What is better xbmc scrapers or local metadata scrapers (metabrowser) ?
I used MetaBrowser for MediaBrowser so all of my metadata was stored locally and it allowed MediaBrowser to run faster...

Does this work the same for XBMC? Does using a local Meta scraper/fetcher such as MetaBrowser store all of the meta data locally and in the individual movie/TV show folder to make XBMC work faster and load faster?

I just want it to not get bogged down and to always stay current and fast...

I know this probably been asked before, sorry. Noob here.
The XBMC scraper already stores the data locally, see C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
I couldn't find the posters or fanart.... I'll look again later at home...

But is there any reason to use an outside scraper than? Do they make xbmc run faster or no reason for them?
The only time haveing the info files saved will make a difference in speed is if you have to rescrape you collection. Once the info is scraped it is saved in a database normally located here C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata in the database folder. XBMC will then use that over the info files saved for the media. For the thumbnails and other artwork it will also be found in the same location under thumbnails.

Metabrowser should work as well as long as it will create a file that XBMC will use. If you haven't created .nfo files for your media I would recommend using one of the built in scrappers.

The only reason I would use an outside scrapper would be so I can edit some of the data before it gets to XBMC.
The tvdb scraper for xbmc didn't get TV Show posters but it got season posters....

Why would it get Season but not Show posters?

/TV/Smallville/Season 10/....

ex
Smallville
Season 10
S10E01
S10E02

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is better xbmc scrapers or local metadata scrapers (metabrowser) ?0