stop the song THEN exit out?

A few little suggestions:

Have playlists or search be the first tab it opens into. It's cool that Spotify has a "What's New" function but I bet more folks care about playing a song then discovering music when they typically open Spotify.

The radio app within Spotify has been vastly improved from it's previous incarnation in the last few months. Support for Spotify Radio within this plugin would be VERY nice.

Is there a way to allow this add-on to exit and keep playing your playlist in the background? Would be great to use other parts of XBMC while listening to tunes.

Thanks so much for the hard work. A Spotify add-on has been long overdue.
My word, I'd just like to echo the other sentiments in this thread - this addon exceeded my expectations by quite some way! Everything about it's slick, responsive, polished and functional; what more can you ask for at alpha?!

Keep up the fantastic work.

Mini subnote: I agree with zoggynog. Playlists is the go-to tab when starting Spotify.
second that, but my only problem on Win7 so far is the playlist, I think cause I have a lot of playlist it just never gets to show them and keeps the spinning icon going

Also, I hope we can get this for ATV2 or maybe if someone knows a way we can network from the Win7 to the XBMC on ATV to show this great addon and still use on ATV sort of

Thanks and please do keep up the great work
I was out for some days and I was unable to post any answer, so here's a mega-post Tongue

I probably forgot answering some of your questions, sorry! If that's the case and you have any feature requests / bug reports please open a new issue on the issue tracker, so everyone can track them better. Anyway, thank you all for your feedback!

(2012-03-14, 14:15)Luguber Wrote: However, Transparency! is my default skin, and the ui has issues here. A lot of graphical glitches etc.
Bug confirmed. It's strange because Transparency! on windows has no issues. Thanks!

(2012-03-14, 20:19)jompan87 Wrote: PS: Random and repeat function would be great Wink
When a song is being played a menu item will pop on the upper right part of the screen. This menu item is a button that gives you access to playback controls.

(2012-03-15, 10:41)Stien Wrote: The only thing i want is integration in Music library instead of a standalone addon
I had this dilemma at the very beginning of the project, and went for the standalone addon idea because it gives more freedom to implement Spotify's features (search, playlists, ...). The general purpose "everything is a directory" scheme for plugins is great and intuitive, but not as powerful as standalone addons (in my opinion).

(2012-03-17, 17:39)rossdisco Wrote: ImportError: No module named skinutils
Did you download a pre-built alpha package or generated a zip/tar from github? It seems that you are missing some binary dependencies (some python eggs and libspotify dlls), which are not included by github's zip/tar donwloads.

(2012-03-17, 19:18)sourbob Wrote: It was working fantastic for me, then all of a sudden, it started not loading and showing this message in the log: LibSpotifyError: Initialization of library failed. It seemed to start after trying to pull up the starred filed list.
Try restarting XBMC. This can be related to to the first issue described on the FAQ.

(2012-03-17, 20:39)kyrus Wrote: I'm using my facebook e-mail adress + password (the same login data which I use with spotify desktop software) but I get "Bad username or password".
I can login successfully with both my @facebook.com and @gmail.com addresses. Disconnecting from the official desktop client and logging in again works for you?

(2012-03-18, 08:55)zoggynog Wrote: When I exit the app with a song on, the playing song begins to repeat itself like a broken record for several seconds before exiting. Could the exit button stop the song THEN exit out?

Is there a way to allow this add-on to exit and keep playing your playlist in the background? Would be great to use other parts of XBMC while listening to tunes.
The track is stopped when the addon exists, but unfortunately there's some kind of deadlock or race condition (something that may be related to the python GIL and XBMC's core) that prevents some cleanup python code to run properly. It's an issue we'll have to live with for now...

On the other hand, I'm looking for the background execution feature for future releases, but at the moment can't figure out how to properly implement that. Thanks!

(2012-03-18, 16:13)dallasnights Wrote: I think cause I have a lot of playlist it just never gets to show them and keeps the spinning icon going

Also, I hope we can get this for ATV2 or maybe if someone knows a way we can network from the Win7 to the XBMC on ATV to show this great addon and still use on ATV sort of
I'm fairly sure that it has something to do with a high number of playlists (that's no excuse, it should work). To get the picture, how many playlists are we talking about?

Regarding to the ATV2 issue, I think it would be better to wait until ctypes becomes available on that platform. Streaming from one machine to the ATV could be viable, but would complicate things a little bit (i prefer the addon to be self contained, instead of requiring extra machines to work), and feel that some legal issues may arise from doing that...
Thanks or the reply hope you can fix
I have about 216 playlist

Lots are artist driven many are from the Spoton app in the iphone which create playlist fast and easy

Anyhow, I tried again today , it does just spin and spin so the number of playlist must be the problem

Hope you can fix like you said no excuse should work

Thanks again, hope you get an ATV version going soon too
(2012-03-17, 20:39)kyrus Wrote: hi,

i have a premium subscription for spotify but I can't login with this plugin?
I'm using my facebook e-mail adress + password (the same login data which I use with spotify desktop software) but I get "Bad username or password".
What am I doing wrong??

If it doesn´t work with the facebook login, you could try this, it have atleast helped people using the SpotyXBMC2, so it may help with Spotimc aswel.

(2012-03-14, 14:08)Blueblack Wrote: A bug I´ve noticed. It seems that sometimes the plugin jumps to the next track, in the middle of a track, by it self. Anyone else noticed this?

(Win7 32 bit, XBMC RC2.)

I still have this problem. Happens every 3-4 songs I play. Will try to make a log for it later to see if i can figure it out. Any ideas why this is happening?
Eeebox 1501p htpc, Win7 Ultimate
aTV2 Seas0nPass NitoTV
any update on this did you fix the playlist problem yet

Keep up the great work and hopefully dev one for ATV2 finally

Thanks
This made my day!! A spotify addon for xbmc have been on my wishlist since I discovered xbmc. Thanks alot, and great workBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
(2012-03-21, 20:46)Blueblack Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 14:08)Blueblack Wrote: A bug I´ve noticed. It seems that sometimes the plugin jumps to the next track, in the middle of a track, by it self. Anyone else noticed this?

(Win7 32 bit, XBMC RC2.)

I still have this problem. Happens every 3-4 songs I play. Will try to make a log for it later to see if i can figure it out. Any ideas why this is happening?
Tracks are served to XBMC as http streams. For some unknown reason these are requested by XBMC from many separate threads (it opens several streams for a single track), behavior that in the end causes the track skip issue.

I have a workaround for that, and if tests are successful, it hopefully will go on the next alpha.

(2012-03-22, 14:20)dallasnights Wrote: any update on this did you fix the playlist problem yet

Keep up the great work and hopefully dev one for ATV2 finally

Thanks
It takes nearly 15s to load 100 playlists, so it won't take more than a minute to load ~200. It would be nice if you could send me a log file, and wait a minute since the playlist load was requested (so any possible timeout errors appear on the logs). Thanks!
Is there any way we can get some screenshots added to the OP?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32