• 35(current)
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
(2012-09-30, 17:52)jdembski Wrote:
(2012-09-30, 17:50)Leatherface Wrote: Are you looking at teletext subtitle support yet without need to start teletext and manuellt go to subtitle page?

I think this is also something that needs to be addressed from XBMC itself, not a specific backend implementation.
It's working with TVHeadend together with vtuner so support is already there.
If it works with tvheadend pvr addon it should be possible in Vu+ PVR addon too.
And it's working with VLC so the stream has teletext in the stream.
And margro fixed timeshift support in Vu+ addon now in timeshift branch

https://github.com/margro/xbmc-pvr-addon...meshifting

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
(2012-09-29, 16:26)sfuchs Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 20:58)jdembski Wrote: [quote='sfuchs' pid='1201245' dateline='1348816469']
Hi there,

I love this plugin and it does really a great job. I was wondering why timeshift is not implemented? Would this be a great effort to implement? If you use the tubox plugin you've got a pause button and timeshift is working, so in general the function should already be implemented in XMBC or am I totally wrong?

Thanks

Stephan

Timeshifting is not implemented in the PVR code yet - I guess this is something that will be worked on once everything is stable enough...

Thanks for your answer, allthough it is interesting that it is working when you use the Tuxbox plugin. But I think from the code view this is another framework?!

Stephan

(2012-09-28, 09:17)user68 Wrote: Stephan - could you please help me? Are you using an RPi? If so, how did you get the plugin to work? Mark

Hi Mark,

I own a Dreambox 8000HD and the plugin should work with every Linux tuner which has implemented a Enigma2 Webinterface.
How can I help?

(2012-09-30, 17:34)jdembski Wrote:
(2012-09-28, 09:17)user68 Wrote: Stephan - could you please help me? Are you using an RPi? If so, how did you get the plugin to work? Mark

I just sent an PR to inlcude the addon to the "official" ones - with curl removed as a dependancy. Can you check whether it works once it has been merged?

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/47

(2012-09-29, 16:26)sfuchs Wrote: Thanks for your answer, allthough it is interesting that it is working when you use the Tuxbox plugin. But I think from the code view this is another framework?!

Stephan

The tuxbox plugin does not utilise the XBMC PVR functions (i.e. not a proper EPG, timer handling etc.). Right now there is no timeshift available in the PVR functions yet, but if you check this PR https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/46 then you will see that it is being worked on.

Once this is in I will check whether this will work with the vuplus addon, too.

If I unterstand it right, it is now implemented with API V 1.3?!?

TimeShift Support

Stephan
(2012-10-01, 09:07)sfuchs Wrote: If I unterstand it right, it is now implemented with API V 1.3?!?

TimeShift Support

Stephan

No, this is not the official branch. The PR has not been merged (yet).

Cheers,

Joerg
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
Tried compile unofficial branch yesterday with timeshift support and it only crashed for me so i guess it needs a little more work.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
@leatherface: I haven't added timeshift support to the VuPlus addon. I'm working on a XBMC PVR API extension to make it possible to forward the timeshift related "rewind", "pause" and "forward" buttons to the PVR addon. Right now, XBMC and the Confluence skin do not provide the buttons to do this.
Timeshift still depends on backend support.
Compiling from my xbmc-pvr-addons/timeshift branch makes no sense, since you also need a modified XBMC.
That is the reason why it crashes.
The required XBMC change is under review at the moment. See pull request 1504.

@sfuchs: no, won't be v1.3 as this is already in use XBMC via a different pull request.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I already compiled XBMC with API v1.3 and both odenkamp and your development branch crashed too so i think it's XBMC git that not is 100% compatible right now.
It worked earlier with development branch before i recompiled XBMC so i guess i have to recompile older version of XBMC again.
Reason i thought you added timeshift support was the lines you added for the PVR addons.

Now i have compiled official version of xbmc, margros XBMC, xbmc xvba version and tried official version of pvr addon and margros all versions of pvr addons. I have tried clearing whole .xbmc dir andt tried configure again and nothing helps. It's crashing always so something is really fucked up here hmmms.
And it's not something else because if i remove all pvr addons XBMC works as it should.

(2012-10-03, 18:21)Leatherface Wrote: Now i have compiled official version of xbmc, margros XBMC, xbmc xvba version and tried official version of pvr addon and margros all versions of pvr addons. I have tried clearing whole .xbmc dir andt tried configure again and nothing helps. It's crashing always so something is really fucked up here hmmms.
And it's not something else because if i remove all pvr addons XBMC works as it should.

The vuplus addon was not changed to support timeshift yet. Just have a little bit patience - once timeshift support has been merged into mainline I will amend the code.
I am not talking about timeshift version i am talking about his vuplus branch and from development branch and i had it working from there for a few days ago.
Seems something has changed since a few days ago.
Strange thing is margros vuplus addon doesn't work with his XBMC either and his says alpha5.
The strange thing is that i can't get it working with Eden version either anymore.

(2012-10-03, 20:31)Leatherface Wrote: I am not talking about timeshift version i am talking about his vuplus branch and from development branch and i had it working from there for a few days ago.
Seems something has changed since a few days ago.
Strange thing is margros vuplus addon doesn't work with his XBMC either and his says alpha5.
The strange thing is that i can't get it working with Eden version either anymore.

You could use my branch - I tested it just yesterday and it worked (almost) flawlessly.

The bug I have seen has already been fixed by Lars in mainline XBMC.
I tried your branch also. It's not working anymore with any branch.
Something seems broken but i don't know what.
I have tried odenkamps branch with newest XBMC also.
The strangest thing is that not Eden works either anymore with PVR addons.

(2012-10-03, 21:01)Leatherface Wrote: I tried your branch also. It's not working anymore with any branch.
Something seems broken but i don't know what.
I have tried odenkamps branch with newst XBMC also.
The strangest thing is that not Eden works either anymore with PVR addons.

I'm talking about this branch: https://github.com/jdembski/xbmc-pvr-addons
Not working either but now i get an error when i try to start the plugin instead of crashing the whole XBMC.

(2012-10-03, 21:28)Leatherface Wrote: Not working either but now i get an error when i try to start the plugin instead of crashing the whole XBMC.

Can you post a debug log? I can check it tomorrow - for me it worked this morning...
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217