• 7(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
(2012-03-28, 20:24)XBMCUser4657 Wrote: 1. It seems as though the normal XBMC remote buttons don't integrate with this? Pressing the back/exit button should do the same thing that it does on every app and menu item within XBMC. It's kind of strange to have to go to the Exit menu to get out of it.

2. I couldn't figure out how to easily get to the shuffle/repeat controls. I read in a previous post that they are shown when you click the top-right 'now playing' menu - but since I'm using XBMC with a harmony remote, it'd be great to have those options always displayed somewhere. Maybe as small buttons right in the same menu as the now playing display?

3. Please do add Radio, and default the entry screen to the Playlists.
  • Well, it's an inconsistent behavior compared to the one present in XBMC, but in the end it has some benefits. By ingoring the exit/back button on the top level view it's giving you some kind of feedback, it's telling you that you are already on the top level. A corner case: Imagine that you logged in without remembering your credentials and you exit accidentally... Anyway, it's true that a yes/no dialog won't hurt in that place.
  • Mmm, you're right but unfortunately there's no room left on the now playing menu for those buttons. Pressing 'M' inside XBMC will pop a player dialog, but don't know the equivalent button on the harmony remote.
  • Radio support is planned for a future release, and I'll include a config option for the dafault entry view on the next alpha.

(2012-03-28, 21:05)proc_sort Wrote: each time my computer wake up from hibernate ( or standby ) , XBMC crash . but it crash only if i used spotymc before..

my system : Windows 7 , XBMC eden final with Aeon Nox
Probably the Spotify lib is not detached properly from the XBMC process (fact that it's already causing some other issues). The best solution would be to write the addon in a way that does not share the same process space of XBMC, but that's rather complicated by now...

(2012-03-28, 23:00)eversteegt Wrote: * The interface looks great! But could be more integrated to the XBMC skin in use (especially when playing back Spotify and browsing through XBMC at the same time).
* Integration between spotify and own XBMC library would be great.
* At times, browsing my starred items or other collections can lead to XBMC not responding anymore.
  • This limitation would be addressed on future releases, but not now, as requires a whole revamp of the addon's codebase.
  • You mean that it should be a plugin or that it should recognize local tracks from the XBMC library (as the desktop client does)?
  • Well, there are some timeouts errors that may pop here and there. They'll be eventually fixed.

(2012-03-29, 14:04)Phantom_Zone Wrote: I can't get into my playlists at all though....I see a few others have reported this but if you want my pastebin, let me know! (spinning and not a lot of playlists...XBMC needs to be force quit)
A fix for this is already committed, so it will go on the next alpha.

(2012-03-29, 23:46)kamikazey Wrote: Is there a possibility to donate some money for this great addon?
Just enjoy the addon! Thanks for your help, really.

(2012-03-30, 11:47)JMelin Wrote: I tested it on XBMCbuntu Eden (final), and the only thing I have encountered as a problem so far is that my credentials are not stored (even dough I check "Remember me") between uses.
It's related to the first issue described on the FAQ. Restart XBMC and you'll see that they have been remembered correctly.

(2012-03-30, 14:15)grope Wrote: Would it be possible to shuffle songs in my starred playlist?

Also is there any chance of incorporating the 'radio' addon from Spotify?
Shuffle should work for all playlist but there seems to be a bug that forces you to shuffle/unshuffle to be enabled properly.

(2012-03-31, 10:31)lr10 Wrote: I see that there's a reported bug regarding tracks skipping randomly. I'm having a similar problem but the track seems to skip around the 8 second mark in each song. Is this problem related to the same bug?
Mmm, the reported bug tells that it skips songs randomly (but plays some songs nicely before each skip). Which skin are you using? Maybe it happens when the screensaver is activated?
Nicely done sir! I would however kindly suggest support for playlist folders that the Spotify client and apps support. This makes it possible to arrange your playlists in a folder tree.
Information 
I installed this addon because a user was having trouble launching it from my skin XeeBo and now I've found out that it's messed around with with the skin's XML files - not happy. Angry

Addons should not be editing other files!
I use XBMC on the ATV2 and have installed the addon. I know it doesn't work on the ATV2 yet, but I hope some future auto-update will change that.
I've installed this spotymc addon onto my windowsXP, Eden 11 install, and it's working well.

Only real problem I have is that it skips to the next track (half way through a song) every now and then. Seems to do this every 4 or 5 tracks. Not great when you have folk round and you're trying to show-off what xbmc can do Big Grin. I understand from reading the thread that this is a known fault and should be fixed in the next release within a week or two.

