• 48(current)
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
Hi Folks!

Although it is not ready yet I'm excited to tell you that it looks like I finally was able to implement timeshifting. But before releasing this it needs some more testing and some cleanup...I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Cheers,

Joerg
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
Hey Joerg,

that are great news! Really looking forward for this last puzzle piece!

Go Go Go! :-)

Thank you for your really great work here!
Tried it a little and timeshift stops and goes back to channellist when start playing again.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
(2012-10-28, 09:45)Leatherface Wrote: Tried it a little and timeshift stops and goes back to channellist when start playing again.

The timeshift branch on GitHub is most likely not working properly because I tried to merge all my other recent changes into it as well without really testing stuff afterwards. So I'm not surprised Smile

But anyways, since you gave it already a try: Did you set the fileshare path? Can you check the logs whether the share is accessible?

Can you try whether "semi-time shifting" works, i.e. starting a recording, wait 5 minutes and then begin watching the recording? With the old plugin version the playback will stop after these 5 minutes, with the new one playback should continue.

Yes it's accessible and without filesharing path it's not possible to pause either.
And it did record on the box so that part is working.
But i didn't test 5 minutes just 1 minute or so but i'll try that.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
(2012-10-28, 10:28)Leatherface Wrote: Yes it's accessible and without filesharing path it's not possible to pause either.
And it did record on the box so that part is working.
But i didn't test 5 minutes just 1 minute or so but i'll try that.

You need to update your local branch again - there was something I overlooked when merging all my different branches together. As a result he took the length of the recording as the recording filename O_o Smile
Hmm problems with both playing recordings and same thing with timeshift.
I'll try to clone whole repo again and see if it makes any difference.

Hmm, for me it is working now (I'm using the branch timeshift_openelec with an OpenELEC build). Now what I still need to implement:
- do not show timeshift timers in the timer list
- do not show timethift recordings in the recordings list
- remove timeshift timers and recordings from the box when the live-stream has been closed

Then there is also an issue that I don't know how to solve right now: I have selected to adapt the FPS and to pause the stream during the FPS switch - now everytime I start LiveTV in fullscreen it starts a timeshift recording Smile Not really nice :>
I tried again with a clean repo and still same thing.
I am using timeshift_update branch.
Timeshift part seems to work but fails when i start watching again and it's probably because recordings doesn't work.

can you post a debug log?
Hmm with Debug Log enbled XBMC crashes when loading PVR addon.
But nevermind i saw i forgot to clone to pvr-addons so i still have your old version so my fault Smile.

This seems quite amazing, but im holding out till its fully working and frodo is released. Ive got eden working how i want it, last thing i wana do now is mess it all up.
But really cant wait for this.
Hi Joerg,

so you are not controlling the timeshift functions of the receiver but use own functions to realize timeshifting?
Unfortunately, there are no timeshift functions that are available through the web-api - so yes I need to do it with my own functions...
Guys I'm a bit confused and I seem to need a little hint.
I wanted to install xbmc 12 in Windows (testing the 8 Smile ) and I downloaded the latest nightlies yesterday (dated 26) and today (28). So far so good it installs and has live tv / pvr as expected. Problem is there's not the addon's type 'pvr clients'. I could grab 0.2.8 from the first page's binaries but I know there's a newer one (at least 0.3.2 or 0.3.4) and would like to have the autoupdate feature that was there. Is there a way? Is it still maintained by the official team? Is there an updated version around compiled and working?

Thanks Smile
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217