• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
Anyone know how to pull log files from the apple tv. Installed morstar repo. Enabled the addon. Went Into addons. The wheel spins. Then it disconnects. Saying script failed
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2012-04-17, 14:51)PrimaryMaster Wrote: One request.. a nice fullscreen "now Playing" ...

You can access the XBMC standard "now playing" fullscreen with the last "button" in spotimc's "now playing"-tab. I disabled the visualization and enabled fan-art so I got a nice "now playing" screen.

(2012-04-14, 12:10)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 01:51)skilljim Wrote: Also...is there an ETA on when it could be up and running on an ATV? Smile
It depends on a python module that is missing on ATV2. Once the module becomes available it should be a trivial task adding support for ATV2.

Any idea when this module will be available? I've seen the screenshots of Spotimc in this topic and it's looking super awesome, so I tried to install it anyways on my ATV2 but off course no success with starting this add-on Tongue The day this will be available for ATV2 XBMC users will be a good one. Keep up the good work Smile

Will this plugin feature the option to publish which tracks you are listering to, just like what happens when I use the app on my mobile phone?
For the rest: Still enjoying the plugin a lot. Hope the login-bug will be solved, so I don't have to restart XBMC all the time Wink
(2012-04-18, 00:30)thebearnecessit Wrote: Oh, and I DO have crossfade enabled at 3 seconds. is this not a good idea?
It has been reported that causes some playback issues in the end of each track. I'll try to fix it for the next release.

(2012-04-18, 20:42)henrikyo Wrote: Anyone know how to pull log files from the apple tv. Installed morstar repo. Enabled the addon. Went Into addons. The wheel spins. Then it disconnects. Saying script failed
Please note that it's not compatible with ATV2 yet (it works on ATV1). By the way, here are the XBMC docs: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_and_logs

(2012-04-19, 21:10)EngineersFirst Wrote: Any idea when this module will be available? I've seen the screenshots of Spotimc in this topic and it's looking super awesome, so I tried to install it anyways on my ATV2 but off course no success with starting this add-on Tongue The day this will be available for ATV2 XBMC users will be a good one. Keep up the good work Smile
I have no news of the module yet. I'll keep an eye on it's progress.

(2012-04-21, 11:58)TFHfony Wrote: Will this plugin feature the option to publish which tracks you are listering to, just like what happens when I use the app on my mobile phone?
For the rest: Still enjoying the plugin a lot. Hope the login-bug will be solved, so I don't have to restart XBMC all the time Wink
It could be possible, but I want to focus on some key features for now (radio, playlist folders, killing bugs and so on). Once these ones are completed I'll give it a try. Thank you!

And yes, I'm currently working on the restart issue. Don't promise anything yet.

This an impressive alpha release. It is very promising already.
I'm really pleased someone came with an easy and pretty stable solution.

The bug which is the most an issue right now is the "remember password" one.

I am not aware of limitations for addons in xbmc. Can we expect one day to be able to go back and forth to and from main xbmc menu while spotimc will still be playing music?
(2012-04-23, 10:40)spinal Wrote: I am not aware of limitations for addons in xbmc. Can we expect one day to be able to go back and forth to and from main xbmc menu while spotimc will still be playing music?
It has been requested many times (well, it obviously is a nice feature), but unfortunately would require a significant amout of time and a revamp of the whole codebase. The only viable option I see (although there might be an easier one) is to move the Spotify api part to a XBMC service, and then let the UI act as a frontend for this service.

It's not yet on the to-do list for future releases, but anyway, thank you for the feedback!
When if ever will we see spotify integrated in the music section, it such a nice feature to do other stuff and mess around in settings while music is playing etc
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
Constantly freezes XBMC. Here's a debug log.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13371850/xbmc.log

Great work though. Works like a charm when it feels like it. Smile Can see myself uninstalling the real Spotify some day.
(2012-04-24, 20:06)henrikyo Wrote: When if ever will we see spotify integrated in the music section, it such a nice feature to do other stuff and mess around in settings while music is playing etc
Reading local music it's planned for future releases, but unfortunately "minimizing" it's not possible with the current codebase. Spotimc needs to be completely redesigned and split into a service and a frontend. Sorry.

