PVR Conflict Management
As I continue my migration to using Kodi as my full time front end I've noticed some key PVR features that don't seem to be in place.

1) conflict notifications - it doesn't seem that you are notified if a recording cannot take place due to too many scheduled timers. It would be nice to get an option to choose which to proceed with

2) Series/Timer precedence - Ability to set which timers have precedence over others so that if there is a conflict the system can manage them.

3) Tuner in use when timer starts notification - a message with option to release the tuner you're using so the scheduled timer can activate rather than missing your recording

I know these would all require additional work on the pvr addons as well, but currently there is no way to use Kodi as the sole frontend. I still have to go into my pvr software to manage #1 and #2. Apologies if these exist in anyway, I'm fairly new to Kodi but haven't seen these come up at all.
If you use the NextPVR backend conflict and priority options are available in the x-newa addon for Kodi using either web client (which gives you the native NextPVR UI on Kodi) or in more typical python addon style. 3 is automatic as live tv will stop for a timer.

Martin
(2015-01-31, 03:51)emveepee Wrote: If you use the NextPVR backend conflict and priority options are available in the x-newa addon for Kodi using either web client (which gives you the native NextPVR UI on Kodi) or in more typical python addon style. 3 is automatic as live tv will stop for a timer.

Martin

I am using NextPVR and have looked at x-newa. It would just be nice if Kodi had some of these features included into the main program. That way no matter the PVR backend certain messages could be passed through and I don't need to leave my nice consistent looking interface to manage things. Ups the WAF another notch in my opinion.
Your question was to do it from Kodi, but I understand now.

After that on top of your list you therefore need to add

- series recordings this is custom for NextPVR, ServerWMC and a few others (that's why all skins don't support it)
- failed timer review after epg update
- conflict mgt in failed timers.

I'm sure sub would support this but series recordings has been pretty slow coming.The reason for x-newa is to bridge the gap to allow more features while you wait for Kodi to catch up.

Martin
Hmmm...just missed two recordings that I had scheduled. So...is it really true that there's no indication about tuner conflicts in Kodi PVR recordings?

With Kodi, I was able to set 3 concurrent recordings in 3 different channels and the EPG showed the recording symbol for all of them. But now that I checked...only one of the recordings was succesfull and 2 had failed to lack of tuners. Using MP as backend here. The MP client always showed me whether I'm able to record or not...so I did not even think there could be such a problem with Kodi. Really?
Does anyone have an update to this situation? There doesn't appear to be any conflict management available to kodi. If a tuner is being used by the nextPVR backend, and I attempt to use the same tuner to watch live TV in Kodi, Kodi always crashes. The recording continues in nextPVR, which seems unaffected. Similarly, if I am watching live TV and a recording starts with the same tuner, Kodi crashes.

I'm using the aeon nox skin in 16.0 and nextPVR 3.6.6.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Conflict Management0