NFS - incorrect movie length (hanewin)
I have an m2ts movie which plays fine using SMB as the protocol, but using NFS on windows (using an NFS share from hanewin NFS running on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit), the movie length is shown as 47 seconds.

The same file plays fine on a Xbmc on linux (Eden RC2), so I dont think the share is the problem, but rather the NFS implementation built into XBMC windows.

I had a look at the log, but doesnt seem to be anything in there to suggest a problem. I dont have the log to hand now, but can post later. Anybody else had any problems, or suggest anything I could try ? All other movies (including other m2ts files) play fine, so something specifically about this particular movie.
From you last sentence, and the fact that I have seen zero issues as you describe (over hundreds of files), it is unlikely your problem has anything to do with XBMC.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Must be something to do with the Windows implementation, given it works fine on Linux (?)
I only use windows... the problem is your file, not XBMC
Whilst the "problem" may be the file - in as far as saying that this particular file exhibits a problem on the windows version of xbmc, whilst most others do not - the fact the file works fine using SMB and the fact that it works fine using NFS on linux, suggests to me that something in the Windows implementation of NFS isn't quite right, which is causing issues with this particular file.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but Im looking for someone with knowledge of the NFS implementation to provide some more insight into this which may be useful. For example, I understand the windows NFS implementation is new to Eden and therefore may be incomplete or, at least, not without problems. Hopefully this thread can help iron those out. I wanted to see if anybody else had experienced anything remotely similar.
If you are experiencing a bug the best way, and often the only way, to get dev support is to open a TRAC ticket.

NFS did have some issues that have been fixed recently... myself and several others helped troubleshoot it but the key was to get a TRAC ticket opened and provide the devs with tons of info in that (debug logs, etc)
Ok thanks. First time ive raised a trac ticket, but got there in the end:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12789
Livin Wrote:From you last sentence, and the fact that I have seen zero issues as you describe (over hundreds of files), it is unlikely your problem has anything to do with XBMC.

(@Livin : Two threads, two problems that I have on Windows which you claim must have nothing to do with XBMC. I guess I'm unlucky enough to have exactly the same mysterious Windows issues as TWO different XBMC users? Or maybe you shouldn't answer "this isn't an XBMC issue" to every thread, as a default answer?)

@OP : I regularly have to switch to using SMB on large files and especially large mpeg 2 .ts/.m2ts files. I have exactly the problem you describe, which is that the file appears truncated when accessed via NFS from Windows. Server(s) are linux.
Hopefully a dev will pickup the trac ticket. I'm not sure if posting a sample of the file will help if you say it has to do with file size.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS - incorrect movie length (hanewin)0