Great addon, well done & kudos to the author.
Just wanted to say that i really love your Addon! I'm currently testing it on WH2011 whith Eden. Later i will try if it is possible to control it via constellation, if this should be possible i will freak out Big Grin

This forum needs a "Thank you" function!
(2012-04-03, 10:25)bleze Wrote: Nicely done sir! I would however kindly suggest support for playlist folders that the Spotify client and apps support. This makes it possible to arrange your playlists in a folder tree.
Thanks, I also plan to add folder support in the future, but this feature was set back to avoid delaying a public release.

(2012-04-03, 13:20)Hitcher Wrote: I installed this addon because a user was having trouble launching it from my skin XeeBo and now I've found out that it's messed around with with the skin's XML files - not happy. Angry

Addons should not be editing other files!
I understand your anger but please, try to put yourself in the place of a script developer and think what could you do without this sort of hacks:
  • Fonts: Display a consistent look across every skin? No. You can't use any standard font definitions, because they don't even exist.
  • Includes: Could you have a well organized xml layout with no code duplication? No. You are doomed to live with infinite scrolling xml files with infinite duplication of common attributes for every label, button, container, list, etc.
It's intrusive, yes, but tries to be respectful with the skin in use. All font and include definitions it installs won't conflict with the ones defined by the skin, and are cleaned up automatically when the addon exits (well, unless it crashes). If the XBMC team ever implements custom skin and font support for addons I would be happy to dump this. Really, I hate this hack as much as you do.

I just want this script to look the same on every skin, without the need to worry about text breaking from it's container and avoid fiddling with long and unmaintainable xml layout files.

Anyway, what kind of trouble was? I can successfully launch this addon within XeeBo.

(2012-04-03, 13:48)gegs Wrote: I use XBMC on the ATV2 and have installed the addon. I know it doesn't work on the ATV2 yet, but I hope some future auto-update will change that.
As said, ATV2 support depends strongly on python's ctypes module. Hope this module becomes available anytime soon...
(2012-04-03, 19:35)mazkolain Wrote: I understand your anger but please, try to put yourself in the place of a script developer and think what could you do without this sort of hacks:
  • Fonts: Display a consistent look across every skin? No. You can't use any standard font definitions, because they don't even exist.
  • Includes: Could you have a well organized xml layout with no code duplication? No. You are doomed to live with infinite scrolling xml files with infinite duplication of common attributes for every label, button, container, list, etc.
It's intrusive, yes, but tries to be respectful with the skin in use. All font and include definitions it installs won't conflict with the ones defined by the skin, and are cleaned up automatically when the addon exits (well, unless it crashes). If the XBMC team ever implements custom skin and font support for addons I would be happy to dump this. Really, I hate this hack as much as you do.

I just want this script to look the same on every skin, without the need to worry about text breaking from it's container and avoid fiddling with long and unmaintainable xml layout files.

Anyway, what kind of trouble was? I can successfully launch this addon within XeeBo.

My main concern comes from the fact that I was about to push some changes and only noticed when comparing the diffs.

I thought that was the whole point of addons having a skin folder in the addon?

By the way, yours is labelled DefaultSkin when it should be simply Default I believe.
(2012-03-11, 10:07)johnnyvibrant Wrote: mostly works good on ios with eden rc3 , i think playlists might not be working (or slow) on ipad 1 it crashes which might be down to the libspotify requirement not working for arm or something

I also think the playlist is not work but.......nice all around....Thanks
Wow, first of all, thanks a million for this!

Second, I have a minor issue. I have loads of playlist, mainly albums. I have placed these in playlist folders, a function Spotify provides to make your playlists easily categorized and browsable. Is it possible to integrate this function into the plugin? It would certainly increase the user-friendliness! :-)
When is the new update coming out so we can test the playlist problem and hopefully it will be fixed

Thanks!
(2012-04-03, 19:35)mazkolain Wrote: Anyway, what kind of trouble was? I can successfully launch this addon within XeeBo.

I too run the addon within XeeBo without noticing any problems. Smile
(2012-04-04, 15:37)Kalliban Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 19:35)mazkolain Wrote: Anyway, what kind of trouble was? I can successfully launch this addon within XeeBo.

Yes but you're not developing it as well. Wink
I figured it out. After studying the debug log I realised that I had CouchPotato running on the same port (8083). As soon as I changed the port for CouchPotato, Spotimc started working perfect.

Great job by the way. I love the addon!
(2012-04-04, 16:35)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 15:37)Kalliban Wrote:

Yes but you're not developing it as well. Wink

That is true, I'm just a sneaky user Big Grin
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32