• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
(2012-03-12, 22:00)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-03-11, 01:38)mortstar Wrote: EDIT: If you want this adding to a repository so users can easily update just let me know and I'll put it on mine.

I would be very pleased if you could add it to your repository, thank you! The version identifier of alpha3 was wrong. I fixed it and uploaded a new alpha4.

You'll now find Spotimc in 'mortstar's repo'. Users who have the repository installed will receive updates automatically. Either use the Repositories Installer Addon to get my repo' or if you prefer you can grab the repository .zip from https://github.com/mortstar/repository-m...p?raw=true

@mazkolain - I've added your Github repository as a submodule, so please just PM when you have an updated version that you would like pulling. Once you've got it stable, I'd definitely suggest that you get it added to the official repo. A lot of people have been waiting a long time for a Spotify plugin for xbmc.
(2012-03-12, 22:19)joymyr Wrote: Did you do something special to make it work? I'm getting
Quote:Error Contents: No module named _ctypes
on my appletv2. And then the plug-in crashes.
See this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123167

It seems that ctypes is not available for IOS yet (and is needed to interface with libspotify). In conclusion, no ATV2 / iPad support for now. Sorry.

(2012-03-12, 23:05)Jönke Wrote: Everytime i exit Spotimc i have to reboot pc before i can login to spotimc again , it ask´s for user /pass and dosent remeber it again before i reboot
This is a known issue:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/wiki/FAQ

On windows works fine by manually freeing the library. Doing the same on Linux causes a segfault. I'm trying with a different fix, but can't promise anything.
Very good work, I am trying out the different functions. One request so far: I would like to be able to leave spotimc while still listening to the music. This meaning I guess, that the exit-function only applies when another media starts running.
I have been waiting long for this and it already looks promising! Keep up the good work and this will be really good Smile
At last there is a Spotify plugin for XBMC. This is much easier than compile spotyxbmc2 and also have more feature.

Thanks for this excellent plugin.
Fantastic plugin. Thanks a lot.
A bug I´ve noticed. It seems that sometimes the plugin jumps to the next track, in the middle of a track, by it self. Anyone else noticed this?

(Win7 32 bit, XBMC RC2.)
Eeebox 1501p htpc, Win7 Ultimate
aTV2 Seas0nPass NitoTV
I've tested this successfully on OpenElec Eden Intel build using the default Confluence skin.
However, Transparency! is my default skin, and the ui has issues here. A lot of graphical glitches etc.
Hope this will be sorted out eventually, so I can enjoy Spotify on xbmc without changing skin back and forth Smile

Thanks for the great addon!
Right now, you are my best friend. This is what I've been looking for to make my HTPC complete. Smile Thank you!
Running like a beast here using openelec eden rc2

Brilliant work mazkolain, thanks alot Smile

PS: Random and repeat function would be great Wink
(2012-03-14, 14:08)Blueblack Wrote: Fantastic plugin. Thanks a lot.
A bug I´ve noticed. It seems that sometimes the plugin jumps to the next track, in the middle of a track, by it self. Anyone else noticed this?

(Win7 32 bit, XBMC RC2.)

I have had this exact same problem. Only on the odd occasion... running xbmc eden on windows 7.
Smile 
Thank you very much for this addon. I'm taking it for a spin... so far so good Wink
Keep up the good work for a much needed Spotify addon.
Works perfectly on Openelec Eden RC2.

The only thing i want is integration in Music library instead of a standalone addon
Gratz for your work mate.

Couldn't use the spotyxbmc fork because it uses 100% cpu for me. This does the trick really well and works as a charm here.

Cheers.

fantastic plugin! way easier then compiling xbmc.. love it!
Darn tried on ATV no luck hope you update to support ATV2 soon thank you so much
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32