Volume slider in OSD
Can we have volume slider in the XBMC OSD? Every media player I know has one. Not having it makes it impossible to control the volume through a touch screen if you don't have a keyboard.

I think it deserves a place in the standard skin!
See here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12794
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
it's available in the standard skin, you just have to open the audio and subtitle osd submenu.
^^^ too many steps, I think.
personally i'd rather have an extra step than clutter the interface for everybody.

maybe touched can have it added, but cluttering up my nice remote-control interface for a few touch screen users... is not the approach imo.
^^^ that's a good point of view Smile
Every media player I know has a volume slider. XBMC displays one anyway if you change the volume. Why not allow it to cause the volume change?
Having a slider hidden two menu levels deep is way too userunfriendly...
I just hit my volume button. Read our reasoning again. A very small subset of users have touch based input.
You don't necessarily need it hidden 2 layers deep. For example a button that pops up a slider immediately would be practically as fast without taking up too much real estate (similar to how it's done on some flash players for example). I'm sure if you implement it nicely (it's all doable from the skin) then we'd be happy to consider it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume slider in OSD0