(2012-04-26, 17:56)Tobby Wrote: Constantly freezes XBMC. Here's a debug log.

Great work though. Works like a charm when it feels like it. Smile Can see myself uninstalling the real Spotify some day.
I saw you have Trakt enabled and that you are using the Breeze skin. Tried running Spotimc with those components enabled but I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Which is the exact issue? XBMC froze when playing a track or everytime? Also, did tracks play for about 10s and then skip?

(2012-04-27, 19:24)mazkolain Wrote:
(2012-04-24, 20:06)henrikyo Wrote: When if ever will we see spotify integrated in the music section, it such a nice feature to do other stuff and mess around in settings while music is playing etc
Reading local music it's planned for future releases, but unfortunately "minimizing" it's not possible with the current codebase. Spotimc needs to be completely redesigned and split into a service and a frontend. Sorry.

(2012-04-26, 17:56)Tobby Wrote: Constantly freezes XBMC. Here's a debug log.

I saw you have Trakt enabled and that you are using the Breeze skin. Tried running Spotimc with those components enabled but I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Which is the exact issue? XBMC froze when playing a track or everytime? Also, did tracks play for about 10s and then skip?

It froze when playing a track. First XBMC froze and I couldn't control it anymore and after a while the track started repeating 2-3 seconds of the song until I force closed it via Windows. However it doesn't do that as much now and now it remembers my login name / password. One time I think it skipped the last seconds of the track, but the 10 sec issue hasn't seen the light of day.

Great job on the app. It may not be 100%, but after a few bugg corrections I think it will be awesome. It's not too easy in the eyes, but as long as it works I'm fine.
Hello, great job creating this. Now I can use spotify without having to compile it into xbmc (spotyxbmc2).
It seems to struggle really hard the first 5 seconds though. And it seems crossfading is messing with it too, but that was something I could disable myself.
I don't know if that's known or not since I am new, but you should look into disabling/ignoring crossfading for this script. Smile

Edit: It seems it wasn't crossfading that was fiddling with the end, it actually struggles for the last 20-15seconds of each track as well.
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
all I can say is WOW!

actually, I must say more, fan****ingtastic!

Thank you, please continue development to make this a regular add on, every home should have one!

Mark.
(2012-04-29, 15:16)Tobby Wrote: It froze when playing a track. First XBMC froze and I couldn't control it anymore and after a while the track started repeating 2-3 seconds of the song until I force closed it via Windows. However it doesn't do that as much now and now it remembers my login name / password. One time I think it skipped the last seconds of the track, but the 10 sec issue hasn't seen the light of day.

Great job on the app. It may not be 100%, but after a few bugg corrections I think it will be awesome. It's not too easy in the eyes, but as long as it works I'm fine.
My fear is that it's probably happening due to some kind of deadlock between the XBMC core and the python interpreter. Unfortunately, there's no fix on the way yet. Sorry.

(2012-05-01, 12:34)newphreak Wrote: Hello, great job creating this. Now I can use spotify without having to compile it into xbmc (spotyxbmc2).
It seems to struggle really hard the first 5 seconds though. And it seems crossfading is messing with it too, but that was something I could disable myself.
I don't know if that's known or not since I am new, but you should look into disabling/ignoring crossfading for this script. Smile

Edit: It seems it wasn't crossfading that was fiddling with the end, it actually struggles for the last 20-15seconds of each track as well.
Will try to get this fixed on the next release. Anyway, I still think that crossfading has something to do here as it opens two streams at the same time (something that the track streaming proxy doesn't like).

(2012-05-05, 11:19)fredphoesh Wrote: all I can say is WOW!

actually, I must say more, fan****ingtastic!

Thank you, please continue development to make this a regular add on, every home should have one!

Mark.
I'm glad you liked the addon. Thank you!
mazkolain:

You are my hero! I have waited on this for sooo long Smile Spotyxbmc was a pain in the ass to install and retain.

Would be nice to have an option to reverse the playlist so the newly added songs gets on the top off the list instead of
the bottom

Is there any way to give you a donation for your hard work ? Smile
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32