• 8(current)
New forum - Pros and Cons
(Did the formating buttons disappear or did I screw up?)

"only a single user rep per user "
This if course the most important but I also vote for either only positiv or remove completly.

Thanks for the plus and for removing the -6 Smile
(2012-03-15, 08:13)vikjon0 Wrote: (Did the formating buttons disappear or did I screw up?)

I am also missing those text format buttons in the quick reply.
Now i have to go to full edit or preview post which is in turn way to crowded IMO for quick editing
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes, that is also a con but I meant that I now lost them in full edit as well
Only have
username
subject
post icon
your message
no, the editor should be there in the regular reply mode. Which browser are you using? Is it possible for you to turn on a JavaScript console in your browser and see if there is any error message?
(2012-03-15, 11:38)da-anda Wrote: no, the editor should be there in the regular reply mode. Which browser are you using? Is it possible for you to turn on a JavaScript console in your browser and see if there is any error message?

Would be nice to get it back in quick reply mode too for posting links and images
Excellent work by all those involved, the move seems to have good very smoothly & liking the look of the new forum.

Only minor issue for me is that I initially thought the Search This Forum feature had gone as it's no longer at the top of the forum thread listing i.e. when in General Discussion forum only search within that forum, but I've now noticed it's stuck at the bottom between Post Thread & Forum Jump. Any possibility of moving this back towards the top? find it more intuitive to find it there like Search Thread still is.
(2012-03-15, 13:31)jjd-uk Wrote: Excellent work by all those involved, the move seems to have good very smoothly & liking the look of the new forum.

Only minor issue for me is that I initially thought the Search This Forum feature had gone as it's no longer at the top of the forum thread listing i.e. when in General Discussion forum only search within that forum, but I've now noticed it's stuck at the bottom between Post Thread & Forum Jump. Any possibility of moving this back towards the top? find it more intuitive to find it there like Search Thread still is.

Agreed seems a little out of line with the rest of the forum when all the other searches are at the top
Yes I think a thanks button would be nice. I have seen other forums were it list the people that actually thanked aswell in that post. Dont know if that would clutter the forum or posts but it is nice to see when someone is actually helping and all the poeple that are grateful.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-03-15, 14:54)rflores2323 Wrote: Yes I think a thanks button would be nice.

I also would suggest a donate button somewhere on the forum. As I believe that most users that come to the forum would donate if it was available.
(2012-03-15, 11:38)da-anda Wrote: no, the editor should be there in the regular reply mode. Which browser are you using? Is it possible for you to turn on a JavaScript console in your browser and see if there is any error message?

works in chrome, not in IE

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:36:44 UTC

Line: 736
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://forum.xbmc.org/xbmc/js/editor.js?ver=0010
(2012-03-15, 13:31)jjd-uk Wrote: Excellent work by all those involved, the move seems to have good very smoothly & liking the look of the new forum.

agreed. this forum is more for searching for solutions than general discussions, so all search features should be prominent and easy to use.
(2012-03-15, 19:39)vikjon0 Wrote: works in chrome, not in IE
Line: 736
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://forum.xbmc.org/xbmc/js/editor.js?ver=0010

ok, must be a older IE then, IE9 was working fine. But I think I found the issue - please test again.
(2012-03-15, 22:08)da-anda Wrote: ok, must be a older IE then, IE9 was working fine. But I think I found the issue - please test again.

Yes, works! Nice work.
(2012-03-15, 19:45)distracto Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 13:31)jjd-uk Wrote: Only minor issue for me is that I initially thought the Search This Forum feature had gone as it's no longer at the top of the forum thread listing i.e. when in General Discussion forum only search within that forum...
agreed. this forum is more for searching for solutions than general discussions, so all search features should be prominent and easy to use.

good point - moved on top now
The old forum remembered my last visit, and on next visit only posts after my last
visit was marked unread, and all older posts marked as read. For me it was
a great function.

Do I have to manually mark forum as read now?

Or is it some setting in my profile I am missing?

thanks in advance

Per
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New forum - Pros and Cons0