• 11(current)
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
Is there any instructions of how to install the plugin if you use xbmcbuntu or xbmc live? do I have to format and install ordinary ubuntu first?
Download the source code from git and check the README

Code:
- cd xbmc-addon-vuplus
- sh autogen.sh
- ./configure --prefix=/usr/lib/xbmc (or $HOME/.xbmc)
- make
- make install
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
Hmm.. could you write a tutorial for a beginner? I have xbmcbuntu installed and used putty to login from a remote computer and used the instructions from the first page:

1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
2. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pulse-eight/libcec
3. sudo apt-get update
4. sudo apt-get install libcec
5. sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
6. sudo apt-get install git
7. git clone git://github.com/jdembski/xbmc.git
8. cd xbmc
9. ./bootstrap
10. ./configure
11. make

but what do I do next ? I can't find the xbmc-addon-vuplus directory.
Onlything missing now is enigma1 compatibility =)
Ok, I've kinda been busy with other things over the last week so I haven't updated the addon until today.

I want to preface this by saying that I LOVE OpenELEC! the guys are doing an awesome job, me moving to XBMCbuntu for a while is purely down to this addon and my need for it. Once it's in release form I'm sure I'll move back to OE.

I like a lot of you don't really like or my system can't really handle full Ubuntu+XBMC+PVR+ADDON so I've been working with OpenELEC for the past few months and it's awesome! That said, I really don't know enough about linux to be compiling and recompiling OE and putting strain on the OE guys trying to upload builds for us everytime an update drops. The solution for me was to (temporarily) move away from OE and to XBMCbuntu. The reasons for this are to do with how OE is compiled I believe, meaning compiling the addon on it's own doesn't work and the user must compile all of OE and then know how to compile just the changes etc each time an update drops.

Below is my guide to creating an XBMCbuntu install with PVR added and the addon compiled and all done in such a way that updating the addon should take no more than 2 minutes (git clone/pull+make etc).

As stated before my linux knowledge is quite basic so please point out any and all errors and omisions! It works for me but I may have missed something that someone else needs;

You'll need a USB pen or CD drive on your XBMC machine, be prepared to wipe the hard drive on this machine or have a secondary drive with more than 4GB of space.

Download XBMCbuntu from here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/XBMCbun...u-11.0.iso
Burn the ISO to disk using imgburn OR download http://www.linuxliveusb.com/downloads/?stable and use the program to create a bootable USB with the ISO
Boot from the disk and install XBMCbuntu, take careful note of your username and password (I normally use xbmc for both for simplicity)
You should now have XBMC running on top of Ubuntu Oneric with a lot of stuff removed that doesn't really matter to you and some stuff added that does.

Next we're going to convert our non-PVR XBMCbuntu to XBMCbuntu-PVR;

Because I'm lazy, watch and follow this video exactly, including the lxterminal install (you'll need it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=rSQTiEjjIUc
You now have XBMCbuntu-PVR using the latest pulse-eight PVR whilst maintaining your lighter Ubuntu environment.

Now we're going to get, compile and install the addon! This part is repeatable for future updates although a lot of the libraries we'll install aren't needed again;

Open terminal and type the following one after another;
sudo git clone git://github.com/jdembski/xbmc-addon-vuplus.git (If you get(and you probably will) a message saying you don't have git installed run "sudo apt-get install git")
cd xbmc-addon-vuplus
sudo sh autogen.sh (If you get error messages here from missing components/libraries google is your friend! I had to install aclocal libcurl and some others, it's really very easy, just type the error into google and install whatever you're missing. Same goes for the further steps when building)
sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr/lib/xbmc (or $HOME/.xbmc)
make (more error messages = more googling)
make install

You now have the addon installed, log out and log back into XBMC (not XBMC-Ubuntu)

From here it should be pretty normal, enable live TV, configure and enable the addon etc etc. Enjoy!

P.S. it took quite a while of hanging on "importing channels" the first time for me so don't stress, just go make tea or something
(2012-03-24, 12:20)jdembski Wrote: Download the source code from git and check the README

Code:
- cd xbmc-addon-vuplus
- sh autogen.sh
- make
- make install

XBMCbuntu doesn't have PVR stuff out of the box, see my guide.
(2012-03-24, 00:54)J7AYU Wrote: Hey RedKnight did you get a chance to make that shaky hand cam of the plugin in action?

Ye, sorry! I broke my addon then messed about for a week, I'll do it today as soon as importing has finished.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUj8N2g3F...e=youtu.be

Quick video of addon in action, awful quality but enough to see what's going on.
What do I need to install to solve:

libtool: compile: Failed to create `.libs'
make[4]: *** [client.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc-addon-vuplus/src/vuplus'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc-addon-vuplus/src'
make[2]: *** [XBMC_vuplus.pvr] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc-addon-vuplus/addons/pvr.vuplus'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc-addon-vuplus/addons'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Edit: Ok after installing a ton of junk i realized that I only needed to run sudo make instead of just make. Wink
Edit2: I spoke to early, I am still having problems.
What's the last line of your error? Usually tells you what you need.

I have it all installed and up and running so it's definitely possible, the problem is I installed about 5-6 seperate libraries and stuff that I can't remember exactly. If you can tell me the last error line it might remind me Tongue

Oh and yes, if in doubt or something doesnt work try sudo before the command.
All good now, I missed the small part with the youtube instructions Smile
If anyone needs, i have compiled latest version (0.1.4) for i686.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34798/pvr.vuplus...686.tar.gz
No windowsversion ?
Hi,

I've been a quit 'reader' for some time but now I'm having difficulties:

libtool: link: unsupported hardcode properties
libtool: link: See the libtool documentation for more information.
libtool: link: Fatal configuration error.
make[4]: *** [libvuplus.la] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/kenny/xbmc-addon-vuplus/src/vuplus'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/kenny/xbmc-addon-vuplus/src'
make[2]: *** [XBMC_vuplus.pvr] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kenny/xbmc-addon-vuplus/addons/pvr.vuplus'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kenny/xbmc-addon-vuplus/addons'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

SOLVED:

I re-tried the last 3 actions:
- make
- make install

And suddenly it worked Smile
Hi to all.
How I can install this plugin on appletv 2?
I want to watch my dreambox's (enigma 2) streaming.

Thanks
(2012-03-29, 17:58)claudi0 Wrote: Hi to all.
How I can install this plugin on appletv 2?
I want to watch my dreambox's (enigma 2) streaming.

Thanks

No ARM-version yet.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217