Newbie: Help with Bluray ISO and BDMV naming for XBMC
Hello guys,

This is my first post on this forum as I just recently made the transition from popcornhour to HTPC+XBMC. One word- AWESOME!!!

My first question is regarding naming convention for Bluray iso's and BDMV folder rips for XBMC.

From going through the forum, I am looking to setup my XBMC to play bluray rips via an external player so I get the full menu etc.. What is the best way to name my rips so XBMC finds them and scrapes metadata,fanart etc?

Also is full Bluray+menu support included in the Eden RC2 ?

Thanks in advance
I'd say set them up as single folders for each iso - and name them exactly as listed on TMDB.org or IMDB (with correct year) depending on which scraper you plan to use.

No BD menus in Eden though.
Wow that was quick.. thanks a bunch Big Grin

(2012-03-12, 15:24)live4ever Wrote: I'd say set them up as single folders for each iso - and name them exactly as listed on TMDB.org or IMDB (with correct year) depending on which scraper you plan to use.

No BD menus in Eden though.

(2012-03-12, 15:17)Hail.ceasar Wrote: My first question is regarding naming convention for Bluray iso's and BDMV folder rips for XBMC.

Thanks in advance
I named it "title year.iso". There is no menu in RC2 or any XBMC. If you want to enjoy the original menus, chapters, 3d, bitstreaming, etc, you'll need external player. You still can enjoy XBMC as front-end, and external player as back-end. Here is the guide- Working External Player Solution.

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for your reply Bluray. I have read alot of your posts and you really are a top bloke!! Big Grin

I can apply your naming suggestion for the bluray iso's easily. but what about the blurays i ripped to BDMV structure with loads of folders, i.e. stream, certificate etc..? Does the scrapper look at the folder name alone?

thanks

(2012-03-12, 16:09)bluray Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 15:17)Hail.ceasar Wrote: My first question is regarding naming convention for Bluray iso's and BDMV folder rips for XBMC.

Thanks in advance
I named it "title year.iso". There is no menu in RC2 or any XBMC. If you want to enjoy the original menus, chapters, 3d, bitstreaming, etc, you'll need external player. You still can enjoy XBMC as front-end, and external player as back-end. Here is the guide- Working External Player Solution.

That's why I suggested single movie folders - because you need them if you don't have all isos - if you only had isos you could have all them in a single folder.

Also do some tests with the external player you plan to use, some players might handle folders vs. isos faster in opening, reading etc.
Thanks mate . I will give this a go as well. Just about to start reading the 43 odd pages of bluray's external player thread. Big Grin

(2012-03-12, 16:30)live4ever Wrote: That's why I suggested single movie folders - because you need them if you don't have all isos - if you only had isos you could have all them in a single folder.

Also do some tests with the external player you plan to use, some players might handle folders vs. isos faster in opening, reading etc.

(2012-03-12, 16:30)live4ever Wrote: That's why I suggested single movie folders - because you need them if you don't have all isos - if you only had isos you could have all them in a single folder.
+1- if you have a lot of blu-ray disc folders, you do need it. For me, I ripped most of everything to BD ISO. It's as good as original blu-ray disc.

(2012-03-12, 16:30)live4ever Wrote: Also do some tests with the external player you plan to use, some players might handle folders vs. isos faster in opening, reading etc.
I preferred ArcSoft TMT5 over PDVD11/12. TMT5 seems to be easier on XBMC.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hello bluray,

Just a follow up to my question yesterday, Should the bdmv and iso file extension be used on the folder name ? I know for an iso file this is easy enough.. here is what i mean:

If i have a rip of Fifth Element in iso format should I just name :

Fifth Element .date. [folder]
- Fifth.Element.date.BluRay.iso [ filename]

Also for those ripped to bluray structure, should i name it:

Last Samurai.date.BluRay.bdmv [ for the movie folder, obviously folder contains BDMV folder and Certificate etc] ?

Would this naming convention allow for the "rules" outlined in the playercorefactory XML to be executed flawlessly?

I feel like a noob asking this but would appreciate your help

cheers

(2012-03-12, 20:24)bluray Wrote:
+1- if you have a lot of blu-ray disc folders, you do need it. For me, I ripped most of everything to BD ISO. It's as good as original blu-ray disc.

(2012-03-12, 16:30)live4ever Wrote: Also do some tests with the external player you plan to use, some players might handle folders vs. isos faster in opening, reading etc.
I preferred ArcSoft TMT5 over PDVD11/12. TMT5 seems to be easier on XBMC.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie: Help with Bluray ISO and BDMV naming for XBMC0