XBMC uses poster.jpg instead of banner.jpg
Hello,
there is a similar thread in the Aeon subsection of this forum but the problem seems to be valid for all skins( i tried aeon MQ3, NOX and confluence).
So i have some TV shows in the DB for these shows everything is fine. But once i add a new show it does not use the banner.jpg for display in the series windows.
For the old shows the Banner/Poster differentation is okay. But not for the new shows. In the show folder are both files (poster & banner file) with the correct content. If you switch the file names the problem remains.

I already tried a fresh install with the same result and i know a friend of mine has the same problem.

Has anyone expierenced the same issue?

The Problem exists since the beginning of december.

For reference: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120715

Regards!
This is skin specific. Xbmc doesn't use banner.jpg or poster.jpg.
but weird that it's even mixed up with confluence skin
Make sure there is no folder.jpg as that is what is scraped first no matter the setting in the scraper.
thanks for the advice:
in the main Show directory i only have these files:

banner.jpg
clearart.png
landscape.jpg
logo.png
poster.jpg

i checked the 'older' shows too (which were scraped correctly in august)
they look the same. That's why i am confused.
In the TVDB scraper options there is a setting to prefer posters (off is banners) - make sure it's set to what you want.
Hey live4ever,
thanks for your tip! I switched that option and rescraped the concerning shows, first there was no difference, but when i switched to alternative banners it worked.
BUT the main problem is, when i switch to alternative banners, i have some shows which don't have alternative banners and i have no clue how to assign differnt banners.
Do you have an idea for the ongoing journey?

Regards!
By alternate banner do you mean a changed 'banner.jpg' in the TV show folder? These are cached in the texture cache you can manually delete it or wait 24h (I believe) for them to be recreated.
Hey live4ever,

in aeon skin you can hit an option use alternate banners, i have no clue where they come from. I try to wipe the cache now. Maybe that's the solution

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC uses poster.jpg instead of banner.jpg0