ForTheLibrary - XBMC Library & ForTheRecord/Argus PVR Integration
So never mind (sort of). XMLTV GUI is written in something called Lua (of which I had never heard). But there are two nice things about Lua. First, it appears to be compiled at runtime, so you can edit parts of the program and not have to recompile the entire thing. Second, it's pretty easy to read. So I was able to add some new logic to the Schedules Direct plugin that adds a description of "no description" to the output if no description exists. Now all the automation is running fine. If anyone happens to be using XMLTV GUI, feel free to PM me and I can send you the file you need to update.
(2013-01-07, 02:48)pkscuot Wrote: So never mind (sort of). XMLTV GUI is written in something called Lua (of which I had never heard). But there are two nice things about Lua. First, it appears to be compiled at runtime, so you can edit parts of the program and not have to recompile the entire thing. Second, it's pretty easy to read. So I was able to add some new logic to the Schedules Direct plugin that adds a description of "no description" to the output if no description exists. Now all the automation is running fine. If anyone happens to be using XMLTV GUI, feel free to PM me and I can send you the file you need to update.

Nice fix Smile

I haven't tested w/ schedules direct, so this is good to know. Glad to hear it's working.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
(2013-01-07, 18:05)bradvido88 Wrote: I haven't tested w/ schedules direct, so this is good to know. Glad to hear it's working.

Yea, I decided to go that route after the scare with the MCE guide data. BTW, what fields are "required" for ForTheLibrary to run successfully? I'll probably add the same logic to all those fields just in case.

I'm seeing something that I'll classify as an undesirable behavior (rather than an outright bug). If I am recording two shows that end at the same time, only one of them shows up in the library. I can see in the file system that both shows are getting moved and renamed properly, and if I manually run another library scan, the other show appears in the library just fine. It seems like somehow having the ArgusTV post processor running twice at the same time is causing the second library update to either abort or not happen at all.
I've started recording some movies, and FTL isn't processing them as movies. I'm using XMLtVDB to get the additional information into the ArgusTV database, and I can see that movies are getting the YEAR added to the description. All movies also have a genre of movie. But what I get placed into XBMC is a TV show with the custom episode numbering (i.e. S00E01).

Here's a debug log of the last run where I recorded Source Code from Showtime.

http://pastebin.com/vg4995t2
From looking at the code, it looks like the Argus (not xmltv) Category name for the Movie must match "Movies". Perhaps that is not the category name anymore (it was when it was still 4tr).

Edit-- I did a quick test and in the "Upcoming Recordings" screen, my scheduled movie still have a category of "Movies", so perhaps Argus is not properly categorizing your imported xmltv as a movie?
Is this still alive? Just found the program but am having issues. Live tv seems to break whener i run xmltvdb will provide more detail if needed when i run the xmltvdb program it gets to processing xml and seems to do nothing i let it sit for two hours and no change.then if i try to watch live tv i get errors as soon as i stop xmltvdb live tv works again Im using epg collector for the guide xml file. Help appreciated cheers.
Or you can just go back to Sage as it is going to be open sourced. Smile
(2015-03-14, 01:06)valnar Wrote: Or you can just go back to Sage as it is going to be open sourced. Smile

Four years. (Yeah count them, four) is a bit too much to wait. In the mean time argus has been kicking ass and is natively integrated with Kodi. Glad I made the move
(2015-03-14, 02:57)bradvido88 Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 01:06)valnar Wrote: Or you can just go back to Sage as it is going to be open sourced. Smile

Four years. (Yeah count them, four) is a bit too much to wait. In the mean time argus has been kicking ass and is natively integrated with Kodi. Glad I made the move

Sage is still a better PVR, and integration into Kodi is not important to many.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ForTheLibrary - XBMC Library & ForTheRecord/Argus PVR Integration1